Here to Rage, and not about what you think I'm gonna rage about.

1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mich567

02-22-2013

Well, I've noticed. This is a lot of Bronze in a nutshell. I raged about this to my friend, and I'm too lazy to retype something better, so I'm just gonna Copy Paste it.
This part is when I told the stuff to my friend in chat.
Gah people in Bronze... 80% of them
are
Either negative
Meaning they just cuss or rage
And don't know how to snowball themselves
and don't know how to stop an enemy snowball.
They don't know how to give tips
And incessantly say NOOB ******* SCRUB UNINSTALL based on one match.
I do badly sometimes, but I make mistakes, which I am working on.
And mostly, teammates don't know how to stop snowballs and are negative.
On the rare occasion where I do get a decent teammate, I make sure to friend them
But we can't duo ALL the time.
The only way is to do premades ALL the time.
with a perfect team.
Which is Incredibly difficult.
Add in the Dunning-Kruger Effect, and you've got the REAL baddies of LoL in a nutshell.
(Proud of myself, typed that all in 2 minutes in the chat XD).

(Edit... EXTRA WALL OF TEXT ****) You can't fault any piece of logic of this. Here are a couple situations I've seen. If you flame at people who die once or make a mistake, this community is so toxic that they will generally reply with something like "stfu noob (insert k/d here)". Give them a tip to fix the mistake, don't start a flame war, and make sure to keep track of enemy champions who can get fed. You can't rage at people for their skill... if you have a better k/d, you have no right to say whatever the **** you want. You must still be a positive teammate. You're generally rarely as good as you think you are in LoL (Hell, I think I belong in Silver or Gold! But, I'm in Bronze. Am I a victim of the Dunning-Kruger Effect? Yes, no, maybe so...), so ALWAYS stay positive. And another thing... complaining about people in All chat is a horrible idea. If someone makes a mistake, (I can't say this enough) TELL THEM RESPECTFULLY AND ASK THEM TO DO WHATEVER THEY DID WRONG CORRECTLY... RESPECTFULLY! Pros and most high-level players understand this completely. By the way, another attitude I see a lot in the game is the condescending one. Don't start acting like "I'm better than you"... once again, people have bad games. You shouldn't get TOO worked up over this game... if people don't listen to you and act like toxic players, if people leave, etc... report. But make sure to understand why they did those actions. AND act accordingly. Truth is, I'd MUCH rather have a 3v5 then a game with a full team and one person who's a toxic player... and I'm sure all other non-toxic players would too.

(Non-Chat part... MOAR EXTRA STUFF. It also includes advice on how to get better in-game.) Anyways, I realize that I may belong in Bronze after playing 120+ matches. I hope not... I realize that with lots and lots of matches, I'll find out where I truly belong, but I don't have that kind of time. Please, if you do any of these things, fix yourself. Reply below, and I will reply.
Also, learn 3+ roles and 3+ champs per roles at least before going into ranked. Calling positions is (imo, it's OK if you believe differently as long as you act ok) the best way out there right now, and in lower leagues, countering is crucial. E.g., don't instalock Darius second pick when the enemy instalocked Teemo first pick.
Also, full runes for at least generic roles are preferable. Finally, ward no matter what role you're playing. Even as the ADc, the support is gold-starved... ward for them a bit. Improve Mechanics like CSing and Warding (PRO STREAMS FTW) and attitude (stuff in this post), and you'll go far, and if you improve them enough, you might even get to be a pro.
#Rage
This community needs to know this and change. We have the same problems with the world in general sadly, if you translate it onto a bigger scale and change it some.
Thanks for reading this. Btw, I don't give a **** about tl;dr. It's impossible to make one for this anyways, because there's so much to say.

Edit: Thanks to all that replied . 10 THUMBS UPS! But I really want people who would thumbs this down to come so we can change attitudes... this community is probably better than I think.
Edit 2: 20 Thumbs Ups, gonna change the post a bit!
Edit 3: I bumped this quite a few times, and changed the post... we really need people to see this.

Mich567

02-22-2013

I need this bumped, because people need to see this.

RadicalEquinox

02-22-2013

Bump.

SHMEEPS phd

02-22-2013

I went from bronze 3 --> silver 5 in about 110 ranked games playing 98 games with nocturne in the jungle. You don't need to learn multiple positions if you're a jungler or a support even though there will be games here and there that you'll get stuck in spots you're not great at.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going full ****** if I get stuck in top lane or support. I look up a build for a champ that I want to play, and I've watched enough Dyrus vids to know how to at least be competent in top lane. Support is easy once you have the build and wards spots figured out. (easy to survive, not be amazing.)

I think you'll have more success specializing one role, or even one champion. Just make sure you at least know the mechanics of many.

The rest of what you said I totally agree with though

Mich567

02-22-2013

Yeah, I main top... I play all roles. I much prefer not getting "stuck" with bot lane.
Thanks for replying. .

Mich567

02-24-2013

I HAVE TO bump this again. 80% of the community in Bronze does not deserve to play this game. Seriously, if you really can judge that we suck... I am something like 50-70 (definitely worse), and I hope that does not accurately reflect my skill. JUST DON'T INCESSANTLY SAY PEOPLE SUCK. DON'T. IF YOU WANT TO ARGUE, JUST SHUT UP. GIVE TIPS! GIVE ****ING TIPS AND BE ****ING POSITIVE. PEOPLE IN BRONZE MAKE MISTAKES. SOME MATTER MORE THAN OTHERS.
This community...
The gist of this is a bump.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-24-2013

you know, when I just started LoL.
I met people like that. They just shouted at me "nob." or even people from other ethnics "silly american, you nob fed" (that's not even grammatically right)
But when people said: (for instance)
"Hey srplz (my name shortened) you should get a sunfire cape on that Garen."
I would ask why, and after hearing that it was good by more than 1 guy, I would take the suggestion instantly and try to fix what I built wrong.
"Hey rift (me again) don't build Guardian Angel on twisted fate. he needs more damage."
I would actually think and do it because it makes sense.

Now when I see people doing things wrong I always try to help. I say "try" as keyword. because if he or she gets weird, I let it go, or otherwise it will ruin my experience.
Once, a Teemo built tanky (lolz)
I told him "Hey Teemo, first time with Teemo? "
he said nothing and after a minute answered "yes"
I told him "Teemo is better pure damage. That's what I feel. Try Huricane and Malady, you'll kill alot!"
and he listened to me. It felt good.
I just love when people give advices and some other take advices nicely.

I think that there are people who play bad. and that's not something you can blame about.
But if people don't want to learn, that's another thing.

Mich567

02-26-2013

Still pissed. Bump.
By the way, pick order is currently what people go by, but I think call order is better. I am flexible however... but I believe in countering, while many people completely ignore the mechanics of it. If you counter them, it's easier to win the lane. Now, pick order is okay as long as you're not a jerk in game, and are consistently positive, give tips, and don't cuss or rage. Not often the case.
Change to this, communication and flexibility is best, Pick Order is last resort.
And ignore some of the comments I made, I was pretty pissed most of the time when I bumped this, we all know what the game can do to you.

Eternal Bandit

02-26-2013

This is so true, honestly you can come back from a lot of games just by being positive and working as a team. Raging never solves anything, and i just wish more people would see that.

Mich567

02-26-2013

Bumping iz Fun.
Said No One ever except me.
This is gonna take a while...

1234511 ... 13