Champs IRL: J!NX T-Shirt Design Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSmiles

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKGN View Post
Correct. Taking a photo, putting a filter on it and then add 3 streaks of color doesn't make it your own

that blows, that means i have to draw a champ xD then scan it into the computer!

Uncle Destiny

02-23-2013

Ah man. I was super excited for this, but apparently you need Photoshop. :/

12PieceMeal

02-23-2013

Ms.Pudding I have a question. Can we design the front and back of a shirt? And if we are allowed to design the back (2 images) should we then submit more than what the requirements previously stated?

Zacoly

02-23-2013

I am not artistically talented, but I'd like to see a shirt with Lee Sin playing chess with Zilean.

Lee Sin - "Remind me, was as my Knight on square 6A or 6B?"
Zilean - "You're taking Forever!!!"

That's what goes on in Valoran!

Realm Ervine

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeshFever View Post
Since Karma's never on the Rift do we make a shirt of what she does when she is on the rift
Mind=Blown
Omgerd so true

Im expecting extreme amounts of teemo wear to be made after this point.

Not understanding the kit itself was hoping for an answer here in the forums but unforunatly there is none. I have an Idea for my favorite support champs off time schedule.

Azlokier

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LullabyGaming View Post
I hate this. Whenever there's a contest it's to do with artistic skill.

What about us who don't have that? Don't we get a chance to participate in a contest?

This is extremely disappointing to me. There's so many different kinds of contests you could hold but no, draw this photoshop that.. Sigh.
I know what you mean.

Davidt1234

02-23-2013

I WANT THE DAM RAM PLUSH. IT SAYS OK, DOESNT IT? too bad ima terrible artist >_< but best of luck to everyone else

Trashcam

02-23-2013

I don't get how the shirt submission kit works.. All the actual submission page asks for is a GIF and a PNG file, how do i even use the shirt submission kit? I have no idea how to use photoshop, I used MSPaint; thought I do have photoshop.

NigelBaldwen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Hello, I am rather new to your contests. However, I am a long time player and would appreciate some assistance regarding the submission details of this contest. If I understand correctly, all contest entrants must utilize the submission kit linked to on the contest entry page. It is not clear to me though how exactly this is supposed to be used. I have it opened up in Photoshop and I have read the instructions on the template. Based on those instructions, the intention seems to be that contestants fill the left-most, open segment of the template with their art-work and utilize the two t-shirt images on the right-hand side in order to display the front and back of the t-shirt. If I understand the instructions clearly, that is nice...however, I feel as though I am missing something in regards to the usage of the color layers, Black, Charcoal, Silver, etc... What exactly is the purpose of these layers? Are design entrants supposed to cut away segments of these layers in order to craft an image? That is, rather than being able to use say, the paintbrush tool, the artist is constrained to cutting away portions of the color layers already in order to reveal lower ordered layers. To clarify, if the artist wishes to display a line of the color Silver, but his base t-shirt is Black, he must display both the Black and Silver layers and cut through the Black layer in order to view the small segment of Silver. This question is further complicated by the last instruction of the template, "5. If you are not using the back shirt picture, turn those layers off". If these color layers are not used and the instruction and J!NX logo layers are turned off, then the artist is left with a blank image space corresponding to the larger size of the two requested by the submission entry details. To summarize, I am a noob. Help plox.

Stick In Mudd

02-23-2013

Official Rules;
"g.J!NX and Riot reserve the right, in sole discretion, to disqualify any entries that it determines, in sole discretion, to have been generated or entered by non-human means, such as by a software script, robot, or other means."

This makes Blitzcrank very sad.

Otherwise great contest with pretty good prizes! I'll try to enter!