Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What to do against /taunt?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dfspSpirit

12-03-2009

EDIT: Forget this thread, I confused /taunt in chat window with Rammus' Taunt ability (or more precisely, I didn't know about the latter).

Hi,

I just lost a game cause the others had 1 rammus that kept taunting our team. Nobody can cast or do anything then, just attacking that guy with their default attack. No chance to focus on Ashe or Teemo. He could even sit in a bush, wait for ppl to come, taunt and kill them.

What can you do against that? I'm Morgana so taunting back is not an option.

JonTehKnight

12-03-2009

Beyond trying to Black Shield before he taunts there really isn't anything you can do. Unless it was changed recently you can't cleanse out of taunt.

SwampZero

12-03-2009

You can't just counter "taunt" directly, but if you generally are a better player, and so is your team, you will find taunts not being an issue.

Usually taunt just exploits mistaken plays and bad team habits instead of creating a solid advantage. Good teams will not be as taunt suspectible, and when they are taunted, they WILL be able to make rammus hurt a lot for it, then switch back when it's over.

Juancho

12-03-2009

taunts goes for 3-4 secs.. flash away, kill rammus... try to avoid range of taunt, buy banshes veil or even buy some hp items so you and your team dont get killed in a 3 secs taunt.

MeanBean

12-03-2009

Banshees veil is your friend.

Charmicarmicarmicat

12-03-2009

I believe that you can flash out of taunt - your hero will run to rammus in attempt to attack him, but it helps.

RamboBatman

12-03-2009

A fed Rammus will be able to roll into your team, taunt/curl/tremor probably kill a guy with his team's help and then roll out again none the worse for wear. A fed tank is nigh unkillable and rightly so.

However, Rammus is particularly weak early game, especially to casters. Anivia or Annie should be able to shut him down, preventing him from buying the survivablity gear that makes him such a great tank. If you're playing a melee character and you're laning against Rammus, switch lanes. I can't believe how many game losing problems can be solved by some early game lane-changing. If you properly matchup your champions' strengths to their champions' weaknesses then who ever you're having problems with isn't going to be a problem much longer.

As Morgana, I don't know why you're having problems with Rammus, just punish him everytime he gets anywhere near close enough to taunt you. You can root even a powerballing Rammus, leaving him to spin in your poisoned soil. Also, don't try pushing Rammus tower. This is a kind of no-brainer but I can't believe the kills I've gotten as Rammus using the in the bushes "Abandoned Tower" ploy.

mullsork

12-03-2009

If I'm not mistaken you could just throw up your ulti before he has the chance to taunt you. On the other hand, your team failed miserably if you ALL were taunted...

As morgana I've never had any troubles with rammus. Your shield is your biggest friend, although you're probably not the one who should be using it since you're (at least to me) a support hero.

Daikaze

12-03-2009

Banshee's Veil
Cleanse
Cleansing clickable item (new one)
Someone stun him after taunt (not the taunted of course)
+armor or + health to increase survival in the event of taunt
Exhaust (he'll move slowly when dragging you away)

dfspSpirit

12-03-2009

Thanks for all the answers, guys!

@mullsork: I was referring to team fights, not laning.

A last question maybe: how often can you taunt per match and does it cost any Mana?

On a sidenote:
I gotta say I didn't know about taunting before (I knew you could do it but I thought it was a joke like /dance) and it seems pretty weird to me to have it in a game like this as a powerful spell or something. Feels out of place, typing commands in the chat window to win fights? Almost like an exploit or something, really annoying.