Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE: Restricted Chat For Toxic Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXMizuXx

03-18-2013

i think this is a bad idea, i dont want to be teamed up with players who cannot communicate with the rest of the team. its just a big handicap for the rest of the team

YueienGato

03-18-2013

From what I gather, there is a prearranged set of common sentences that can be used.

MIA, careful, etc. Also pings are still usable, with the new system.

Then again it could end up like this: http://elohell.net/chill/223426

I dunno, like I said the human imagination is vast. Give it a few weeks for it to set in, I suppose.

RossumEcho

03-18-2013

I saw it on PBE as well. Under the chatbox it has a message that says "chat is available." I assume that with toxic players it will change to "chat is limited"

Demon Shefu

03-18-2013

Quote:
MizuRose:
i think this is a bad idea, i dont want to be teamed up with players who cannot communicate with the rest of the team. its just a big handicap for the rest of the team

Problem thought alot of people still dont talk now if they have been to tribunal already for that reason of getting banned.

YueienGato

03-19-2013

Quote:
Darkmovetwisted:
Problem thought alot of people still dont talk now if they have been to tribunal already for that reason of getting banned.

If it works for them then it works? I cna see you point though but, on the other hand, if those sorts don't talk then they won't be back in the Tribunal, hypothetically speaking.

IDK, I just hope Lyte posts some data a month from now that justify/condemns this experiment. Communication is important, but then there is only so much you need to do so to play this game somewhat effectively.

gnfnrf

03-19-2013

Quote:
YueienGato:
From what I gather, there is a prearranged set of common sentences that can be used.

MIA, careful, etc. Also pings are still usable, with the new system.

Then again it could end up like this: http://elohell.net/chill/223426

I dunno, like I said the human imagination is vast. Give it a few weeks for it to set in, I suppose.

I thought it was the other way around. You can still say anything you want, but the volume is capped.

Something like (these numbers are made up) you get 5 chats, plus one more per 2 minutes of play. If you use them all up, you can't chat until you earn another.

It's supposed to be enough to communicate in game, but not enough to argue or be a ******nozzle.

Illuyankas

03-19-2013

I actually disagree strongly with this choice, and more effort should be made into discouraging smurf accounts. This is first and foremost a game and not a rehabilitation lab, if this were real life there'd be actual merit in trying to get people to reform. But, in my honest opinion, if they can't behave they simply shouldn't be allowed to play. I think way too much effort goes into making the system have a rehabilitating effect and too little into making the punishment an effective tool of removing the offender from the game.

gnfnrf

03-19-2013

Quote:
Illuyankas:
I actually disagree strongly with this choice, and more effort should be made into discouraging smurf accounts. This is first and foremost a game and not a rehabilitation lab, if this were real life there'd be actual merit in trying to get people to reform. But, in my honest opinion, if they can't behave they simply shouldn't be allowed to play. I think way too much effort goes into making the system have a rehabilitating effect and too little into making the punishment an effective tool of removing the offender from the game.

This system isn't about rehabilitation, it's about making the punished player work though the punishment on the banned account, instead of ignoring it for the banned period and playing a smurf.

xSmig

03-19-2013

whole thing is a joke lol just letting you pathetic forum nerds ban people is a joke lol this game will die soon from you nerds taking over. Its the internet stop being such pussys lol ooohhh no a kid is bullying me through my computer screen lol this has to be stopped!!! lmao pathetic i know

YueienGato

03-19-2013

Quote:
gnfnrf:
This system isn't about rehabilitation, it's about making the punished player work though the punishment on the banned account, instead of ignoring it for the banned period and playing a smurf.

Dunno, negative stimuli is removing the person's ability to communicate seems to me to act as reinforcing certain positive behaviours (No communicating) instead of letting the person continue to wallow in his / her prior behaviour.

If a person cannot lash out verbally then he or she will find another outlet. Worse comes to worse, this is displayed in in-game behaviour (i.e. trolling) or champ select bullying. I hope it is not the case but we will have to see once more information comes.