PBE: Restricted Chat For Toxic Players

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzyne

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheAttorney View Post
Partial solution. And those permabanned for continual trolling and feeding? Those banned for pre- or post-game screenshots of those who tell people to shoot themselves and die, get cancer, or playing "role or feed" dodge chicken?

I think this experiment will be interesting. A muzzle is a decent solution, but I think only solves half the issues of toxic players.

still half is better than none.
In my experience, I've never really encountered people that flat out troll and feed - it's usually triggered (arguement, raging, etc). Pre/Post game is a whole different story. I think they'd have to come up with something entirely new for that.

BillyTheAttorney

02-21-2013

OH another point. Dzyne, I'm sorry. I generally don't like crushing optimism or hope, but I'd feel remiss if I didn't point out that - unfortunately, previous permabans probably won't be released. It seems like a procedural nightmare, and something that would completely swamp resources to a pointless extreme.

Let me put it this way. In the field where I work, sometimes the law changes. Sometimes drastically, but those previously convicted of stuff are rarely "reimbursed" if the situation changes.

Say you get caught with weed in your pocket. The judge tells you to pay $150 bucks and do community service. Two years later they make marijuana legal. You can't then go and say "well it's legal now, so I want my $150 back plz"

It works both ways. If they suddenly make something illegal that you've done in the past - they can't then go and arrest you for "things you did in the past."

So, I appreciate the optimism, but it's probably best if you heard to not get your hopes up too high.

Sorry man.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

I'm not okay with this kind of punishment, but we will see what data Riot will get from it. One thing I like is the punishment is based on "matchmade games played", so for the punishment to be lifted they have to play games on their main instead of ruining lower level games.

Aelcalan

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
I'm not okay with this kind of punishment, but we will see what data Riot will get from it. One thing I like is the punishment is based on "matchmade games played", so for the punishment to be lifted they have to play games on their main instead of ruining lower level games.
Is there any reason in particular you dislike this sort of punishment?

One More Fight

02-21-2013

Quote:
Also Something I've thought would help but never seems to get anywhere is a self censor option whereby the player can input words into a chat filter that even if they type them they either never come up in game or only on the players own screen.
I like this more and I said the same thing like on my first week of LOL.
And NO, I am not aware of tribunal in Dota 2.

strongly feeling, they won't replace bans with any other feature. Banning players brings them more business.

Edit:
one more thought I had was...
you never have to play with someone on your ignore list. But, this suxx when it comes to ranked games. Atleast, the new players don't have to play with the ones they don't want to.

Exploding Barrel

02-21-2013

I'm still not a fan of this idea. I'd rather have toxic players removed from my pool of potential allies than have them remain there but with reduced avenues of communication. I want a team that communicates positively, not one that doesn't communicate.

But I do admit that bans themselves are far from a great solution so I'm interested to see how this goes.

YueienGato

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
I'm still not a fan of this idea. I'd rather have toxic players removed from my pool of potential allies than have them remain there but with reduced avenues of communication. I want a team that communicates positively, not one that doesn't communicate.

But I do admit that bans themselves are far from a great solution so I'm interested to see how this goes.
Myself, my idea was just pooling players with high toxicity together in their own bracket, away from everyone else. They play and exhibit non-toxic behaviour and they can be moved back up. It isn't perma bamping, but it is something that, if the saying that a leopard can't change its spots, would at least give ragers an insight as to why they are there in the first place.

One More Fight

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YueienGato View Post
Myself, my idea was just pooling players with high toxicity together in their own bracket, away from everyone else. They play and exhibit non-toxic behaviour and they can be moved back up. It isn't perma bamping, but it is something that, if the saying that a leopard can't change its spots, would at least give ragers an insight as to why they are there in the first place.
in short, LOW PRIORITY!

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelcalan View Post
Is there any reason in particular you dislike this sort of punishment?
I think toxic players won't change their behavior, and will wait till their chat is restored fully then go back to throwing raging fits. I can see where Lyte is going with this, by giving them a limited amount of times they can talk and by doing so will make them conscious not to rage and waste their words, but I think Riot could of thought of a different punishment which could be better.

YueienGato

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by One More Fight View Post
in short, LOW PRIORITY!
Kinda, more like an extended time out where their choice of playpals is severely limited. I dunno though, the problem is that - like any suggestion posted here - it is just hypothetical thinking.

I will say though that, yes, we are on the same line of thinking here.

123456 ... 8