Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

3v3 ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eragoan

10-29-2010

Hey I have played a lot of 5v5 ranked games but just recently started playing 3v3 because my friends finally hit 30. What are good heroes to ban in 3v3? Is it the same heroes as in 5v5?

Kroghar

10-29-2010

TOTALLY different than 5vs5. I'm by no means an expert, but I've been playing TT on and off for a little while. The one on one Assassin champions that have no place in 5's actually dominate the compact nature of TT.

I'd listen to more experienced, ranked 3vs3 players, but in my limited experience, Dr Mundo, Garen, Mordekaiser are all just stupid powerful on that map. Garen and Morde have insane early game and will dominate your lane, just being set back in last hits a little bit can ruin your whole match. Mundo is kind of the opposite, but once the game nears the end, he's pretty much unstoppable.

I'd say some runners up are Sona because she's just far too much utility early in the match. Akali is straight nasty with mobility and burst. Teemo just because he's Fing annoying. And I've heard Morgana is amazing on the map, but haven't seen anyone play her yet.

Eppa

10-29-2010

You actually don't need to be 30 to play 3v3.

eragoan

10-29-2010

Quote:
Eppa:

rly? because you do need to be 30 to play 5v5

Zylina

10-29-2010

Yes really. Any level can play ranked 3v3.

Ban:
Tryndamere
Mordekaiser
Mundo

I play nothing but TT on my main account for the last 2-300 games. These are consistent game changers.

Other options to ban (if you pick some of the above for your team:
Garen
Shen
Akali
Kennen
Gragas
Ezreal
Amumu
Morgana

These are all fairly strong on TT but not as important to ban as the others.

eragoan

10-29-2010

ty

Byerley

10-29-2010

Why would Ezreal be stronger in TT than SR? This confuses me greatly, but seems to be a consistent sentiment.

Infamousduck

10-29-2010

Quote:
Zylina:
Yes really. Any level can play ranked 3v3.

Ban:
Tryndamere
Mordekaiser
Mundo

I play nothing but TT on my main account for the last 2-300 games. These are consistent game changers.

Other options to ban (if you pick some of the above for your team:
Garen
Shen
Akali
Kennen
Gragas
Ezreal
Amumu
Morgana

These are all fairly strong on TT but not as important to ban as the others.

Have to be lvl 20+ for 3v3/5v5 arranged ranked not any lvl. Buy ya I agree with ur bans

Kroghar

10-29-2010

Quote:
Shrinking Violet:
Why would Ezreal be stronger in TT than SR? This confuses me greatly, but seems to be a consistent sentiment.

Guessing for similar reasons as to why Lux and Janna are surprisingly strong in TT compared to SR. On a map dominated by AD champs, and a few towers, where aces are easier to achieve, Essence Flux is a game changer. With less open areas and ever-present walls, Arcane Shift is a free life. With such straight lanes, Trueshot Barrage is a surefire kill.

Support champs that can double for damage, along with two AD champs can really power through TT.

Regards

10-29-2010

Quote:
Eppa:

I had no idea. I mainly play 3v's, wish I would have known that.