Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Price Adjustments on the PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lexinus

03-01-2013

Quote:
Rubixtreme:
Why dont we have all champs and skins unlocked. I mean, since Riot gives RP/IP every sunday (which in turns giving us opportunities to own all champs, in just a matter of time). Sooner or later we will hv the money to buy all isn't it?

Just asking....

Riot knows that your parents didn't teach you any frugality. This is Riot's attempt to try and make people less stupid.

rangerkiller34

Recruiter

03-01-2013

when can the pbe re open i wanna join but they keep sayinng its closed for a few months since november

AerialSnack

03-03-2013

I wish I was able to do testing for macs T_T
It would have been awesome getting free RP.

hyungiez

03-15-2013

Hi, could you guys also adjust the prices of runes on PBE, or give a much bigger initial IP amount?

10K IP isn't really enough to fill even a single page of runes that would be shared by all roles. 9 armor yellows, 9 magic resist blues, 3 movement speed quints already = 10K, I haven't even bought any marks yet because I can't afford them.

I really don't want to grind PBE for weeks to get IP-recharged or play enough games on it just to gain equal footing.

If the purpose of PBE is really to allow users to try new things, test and play around with different champions/build/runes, the cost restrictions on runes definitely need to be adjusted.

Thanks

C9 Meaty Os

03-15-2013

Quote:
hyungiez:
Hi, could you guys also adjust the prices of runes on PBE, or give a much bigger initial IP amount?

10K IP isn't really enough to fill even a single page of runes that would be shared by all roles. 9 armor yellows, 9 magic resist blues, 3 movement speed quints already = 10K, I haven't even bought any marks yet because I can't afford them.

I really don't want to grind PBE for weeks to get IP-recharged or play enough games on it just to gain equal footing.

If the purpose of PBE is really to allow users to try new things, test and play around with different champions/build/runes, the cost restrictions on runes definitely need to be adjusted.

Thanks

[QUOTE=hyungiez;35617883

Thanks[/QUOTE]

The purpose of the PBE is to test and report bugs experienced in-game so that they don't get into the Live version of the game.
Although I agree that the runes should have lower prices because hybrid protection/penetration runes cost as much as almost 2 champions!

hollowZone

03-16-2013

Quote:
hyungiez:

Thanks

This^ Pretty please. I've had a PBE account for a few months now (my NA server account having had for about 2 years) and runes even on regular league take FOREVER to get. You guys reduce IP prices on champs all the time because it takes a long time just to catch up in champs and not all of us have the hours and hours and hours each day to grind for this. Though we have been members of the community a long time and I have yet to own all champs on NA and all runes and have paid money (though not these crazy amounts i hear about o.o jeez kids) and still cant catch up without spending a literal fortune.

TL;DR Please lower rune costs across all platforms just so we can catch up and modify our runes at an easier cost without literal days and days of grinding for ONE page.

Zonacain

03-18-2013

I would love for runes to have lowered costs.

Xanthian93

04-04-2013

Quote:
Rubixtreme:
Why dont we have all champs and skins unlocked. I mean, since Riot gives RP/IP every sunday (which in turns giving us opportunities to own all champs, in just a matter of time). Sooner or later we will hv the money to buy all isn't it?

Just asking....

They want the store to be tested regularly as well.

Sukishoo

Recruiter

04-04-2013

Quote:
Zonacain:
I would love for runes to have lowered costs.

That'd be kind of nice. Then we could test more rune combonations out.