Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Player Behavior Experiments and Restricted Chat Mode on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fomorian27

Recruiter

02-21-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
Players will no longer be able to make new accounts for a few days to escape their timeban. [/b]

I'm a little unclear about this. Are there going to be actual restrictions on players making new accounts, or will it just be as a result of having access to the normal account and being able to unlock restrictions through playing games?

DaisyB

02-21-2013

Quote:
Vacus:
I'm not sure I like the idea of being in a game with someone who has a cap on the number of messages they send.

Yes, it would reduce their ability to rage, but it seems to me like someone who didn't learn anything from their punishment would hit their cap and then be unable to communicate with the rest of the team for the rest of the game. Yeah, they're being punished, but they say useful things sometimes too. I don't like them raging and making the game no fun for anyone, but I also like winning games, and I'm not sure whether them being utterly silent is actually an improvement in that regard.

(I know this is an experiment and I'm sure you've already thought of that, I just wanted to put my opinion out there).

Isn't the opinions of the players most important? This is definitely something which we/they should be worried about. Maybe they can add a word changer which changes specific words from the original to something like "cupcake". Imagine, someone is raging " PIZZA YOU STUPID COMPUTER SON OF A CUPCAKE" I think it would be funny. Ohhhh, or this could be an April fools thing. I got off track.

jheregfan

02-21-2013

Quote:
Fomorian27:
I'm a little unclear about this. Are there going to be actual restrictions on players making new accounts, or will it just be as a result of having access to the normal account and being able to unlock restrictions through playing games?

I read it as a temporary IP ban on new account creation, but who knows *shrug*

NotBuzzJack

02-21-2013

So how do us non-toxic players help you test this?

jheregfan

02-21-2013

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
So how do us non-toxic players help you test this?

Report toxic PBE players so as to help Lyte gather data of course!

cwutididthur

02-21-2013

So...time to start being hyper-toxic on the PBE?

This is a cool approach to player behaviour! Do they get identified as toxic before they get sent to the tribunal or is the restricted chat a punishment from the tribunal?

TheBakerman

02-21-2013

I will make it my duty to be incredibly toxic and see what happens. For science!

cocacolalips

02-21-2013

Alright, I've a few questions.

- How do you determine who is toxic and who is not? Is it related to tribunal suspensions? Leaver Buster suspensions? Reports?
- As an average and neutral player, will I be concerned with these chat restrictions in any way?

ElDynamite

02-21-2013

Damn this is smart
LOL Xelnath's tag

Wards win games

02-21-2013

This sounds like an awesome strategy to retain consistency on testing and still push the "It's just the PBE" mindset out the window.

How easily identifiable will the restriction be for players?

Will they receive an in game announcement similar to when you receive a gift or banner from honor? Or will they only be identified in a match, with a chat box message?

I'm guessing this is something that falls in the "we'll be testing multiple different methods" category, but figured I would ask.