Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Tryndamere - Philosophy of a Raging Barbarian

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMighty0ne

Recruiter

11-02-2010

Quote:
Draik:
+1 like your guide, i main tryndamere and i share a lot of similarities with your guide however i could argue about some points you stated:

All of your points are valid, I will probably add good ideas and critisism in the end of the guy, it's always nice to see different points of view. So keep them coming

TheMighty0ne

Recruiter

12-13-2010

Edit: Jungle Tryndamere section added

Demonite10

12-13-2010

I'm so glad you did not make a build of eight phantom dancers. Zeal and phantom dancer are great items for AD carries, but there are significantly better choices for Tryndamere. After Tryn gets a ghostblade or last whisper,(usually midgame) he can kill people in 3-4 hits...infinity edge scales him into late game so he can do the same after midgame.

Good guide...for the people who take the time to be good at Tryndamere, this kind of build is what is pro.

Somepants

12-13-2010

I find your item build interesting, but I have to ask: what, to you, is the disadvantage to starting with MS quints, boots + 3 health pots, getting avarice blade, finishing boots, and then going straight for a recurve or bf followed by the other? I think this results in a more noticeable jump in his power which is fairly easily obtained in laning, allowing you to end the laning phase and move on to teamfights where you either do massive damage or have scaled equally with tanks. The MS allows you to avoid being denied in lane, and take risks you otherwise couldn't back out of.

TheMighty0ne

Recruiter

12-13-2010

Quote:
Somepants:
I find your item build interesting, but I have to ask: what, to you, is the disadvantage to starting with MS quints, boots + 3 health pots, getting avarice blade, finishing boots, and then going straight for a recurve or bf followed by the other? I think this results in a more noticeable jump in his power which is fairly easily obtained in laning, allowing you to end the laning phase and move on to teamfights where you either do massive damage or have scaled equally with tanks. The MS allows you to avoid being denied in lane, and take risks you otherwise couldn't back out of.

First of all, if it works out for you and you're doing great please keep it that way. I'm not saying "My build is right, everything else is wrong" it's just what I came to through trial and error.

Now to the acual questions. With MS quints you give up, 16 ArmPen. That is a lot imo. Now if you go jungling you HAVE to get those AS quints, it didn't work out for me without them. You have a low CD flash and in the most cases you die because of stuns and slows, when you're slowed by 60% those Quints won't help much :-/ MS Quints give you 4.5% , a single Zeal gives you 8% if i'm not mistaken.

Boots and 3 Pots are good but RejuvBead and 5 Pots are better ^^ When you get harassed hard those 3 pots won't be enough. That was just my experience. I did the Boots, 3 Pots build too, I think it was suggested in Bitterz's guide.

BF Sword + Recuve vs Youmu. I think this is more of a preference. You get more AS and some CritChance but for a short time duration only. With BF Sword you'd get slightly more damage. Besides Youmu gives your even more ArmPen. Try both out, see what works best for you. I find that obtaining Youmu really early gives you a huge boost to your damage output and that step by step. Look how much you have to invest in one go.

Youmu = 750g + 1337g + 600g
Your build = 750g + 1000g + 1850g

Now before that BF Sword you have only your basic AD + Bloodlust stacks and unless you get fed it'll stay this way for a while :-/

Somepants

12-13-2010

Ah, but if you build Youmuu first then you have to make that 1850 hurdle to more damage or 1050 to more reliable AS during the start of the midgame, where he really hammer in a lead if he has that damage. Youmuu is also less preferable for grabbing jungle while moving between lanes, as it'll be on cooldown for the upcoming fight if you use it.

Then again, the crux of my early game is running in and out of bushes to last hit, followed by fishing for crits on enemy champs to knock them out of lane. Or partnering with a Janna and rolling the lane.

As for jungling, brawler's + pots, Golems (smite) > Wolves > Ghosts (smite big one) > back, Avarice, repeat/gank/jungle other team. Or, with lucky crits, go take the other jungle's mini golems as well before you b. It works moderately to very well, depending on gank opportunities.

TheMighty0ne

Recruiter

12-14-2010

Quote:
Somepants:
Youmuu is also less preferable for grabbing jungle while moving between lanes, as it'll be on cooldown for the upcoming fight if you use it.

By the time you can afford it you won't need it in the jungle Besides you've jungled without it the whole time so why would you need it now? I sometimes use it when I'm taking dragon on my own, just in order to get it faster.

Quote:
Somepants:

As for jungling, brawler's + pots, Golems (smite) > Wolves > Ghosts (smite big one) > back, Avarice, repeat/gank/jungle other team. Or, with lucky crits, go take the other jungle's mini golems as well before you b. It works moderately to very well, depending on gank opportunities.

I'll try it out.

zeema

12-14-2010

thats pretty much my build but i get gunblade instead of starks, it adds to your AP so you can heal more, has more AD and LS and is another slow which does damage and you can still rape face and face roll the game

TheMighty0ne

Recruiter

12-14-2010

Quote:
zeema:
thats pretty much my build but i get gunblade instead of starks, it adds to your AP so you can heal more, has more AD and LS and is another slow which does damage and you can still rape face and face roll the game

How much more is the heal? Is it worth the price? I never thorught of Gunblade as a suitable item on Trynd. It feels like many stats are going to be wasted. I see better options there when it comes to late game.

Beetleweisse

12-19-2010

I know I'll sound like a newb, but is there a hotkey for items like ghostblade? its too hard to click on it in the middle of a fight, so a button i can press would be great. Thanks!