Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champs lacking skins.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DivineBovine

02-21-2013

The quality of new skins has been quite good in the past few months. However there is still a lack of skins for champs that are now going on to 2-3 years old that have not a new skin released! Here is a list of them, just for those who are wondering.

Trundle, Released in November 2010.

Karma, released February 2011.

Rumble, released April 2011.

Yorick, released June 2011.

Skarner, released August 2011.

Xerath, released October 2011.

:Edit: Forgot about Scorched Earth Xerath!

Volibear, released November 2011.

Viktor, released December 2011.

Sejauni, January 2012.

Now I don't know if lack of skins sales is due to lack of champion sales/use, but for those of us who DO own and use these champs the lack of skin development is quite depressing. It also, in my own opinion, makes new players not want to go to these champs due to them not being as "shiny" as some of the newer champs. If you are going to leave them in the dust, please say so. Don't just say nothing at all.

Chaosos

02-21-2013

Judge Trundle needs to be ASAP.

Weeks1

02-21-2013

I would love to see skins for these champs. I think skins make champs interesting, and more interest in Karma and Trundle can't be bad...right?

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

02-22-2013

If I may add some clarity here. Most (not all) of these champs you have mentioned don't get skins because they are getting some VU work done. And It makes sense from a production standpoint to just wait till the new Model and Rig is done and then start making skins for them. For the rest that aren't on the VU schedule, they have skins concepted out they just need to be slotted for marketing or they are tied to an event etc.

Always MIA

02-22-2013

Quote:
Grumpy Monkey:
If I may add some clarity here. Most (not all) of these champs you have mentioned don't get skins because they are getting some VU work done. And It makes sense from a production standpoint to just wait till the new Model and Rig is done and then start making skins for them. For the rest that aren't on the VU schedule, they have skins concepted out they just need to be slotted for marketing or they are tied to an event etc.

I appreciate this BUT as the OP has shown, some of these champions have been out since 2011. Did you guys just release them thinking they are going to need a VU right off the bat?

Shouldn't they have already had a new skin since their initial release by now? I think so.

And if you are waiting for a VU for some (most) of these champions first then I would like a shift of champion priority to be established.

I would rather see champions that needs a VU AND skin be chosen over champions that just needs a VU. (Sorry Sivir, Sion, and WW lovers)

hartar

Recruiter

02-22-2013

Quote:
Always MIA:
I appreciate this BUT as the OP has shown, some of these champions have been out since 2011. Did you guys just release them thinking they are going to need a VU right off the bat?

Shouldn't they have already had a new skin since their initial release by now? I think so.

And if you are waiting for a VU for some (most) of these champions first then I would like a shift of champion priority to be established.

I would rather see champions that needs a VU AND skin be chosen over champions that just needs a VU. (Sorry Sivir, Sion, and WW lovers)

I agree with what you said,but, you dont ned to said sorry for Sivir,Sion and WW lover,because, they also need new skins.

Jixson

Recruiter

02-22-2013

I keep track of last skins. Have for months.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=27783234

Always MIA

02-22-2013

Quote:
hartar:
I agree with what you said,but, you dont ned to said sorry for Sivir,Sion and WW lover,because, they also need new skins.

At least they have skins that were released after their initial launch. There are a few champions that don't even have that.

XVIII The Moon

02-22-2013

Quote:
Grumpy Monkey:

last I checked skarner wasn't getting a UV, and has been fairly popular in pro play since season 2.

Y NO SCORPION LOVE?

Ava lre

02-22-2013

Evelynn hasn't had a skin since October 5th 2010. She has 3 and 2 are recolorations and only 2 of her skins are available
Riot pls