Riot; A long time AP Trynd player; These changes are perfect

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

[EDIT] I found the thread I posted when Trynd got his remake in 2011, I called this exact thing happening at the end of the post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post
Now you've gone and killed it; you've made "I can't teamfight for ****" Hybrid CDR Trynd the best/only way to play him.

I'm sorely disappointed and saddened.

Thanks, but no thanks
[/EDIT]

I've played AP Trynd since before season 1, as some of you may remember. I've been trying to put AP Trynd on the map for a long time now. For those that think I'm just a hipster AP Trynd:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=938025

These nerfs to AP Trynd mean that you can finally fix the problems with his kit, right?
Tryndamere's Q cooldown is so long that you can't heal-ult-heal. If you heal before you ult then, unless you have max CDR, chances are you are going to be running around with 1hp. I've brought this up multiple times.

Trynd's passive is counter intuitive. You should swap it back with his Q again, so that the lower hp he is the more fury he generates.

Trynd's spin has terrible base damage, his whole kit is countered by armor, yet he can't pull anything crazy off like Riven can. It should deal magic damage and the AD ratio should be reduced in favour of a higher base damage.

If you're going to nerf his obnoxious healing, but don't want to destroy an absolutely fun build then fix the flaws in his kit. I feel like a broken record repeating all this so often, but it's the best way to get it seen and considered.

If you want a more indepth analysis of Trynd, then follow this link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2858712

Don't feel like these nerfs are the end of AP Trynd, find the silver lining. Nerfing his healing opens a world of possibilities in terms of fixing his kit. If you think this AP Trynd is fun, then you should have experienced the prenerf AP Trynd.

Aircroth

02-21-2013

I'm glad he's getting nerfed.

Dayblazer

02-21-2013

Unfortunatly Norak it seems they will probably be more then happy to just destroy it by tieing it into his current rage system.

chuckdeez59

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

riot isn't in the business of fixing things fast. Take a look at eve. They're in the business of destroying a champion and forgetting about them until years later and eve became such a toxic troll pick that they had to fix her.

She was causing more problems by people trolling with her than she was people crying she was op.

Trynd will become the new troll pick and people will cry when they see a trynd running revive/clarity and then riot will fix him in a year.

Rysan Marquise

02-21-2013

I agree, it would great if they reworked him into some of his former functionality (I played him S1 aswell).

Unfortunately, without sufficiently community uproar I expect them to leave him to die on the side of the roam.

I'll just be here finding some more kindling...

Norak

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayblazer View Post
Unfortunatly Norak it seems they will probably be more then happy to just destroy it by tieing it into his current rage system.

Arizel

02-21-2013

I agree with you. Back in season 2, I used to play AP trynd more than a few times, I always felt that healing for more than 600 health every time I use the ability felt wayyyyyy too cheesey, even at only half the rage.

koticgood

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post
I've played AP Trynd since before season 1, as some of you may remember. I've been trying to put AP Trynd on the map for a long time now. For those that think I'm just a hipster AP Trynd:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=938025

These nerfs to AP Trynd mean that you can finally fix the problems with his kit, right?
Tryndamere's Q cooldown is so long that you can't heal-ult-heal. If you heal before you ult then, unless you have max CDR, chances are you are going to be running around with 1hp. I've brought this up multiple times.

Trynd's passive is counter intuitive. You should swap it back with his Q again, so that the lower hp he is the more fury he generates.

Trynd's spin has terrible base damage, his whole kit is countered by armor, yet he can't pull anything crazy off like Riven can. It should deal magic damage and the AD ratio should be reduced in favour of a higher base damage.

If you're going to nerf his obnoxious healing, but don't want to destroy an absolutely fun build then fix the flaws in his kit. I feel like a broken record repeating all this so often, but it's the best way to get it seen and considered.

If you want a more indepth analysis of Trynd, then follow this link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2858712

Don't feel like these nerfs are the end of AP Trynd, find the silver lining. Nerfing his healing opens a world of possibilities in terms of fixing his kit. If you think this AP Trynd is fun, then you should have experienced the prenerf AP Trynd.
I truly hope that in the back of your mind you know Riot won't take any of your excellent advice. They saw something getting FotM that they didn't like, and they nerfed it to the ground. Like the majority of their Live Team's "balance" changes. They won't touch Trynd again until the Trynd rework, now that AP Trynd is as useless as AD trynd.

Galgus

02-21-2013

After the cruel death of my once main AP Alistar, I don't have faith in Riot to preserve alternate builds.

Norak

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizel View Post
I agree with you. Back in season 2, I used to play AP trynd more than a few times, I always felt that healing for more than 600 health every time I use the ability felt wayyyyyy too cheesey, even at only half the rage.
and spinning for 200~ when you built purely AP and forced yourself into melee range with no escapes felt rather lame.

12345 ... 10