AMUMU The Mummy - SUNFIRE STACK

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sathy

12-03-2009

Hello, just wanted to know if amumu gets 3 sunfire cape, does the 40 dmg turns to 120 dmg? or its just the defense will sum up...

Is there another build for AMUMU like a killer tanker?

Kynolin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

All the capes individually do 40 dps. So you will see a ton of 40s flying through the air.

Short Answer: Yes.

Jazzminkey

12-03-2009

Stacking sunfire leaves you open to magic damage. I'd recommend 2 max.

Sathy

12-03-2009

Thanks Kynolin and Jazzminkey, even though amumu skill dmg was cut down he is still a fun champion to master.

I'll stick to 3 sunfires it gives a good deal of dmg when all champion mates/enemies in one place dueling it out.

MajorChipHazzard

12-03-2009

I'm pretty sure after 2 sunfires, an abyssal scepter will add more damage than a third sunfire. Might be after 3, you'd have to do the math. If so, abyssal also has magic resist on it.

Unless the game is going on for a very long time, your build probably sucks if it has 3 sunfires. Their damage is reduced by magic resistance making them weak vs champions, and 2 is enough for creeping and still gives you a powerful AoE burn when combined with despair.

If I'm not jungling at the start I build:

Start: Sapphire Crystal + 2 health pots
Catalyst the Protector
Boots 1
Heart of Gold
Mercury's Treads
Sunfire Cape
Catalyst -> Banshee's Veil
Sunfire/Guardian Angel

Reason: Catalyst is probably still superior to regeneration items, or at least sufficient to keep Amumu in his lane. Between Catalyst and an early Heart of Gold you're going to be sitting at a lot of health, and have a steady gold income from Catalyst (since you should be trying to give hero kills to your team's carries whenever possible) Also Catalyst will build into Banshee's Veil which is hands down going to be your best item choice after your first sunfire.

If I'm jungling I make philosopher's stone before the catalyst, and I don't make heart of gold. Also your starting items should be cloth armor +5 health potions.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorChipHazzard View Post
I'm pretty sure after 2 sunfires, an abyssal scepter will add more damage than a third sunfire. Might be after 3, you'd have to do the math. If so, abyssal also has magic resist on it.

You are correct sir. It is a better investment to get Abyssal Scepter after 2x Sunfires, because sunfires do magic dmg.

Vordrax

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
You are correct sir. It is a better investment to get Abyssal Scepter after 2x Sunfires, because sunfires do magic dmg.
I believe his murder-tantrum also does magic damage. Amumu's hits are pretty brutal in the late game, all things considered.