Ashe's passive... seriously

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onegarion

05-09-2013

What if you made it increase the more she hits her targets until it crits. I'm not an ashe player, I don't have a problem with her and when i have used it I've not found a problem. I know others have similar that stack up the more you attack, but one thing that doesn't make sense is the "reality" of it. Are you more likely to get a good shot with your first shot that you have taken the time to aim and line up or the 10th after you've fired on instinct? I think everyone can agree that your first one will be more likely to land a good shot.

Yes i know this game doesn't follow reality, but it would break logic and make her somehow inhuman.

Z0nne

05-09-2013

Everyone saying Ashe's balanced without the passive are forgetting her E is also one of the worst abilities in the game, only Shyvana and Skarner come close

Ferr3t

05-09-2013

Phantom Dancer+Statikk Shiv+Infinity Edge=75% critical chance. Wait one second between auto attacks at level 18, you have basically a critical hit every shot, 255% damage from both the auto attack and the Shiv (an extra 5% from Lethality mastery). Take critical damage marks instead of AD marks and suddenly it's 275%. Crit damage quints, 288%. Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster and Last Whisper combined with Ashe's base damage and masteries gives her 97.6+70+100+40=307x2.55=884.16, per attack, before Statikk shiv whenever it procs. Also add in the fact that you don't need to attack more than once per second and Berserker Greaves become obsolete after you've acquired all this awesome stuff, meaning you can easily sell them and make your sixth item something for survivability, like a GA or a Banshee's Veil, get even more damage with a second Bloodthirster, go for both with a Maw of Malmortius or a Mercurial Scimitar.

Point is, Ashe's passive is automatic crits. Don't knock it.

Magic Spoon Lord

05-09-2013

Victor's passive is pretty "meh".
But I agree with you. I love it when people compare literally every single other similar role champ to the one in discussion to show why " X is much worse than Y, A, and Z". Good job.
This passive likely is one of the reasons that Ashe is fairly subpar.

icyfire93

05-09-2013

Ok so im gonna start with agreeing ashes passive sucks. BUT she still destroys late game like no other champion. If you play passive and just stay behind your minions and one hit close ones and let them push to your turret, you can have such an advantage. She can deal 1000+ per hit with an attack speed at 1.8+. Thats about 2000 damage per second with a slow. You need to play around her passive, ignore it and just farm up and stay out of the middle of fights. Stay on the outskirts of the battle and single out one person at a time (closest person to you) and keep hitting them from a distance. Its about knowing how to play her right, trust me i have been playing her since level 1 and im a level 30

Yhufir

05-09-2013

I don't remember who posted the question, but it went something like this: "Would you rather have a weak passive and strong abilities or a mediocre passive and mediocre abilities?"

To that, I would say this:
If buffing her passive meant nerfing ALL of her other abilities, I would keep her passive where it was. If it meant nerfing ONE of her abilities, I would probably go for it. Take 100dmg off her ult (it's already an insane stun from full range + AOE slow), lower her gold per kill or increase the cooldown on hawkshot - or even decrease the range, take 15pts off Volley, increase her MP usage per frost shot. Any ONE of those I would trade for a crit that doesnt reset every attack but builds until crit. Any ONE of those I would trade for a Crit dmg increase % instead of crit chance increase.

Not everyone will agree with me here, I'm well on the side of buffing Ashe in any way. And I agree she is viable in the sense that, all else being equal, she can thrive and be a dominant force during a match - if given the opportunity. However, let me put this argument in a slightly different frame:

Given the exact same everything (items, level, spells, and summoner - that's an absurd hypothetical but a necessary one); Ashe will lose almost every straight up 1v1.
Some item combinations will favor Ashe and something as simple as cleanse instead of ignite may favor another champion. But overall, Ashe's chances of winning a duel with any other ADC are lower than average (I'd estimate by a large margin) because of her low base stats, lack of damaging combinations, lack of escape mech, and lack of steroid.
That being said, as a compliment to a team, she can be extremely powerful - IF _ GIVEN _THE _ OPPORTUNITY. Yolo-queue does not promote good Ashe play because, effectively, everyone is looking out for themself.

So I would like Ashe buffed so that when I play her, in a ranked non-team setting, I have a decent chance of feeding myself. She's often under estimated, which can lead to some easier kills. But anyone fighting against her who knows how strong she CAN be already has an advantage by not BEING her.

Arenvalde

05-09-2013

Make her passive cumulate whether she's in combat or not and reset on a successful crit. And have it increase crit damage by a matching percentage as well. Done and done. In fact, that could make it so that NOT maxing her crit chance is a better strategy than "she's a crit champ so I will max her crit as much as possible."

As for her E, I've said it before. Have the illuminated area (including the tail as it's flying) grant a 5/10/15/20/25% speed boost to allied champs. It gives her an escape mechanic (if a somewhat poor one) that requires skill and thought (the tail fades quickly and will out-pace her, so you don't just fire it at the max distance), and further plays up her "stealth support" role. Turn her into a back-seat commander/support champ who can ALSO dish out the ranged AD. Also make the extra money proc even if she doesn't get the last hit (ie. on minion assists) so that it's useful in a pure support role.

So if she's adc, you level her up as now, but if she's in a support role, her E becomes her first priority. (gank, clairvoyance, allied speed boost, gp5 while not csing).

thesmerf

Lazy0ne

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDynamite View Post
Pretty much one of the most useless passives in the game (someone please show me something worse lol)
Renekton

Heimerdinger

Need I say more?