Ashe's passive... seriously

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yhufir

02-20-2013

I started a poll about this exact same thing, along with a lengthy discussion regarding the actual viability of Ashe in ranked play here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3085145

I strongly suggest anyone with an opinion on this subject take a look at the various arguments and counter arguments being made in that thread, as it's pretty enlightening and filled with statistics and relatively good analogies.

My personal opinion is that Ashe is a well balanced champion that isn't as viable in ranked as a lot of people seem to believe. My logic behind this is that, while Ashe has nearly perfect mechanics for an ADC and a fantastic mix of CC/Utility with some of the qualities of a normal ADC, she doesnt provide enough CC/Utility to make up for her useless passive and lack of raw power. In general, I think she's incredibly powerful in the right hands. However, she's easily countered as an ADC which few other ADCs can attest to being as well. I dont mean partially countered with an ability, like Sivir vs Caitlyn, I mean simple playing and item building a normal ADC can counter Ashe because of her inability to scale as hard. Add to that a VERY squishy target which, anyone in their right mind can tell you, is so diveable during a teamfight it requires the majority of the team's CC to keep her alive if the enemy targets her. This can be said for all ADCs, of course, but her innate squishyness and lack of damage makes her an easy target. And if she's not fed early on she's likely not worth targeting because of her lack of team presence in terms of damage. Maybe because of her CC, but once she's ulted she can be largely ignored until the higher priority targets (everyone) have been dealt with.

That being said, if Ashe does get feed and peel, she can be beastly. People tend to underestimate what a fed Ashe can do, especially if the enemy ADC was shut down in the process. However, given enough time, most - if not all - ADCs can catch up with her damage easily and simply burst her down first in a fight if her Q becomes too much of a problem.

All in all, I still love her and consider her to be among the best balanced and well designed. But she's outdated as hell. The only change they've made to her in the past year was to slow down her ult missile speed. Her passive seriously needs attention.

mercurion

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
I'd rather keep the free Clairvoyance, bonus gold farm, massive utility and damage on her ulti, AND her Q and W right where they all are.
maybe, MAYBE, not her skills...
maybe mana, auto-attack damage, HP, something, just so her passive gets better

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

i kinda agree the passive might've been alright when the game came out but it seems pretty badly done and should get a rework

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurion View Post
maybe, MAYBE, not her skills...
maybe mana, auto-attack damage, HP, something, just so her passive gets better
Never mind that Riot stated a couple years ago (back when the Twitch and Eve reworks were word of mouth) that reworking Ashe's passive was a low priority (and considering the aforementioned reworks were higher priority and still took more than a year to actually complete...)

MrMan

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofCarthage View Post
Uhhh no offense but I think there might be a reason why she's only 250 RP/ 450 IP
But honestly as a Lvl 13 player I think it's unfair to do that cuz I used to play Ashe a lot now cuz of her passive I play her once every 20 games. GJ Riot nice one...
If you're only level 13, please don't be posting in these forums.

Hakobo

02-21-2013

It needs change.

Snewdy

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesybox View Post
You just dont know how to use it.
Dorans/Long sword with flat AD marks+quints=about 78 ad. Take W. Autocrit for 156+W for 158. 314 damage burst right at the start of laning.
Getting zoned? Thats ok, just let them push to tower, smack em for a crit and then farm on tower.

Is it going to make you do Tons of Damage in fights? No, but you don't take Ashe for damage. You take her for the utility of a slow/AoE slow/global stun
Lol...is this supose to make the passive sound good? because it doesn't at all.

JustMyBassCannon

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snewdy View Post
Lol...is this supose to make the passive sound good? because it doesn't at all.
It's making the most of a weak passive, and it works when done right. You can also simply ignore that her passive is weak and abuse her massive utility and longer-than-average range.

OBHR

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofCarthage View Post
Uhhh no offense but I think there might be a reason why she's only 250 RP/ 450 IP
But honestly as a Lvl 13 player I think it's unfair to do that cuz I used to play Ashe a lot now cuz of her passive I play her once every 20 games. GJ Riot nice one...
I think the reason is probably that she was among the first batch of champion in league of legend history. Old champs = cheap champs.

OBHR

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesybox View Post
You just dont know how to use it.
Dorans/Long sword with flat AD marks+quints=about 78 ad. Take W. Autocrit for 156+W for 158. 314 damage burst right at the start of laning.
Getting zoned? Thats ok, just let them push to tower, smack em for a crit and then farm on tower.

Is it going to make you do Tons of Damage in fights? No, but you don't take Ashe for damage. You take her for the utility of a slow/AoE slow/global stun
Humm if I were to pick someone for slow/AoE slow, I would pick something like Naut or Sej instead lol. Ashe dies in like 2 seconds, so how much slow/AoE slow can you really do?

123456 ... 8