[mini-guide] Crit Mundo the Nuker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinetix

12-03-2009

I've tried this build out for a while, both in normal games and practice just for fun. It's can be pretty ridiculous if played correctly. Initially it was something I started doing as a joke but as I saw the viability in building Mundo this way I started to play around with it a bit more. It's pretty unique.

As far as runes go, I have an entire book dedicated to crit... at level 23 I'm at 12% crit from runes alone.

Skill wise, I always go for 'Q' first and then 'E', I max out both as soon as possible (getting ult when possible) and then start with 'W' at level 13.

My itemization is pretty random, I tend to go with what feels right but as a base, I usually start building an avarice blade and two health pots. Usually by level 6 I have 2-3 avarice blades (this might sound like a joke lol but it works), but it really depends on how early I draw first blood. If you'll notice from the video, I tend to skip boots for the most part due to the fact that I tend to be pretty good with cleavers and I usually pick up exhaust.

An average game's items would look like such:
Brawlers Gloves and two health pots
2-3 avarice blades ( I usually don't go back until level 6ish, at this point I have 2-3 kills laning with a partner and 1-2 soloing)
BF Sword -> Infinity Edge (crit damage helps IMMENSELY)

You can usually start selling off avarice blades mid to late game and replacing with bigger crit items like Phantom Dancer or the Impaler, if you find that you're getting focus fired you can always pick up Warmogs, Frozen Mallet or any other +health item you feel will be right for the situation, otherwise I continue to get items high in +dmg.

I tend to play VERY aggressively as Mundo, which usually helps me out (or screws me over if I'm countered properly :P).

I know this guide may be a tad vague and short as I wrote it up at 4am whilst slightly intoxicated but if you have any questions/concerns/feedback feel free to reply or add me in game.

This is a fairly short video showing how viable he is as a nuker, the quality is **** due to the fact that fraps tends to generate 2 minute clips bigger than 4 gigs in size so I wasn't really up to waiting for something to reduce it in size and went the easy route.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoHLxI80VF4

Let me know what you guys think.

Kynolin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

Interesting. I'm not sure how often this would work well, but I might try it once just for kicks.

Kinetix

12-03-2009

Typically I won't go into game blindly with the mindset that I'll go as crit Mundo, it depends on the opposing team. It doesn't work ALL the time as this spec tends to turn Mundo into a paper nuker.

dripskydrip

12-03-2009

I would miss the boots me thinks, but it does look interesting. And I LOVE the video. Entertaining at least, all the crits are looking awesome.

ahkzee

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetix View Post
I've tried this build out for a while, both in normal games and practice just for fun. It's can be pretty ridiculous if played correctly. Initially it was something I started doing as a joke but as I saw the viability in building Mundo this way I started to play around with it a bit more. It's pretty unique.

As far as runes go, I have an entire book dedicated to crit... at level 23 I'm at 12% crit from runes alone.

Skill wise, I always go for 'Q' first and then 'E', I max out both as soon as possible (getting ult when possible) and then start with 'W' at level 13.

My itemization is pretty random, I tend to go with what feels right but as a base, I usually start building an avarice blade and two health pots. Usually by level 6 I have 2-3 avarice blades (this might sound like a joke lol but it works), but it really depends on how early I draw first blood. If you'll notice from the video, I tend to skip boots for the most part due to the fact that I tend to be pretty good with cleavers and I usually pick up exhaust.

An average game's items would look like such:
Brawlers Gloves and two health pots
2-3 avarice blades ( I usually don't go back until level 6ish, at this point I have 2-3 kills laning with a partner and 1-2 soloing)
BF Sword -> Infinity Edge (crit damage helps IMMENSELY)

You can usually start selling off avarice blades mid to late game and replacing with bigger crit items like Phantom Dancer or the Impaler, if you find that you're getting focus fired you can always pick up Warmogs, Frozen Mallet or any other +health item you feel will be right for the situation, otherwise I continue to get items high in +dmg.

I tend to play VERY aggressively as Mundo, which usually helps me out (or screws me over if I'm countered properly :P).

I know this guide may be a tad vague and short as I wrote it up at 4am whilst slightly intoxicated but if you have any questions/concerns/feedback feel free to reply or add me in game.

This is a fairly short video showing how viable he is as a nuker, the quality is **** due to the fact that fraps tends to generate 2 minute clips bigger than 4 gigs in size so I wasn't really up to waiting for something to reduce it in size and went the easy route.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoHLxI80VF4

Let me know what you guys think.
Way to capture my beautiful maneuvering with Rammus, see if I ever stay up all night playing LoL with you buddy.

But yeah I've seen him two-hit people pretty early game with this build before. It was pretty funny to have a first blood early on. I used to lane with him as Ryze too, a prison + overload + a cleaver and the people would just switch lanes on us.

CoVi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

Can We call this , the Zidane Build???

---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjFRKWk6gQ

Kinetix

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoVi View Post
Can We call this , the Zidane Build???

---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjFRKWk6gQ

Ahahahahah... yeah I'm pretty sure that's very appropriate for this build.

F4ll0ut

12-20-2009

Crit Mundo is uberbeast!
I played two or three games of him today, and he hits amazingly hard with maxed Masochism (E). Stack those Crit damage runes, some mastery points, Avarice Blades...oh man is it fun!

Dezzah

12-24-2009

I've been using crit mundo and everytime i've won

But 2 things, what runes do you use crit damage runes or crit chance runes?

also what items do you have in your vid? You do pretty much half their health but i've never done that much damage to any champion.

Kinetix

12-31-2009

Well I have two books, one for crit damage, the other is crit strike, I much prefer crit strike.