Lost 5 games with 0 points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

I got into this new division, and I'm thinking "0 points, so I can't lose anything more than this" so I kinda take it easy and try champs and builds that I usually don't in ranked.

Question. Is my statement true? Can I, in fact, not lose anything more than that?
Can I get demoted if I lose 10 in a row?

Alumenlux

02-20-2013

if you're gold iv you can drop to gold v

but if you're gold v you cannot drop to silver i

Arsenals

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

If you go from say, silver to gold, you can never go back to silver. However, if you lose enough, you can **** up your MMR, making all your wins give you very little LP while your losses make you lose a lot of LP.

a spider

02-20-2013

soo.... I won 2 games a couple weeks ago netting me +66 IP in brnoze V

today i lost 2 games bringing me down to 44 LP, is my mmr high????

Tsugaga

02-20-2013

You can't drop out of a division 5. Your points will stay at 0 but you're wrong about losing nothing. When you win/lose you gain/lose League Points AND MMR(elo). So you aren't losing LP but you just lost MMR for all 5 of your losses. Now that your MMR is a bit below what it should be for your division, your LP will be clamped. While your LP is clamped you will win less and lose more LP than usual. This is to keep you from advancing until your MMR is back up to the required amount for that division.

Tha Dynamite

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenals View Post
If you go from say, silver to gold, you can never go back to silver. However, if you lose enough, you can **** up your MMR, making all your wins give you very little LP while your losses make you lose a lot of LP.
This MMR stuff again.
Hated it in SC2. Hate it if it is here.