Darius Nerf Inbound

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CorsoKO

Member

02-20-2013

Says the kid who has Darius as his most played champion in ranked. lol. You're just mad that your main is getting nerfed. Get over it and adapt like everyone else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SouL1ess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousNex View Post
Absolutely not true at all. Darius can be outplayed by many top champs. His early game is just horrendous, along with his terrible mana pool.
No. Early game is where Darius punishes most melee tops.

Saying Darius has a mana problem is like saying Wukong has a mana problem, and that Wukong do not just EQ you forever until you go back to base.

Sources:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champi...he_monkey_king
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champi..._hand_of_noxus

They both have similar mana values (Wukong marginally higher mana pool), and they are both super effective at punishing the other player for laning, especially because they both have very good base damage (Darius Q deals the highest base damage in the game with the 50% damage bonus, which is really easy to do...). Not many people can straight-out out-trade Darius, especially in prolonged fights.

With that said, I don't really have a problem with Darius ult and I don't think that is what makes him remotely threatening. Dealing with Darius just does not take the premeditated beat-him-one-on-one method. Always ask your jungler to do early ganks on Darius to make sure he is behind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phyz1kal

Junior Member

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
Im assuming you play darius.

So you know that it his relatively easy to get his ult around 700-900

Multiply that by five. That gives us 3500-4500 true damage by pressing R. I know the stacks and everything, but that is a ton of damage potential. Little much.
Well because you assumed, i'll also assume you DONT play Darius. His ult only does that much damage late game and needs some AD (BCleaver + Frozen Mallet at least..) I'll also emphasize your word choice of potential.. and just by pressing R? You know about the stacks and "everything?"

You're talking about a perfect situation as well.. Darius will NEVER be able to apply 5 stacks to 5 people in a late game team fight when his only aoe stack is decimate. It's radius is definitely not large enough to get all 5 in a team fight and then stacks only last 5 seconds which is less than the cooldown on decimate. So then you have to use a combination of auto attacks with decimate while tanking damage to apply 5 stacks to 5 members of their team(during a raging teamfight... wait dont you just press R like you said?) and then proceed to dunk each one in the right order and make sure that it is a lethal blow? That takes MAD skill and if a Darius summoner can pull that off, kudos to him and he deserves a Penta. Also take into consideration the champions that counter his ult.. Kayle, Poppy, Tryndamere, Shen teleport, anyone with a spell shield even a summoner spell heal or champion heal can mess up his ult and break the chain. There is just too much and he DEFINITELY did not need this 12 second cooldown timer. And come on.. If there is a Darius top lane, the opposing jungle should focus on getting his top a kill and a few levels ahead and Darius is screwed. As I said, Darius did not deserve this nerf.. I think this nerf will Kill Darius as he is just useless come lategame... He already was kinda useless late game..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bludude12

Member

02-20-2013

Great another stupid nerf -.- would not consider darius op out of most champions. Also he isn't as viable in higher leagues because people actually know how to deal with him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoisonedPeace

Senior Member

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmerf View Post
Well because you assumed, i'll also assume you DONT play Darius. His ult only does that much damage late game and needs some AD (BCleaver + Frozen Mallet at least..)

You're also talking about a perfect situation.. Darius will NEVER be able to apply 5 stacks to 5 people in a late game team fight when his only aoe stack is decimate. It's radius is definitely not large enough to get all 5 in a team fight and then stacks only last 5 seconds which is less than the damn cooldown on decimate. So then you have to use a combination of auto attacks with decimate while tanking damage to apply 5 stacks to 5 members of their team(during a raging teamfight...) and then proceed to dunk each one in the right order and make sure that it is a lethal blow? That takes MAD skill and if a Darius summoner can pull that off, kudos to him and he deserves a Penta. Also take into consideration the champions that counter his ult.. Kayle, Poppy, Tryndamere, Shen teleport, anyone with a spell shield even a summoner spell heal or champion heal can mess up his ult. There is just too much and he DEFINITELY did not need this 12 second cooldown timer. And come on.. If there is a Darius top lane, the opposing jungle should focus on getting his top a kill and a few levels ahead and Darius is screwed. As I said, Darius did not deserve this nerf.. I think this nerf will Kill Darius
It was a theoretical calculation.....so obviously it was a perfect situation.
POTENTIAL damage would mean the highest possible damage he could put out assuming a reasonable build. 4500 true damage is a little much. Lets say its realistically 1500. That is a huge amount of true damage.

I think the 12 second reset on his ulti is a little long, and I don't think he should have been nerfed at all. I am just saying he has a ridiculous potential damage output.

The nerf won't kill Darius -_- and if it does it just proves that it takes no skill to play him lol. Since all theyre nerfing is that R smashing technique you darius players use.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phyz1kal

Junior Member

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
It was a theoretical calculation.....so obviously it was a perfect situation.
POTENTIAL damage would mean the highest possible damage he could put out assuming a reasonable build. 4500 true damage is a little much. Lets say its realistically 1500. That is a huge amount of true damage.

I think the 12 second reset on his ulti is a little long, and I don't think he should have been nerfed at all. I am just saying he has a ridiculous potential damage output.

The nerf won't kill Darius -_- and if it does it just proves that it takes no skill to play him lol. Since all theyre nerfing is that R smashing technique you darius players use.
You are wrong, he was talking about 4500 potential damage to the ENTIRE team not just one target.. And Darius cant do over 1000 true damage unless he goes straight AD and in that case (bye bye darius gets blown up)

Also AP CHO is the only one who can deal that much true damage (his true damage scales .6 off AP.. now that is OP)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoisonedPeace

Senior Member

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmerf View Post
You are wrong, he was talking about 4500 potential damage to the ENTIRE team not just one target.. And Darius cant do over 1000 true damage unless he goes straight AD and in that case (bye bye darius gets blown up)

Also AP CHO is the only one who can deal that much true damage (his true damage scales .6 off AP.. now that is OP)
I know what he was talking about...I was the one that said it lol.
4500 true damage from just his ulti. Not counting other skills and aa. That is extremely high.

But like I said, realistically you can do around 1500-1700 true damage to a team in less than 5 seconds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XIOppugnoIX

Senior Member

02-20-2013

Mmm basking in all the darius tears mmmm

EDIT: Whats funny is all these kid acting like darius doesnt build tanky half the time.. and we all know how broken HP is right now.. so Darius can build 1 or 2 dmg Items.. boots and then 3 defensive/HP.. and STILL do an absurb amt of dmg in game.. "12 reset is a little long" ok then give me a 12s reset on my 1 min + cd Rs.. and make them do true dmg plox so I can get shut down early game, and still smash ur 1500 hp ADC for 1/3 of thier life end game. I wouldnt complain at all about a whopping 12s reset on any R on any of the champs I prefer to play. Im not a Darius hater by any means, but its irritating to watch the Darius fanbois cry about the crutch of a bad Darius getting shut down in lane, show up to 1 TF get a triple kill by smashing 1 button and be back in the game get SLIGHTLY reduced.. is annoying to say the least.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhSavior

Senior Member

02-20-2013

If I'm not mistaken all the nerf is doing is getting rid of the insta-refresh after a kill. I myself don't think any champ should have an insta-refresh ult, it's pretty funny seeing all of these Darius players losing it over a 12 second cool down.

That's what you get for picking the easy route and buying Darius. The fact that none of you can admit that an instant cooldown on his ult is a little much makes it much more humorous that it is getting changed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrincePapa

Senior Member

02-20-2013

They nerfed Riven because if she killed you, her ult was back up when you came back from base and she could kill you again.

Well timed, Darius's ult completely refreshed, meaning he could combo you again to death as soon as you came back to your lane. See a pattern ?

That nerf makes it possible to come back after being killed, instead of just giving up and hoping your jungler ganks or you lose your lane.