Bursty champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daniel Goodman

02-19-2013

Hey. I'm fairly new to the game and I'm seeking help on my decision of champion. I played Darius once when he was free and I really enjoyed him but right now he's 6.3k IP, and I only have 1.2k.

What other melee "warrior-looking" champs have high burst like him? I'm currently playing Garen but I feel his ulti has a bit high of a CD, maybe I'm just used to free CD ulti Darius hehe.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

The most bursty champions tend to be mages - warrior looking wouldn't really apply to most of them.

Check out Le Blanc, Kassadin, Veigar, and Lux if you're more interested in the burst then the appearance.

TehomCD

02-19-2013

Other tanky champions with executes include Volibear and Lee Sin - Voli in particular is pretty scary if he can get going, and you get to be an armored bear.

Olaf and Cho'gath don't have executes, but their high true damage burst would be fairly comparable to Darius.

Jakrooski

02-19-2013

well assasins are pretty bursty i suggest Talon or Katarina for an assin but Viegar is insane burst not to good early game though...maybe check out Zed.

Daniel Goodman

02-19-2013

How is Jax as a champion? Can he get bursty? I found him to be pretty interesting.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

Jax has some burst, but nothing on par with Veigar's instakill potential. He's certainly worth trying if you like his concept, though.

Troy242621

02-20-2013

I wouldn't call Talon a good example of a burst champion, considering it falls off completely mid to end game.

Featherfox

02-20-2013

Perhaps the better question is:

What part of Darius did you like most?

Did you enjoy grabbing your opponent, spinning around, and shredding him to pieces as you watch him bleeding to his untimely end?

Or did you enjoy watching him leap high into the air, only to land with a champion crushed beneath his metal boots?

Some champions are direct and aggressive, while others are more meticulous and slow. You said bursty, but Fiora can be bursty without being tanky. Garen or Volibear can be meticulous, waiting for your healthbar to reach that "exact" moment where Demacian Justice or a good bear-sized bite will finish you off.

So, what part of Darius did you like best?

- Featherfox

Sukh01

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy242621 View Post
I wouldn't call Talon a good example of a burst champion, considering it falls off completely mid to end game.
Yes he is. All of his skills are AD based with good rate. Some Talon players fall mid and late game because their lack of skills, not because of Talon.

Troy242621

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukh01 View Post
Yes he is. All of his skills are AD based with good rate. Some Talon players fall mid and late game because their lack of skills, not because of Talon.
Talon always falls off end game, you can't blame skill level and move on. It isn't, "Some," Talons that fall off because they are bad. It is in his nature and that is what he does. Yes, he is a burst. I meant he isn't the best burst champ for anyone not familiar with the game because he relies on punishing the enemy early game or he has a less than stellar mid and late game. Not all AD champions fall off like this either. I never said Talon wasn't AD as he obviously is, I said he wasn't a good first burst champion.