Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replay Bugs Thread (2-19-2013)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vinh C H E

03-21-2013

Quote:
RybackStun93:
I'm having the same problem, but currently it is only on Replays that involved Zac. I have a Xin Zhao vs Master Yi replay that works fine and a Caitlyn vs MF replay that works as well.

Any idea what is going on?

It is hard for me to find a game which don't have zac. But i will try to find a match.

RybackStun93

03-22-2013

Look I understand that LCS is important and there probably isn't many people working on the PBE end of things, but is there really NO ONE who can address this problem?

To reiterate, replays with Zac in them are being declared private and unviewable except to those in that game, however those players who were actually in the game and are trying to view the replay from their own match history can not do so, because the replays were declared private.

This "restriction" has been seen on normal blind pick, normal draft pick, open private, and passworded private games.

The exact message is as follows:

Cannot watch this Replay
This was a private game. Only game participants and spectators have access to the replay. Games are set to private by turning off spectators or setting spectators to lobby only.

This seems to only be the case with replays that have Zac in them, as I have tested two replays without Zac in them and they work just fine.

Any information as to what the problem is, how to fix it, or when to expect an update would be awesome.

Komeiji Koishi

03-22-2013

Quote:
RybackStun93:
Look I understand that LCS is important and there probably isn't many people working on the PBE end of things, but is there really NO ONE who can address this problem?

To reiterate, replays with Zac in them are being declared private and unviewable except to those in that game, however those players who were actually in the game and are trying to view the replay from their own match history can not do so, because the replays were declared private.

This "restriction" has been seen on normal blind pick, normal draft pick, open private, and passworded private games.

The exact message is as follows:

Cannot watch this Replay
This was a private game. Only game participants and spectators have access to the replay. Games are set to private by turning off spectators or setting spectators to lobby only.

This seems to only be the case with replays that have Zac in them, as I have tested two replays without Zac in them and they work just fine.

Any information as to what the problem is, how to fix it, or when to expect an update would be awesome.

This has happened in my match history games regardless of whether Zac or Karma is in them. It's not solely restricted to the new champs considering the replays from even before they were introduced are now set to 'private'.

FrySeven

Huntsman

03-22-2013

As we all know, the replay function has not been working. It has been saying that the game was private, even if it was your own game. Well, I clicked on a replay of a game I had just played and lo and behold, it loaded up... and promptly crashed. So I was not able to watch the replay, or download it as a .rofl. So... at least the function to watch them is working, just not the viewer for me. I've tried this 6 times and each time it loads the crashes. Hope this gets fixed soon since watching replays to repro is a great way to test.

Asked people in Public Chat to see if they could load and play their replays.

Treue said

Quote:
got a message saying the replay version didn't match the client version but it still loaded

He also said it played but he did not try to download it.
SuJu loaded, played and downloaded his replay.
Ten Tackle watched his downloaded replay. They both got the same error message as Treue, but it still loaded.

TL;DR: Only I have this problem lol. Everyone else I have talked to have their replays fixed.

MagicalDrop

03-23-2013

I had an interesting bug today. It has to do with the inability to reconnect to a game (even though it was still ongoing to the best of my knowledge), however, I could still watch the replay. At about 20 minutes in, everybody stopped moving, as if hit by lag. The dragon was attacking Olaf, not doing any damage, the champions and minions were stationary aside from that. My Windows had experienced a critical error and was forced to shut down (given a minute of advance warning to tell my team what was happening, which was nice), and when I came back, I was shown a match history with a defeat. I'm not sure if they surrendered, because there was no nexus explosion to indicate that.

TL;DR, Possible Surrender not showing up in a Replay, I got disconnected, was unable to reconnect to a game that I had assumed was still ongoing, but the Replay was available for it.

xobtik555

03-24-2013

now it is showing reply file corrupt

Rex Draconem

03-24-2013

I can not load the replay.

I click the watch button and an error pops up, but before I can view said error it disappears. any ideas?

Edit: only difference between this one and the others i have viewed is that this was a long ass game, I think over an hour.

EDIT to the EDIT: I was playing Zac and I saw someone say that Zac replays sometimes have problems. I will try later but I do not have any trouble viewing my other Zac games..

PBE name: Lord o Foolz

Vekkz

03-25-2013

I'm having troubles with the replay feature. I can't watch my replays on the last 10 matches tab, it starts loading but it stops at ~20% and it acts like it's running the replay (the LeagueOfLegends icon pops up) but a message appears saying the replay is corrupted and it won't stop. After this any replay I try to load fails because I'm supposedly watching a replay. I have to relog. Currently only 1 replay works, which was my first game.

Komeiji Koishi

03-26-2013

A couple bugs related to the names of replays:

In the latest PBE iteration, replay file names are too long to properly show up in the browser; that is, a couple characters/numbers are missing as they roll off the replay title field.

Second, renaming a replay file using Windows Explorer will cause you to be subsequently unable to rename the same file using the client browser.

Lord Baconeta

04-03-2013

I loaded my replay from about a week ago on pbe, and it glitched loading (but still opened) however once in game, it showed the champions buying 6 or 64 of every item (stacked) that they purchased. Not the most major bug at first but then about 2 minutes into that game it crashed and closed :<