I created a schematic to reflect Champion relationships in the lore!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MisDerpina

04-07-2013

haha
taric x ezreal
..."you wish!"

SWGrulz

04-07-2013

what;s the symbol above cho'gath's head? I can't locate what it is referencing.

toapat

04-08-2013

why the removal of the Ashe/Trynd romantic line? because ashe's hidden passive actually confirms that.

Also, no Pink dotted line for Shyvana/jarvan?

Jace/Vi need a speculative line.

Pentakill needs to be worked in somehow, as that is an official band in the lore. (Sona, Karthus, Yorick, Olaf, and Mordekaiser)

As far as organization:

Freljord would probably fit better at the bottom, not top, of the lefthand side of the map.

Shouldnt Poppy be with Demacia, and Janna in Piltover (switching their origin symbols), to keep a standard consistency for the chart? (there are 6 for being with their aligned faction, 4 for being with their native faction)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakitu Onisaku View Post
lol'd at the speculated lesbian romance between Leona and Diana.
Actually, Leona <3 Diana is official, but not in the main timeline (the one where Diana murders the Solari High council), basically, if the high council was more accepting, then the Radiant Dawn and the Scorn of the Moon would have had at least a 1 night stand already.

Engrailed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by toapat View Post
why the removal of the Ashe/Trynd romantic line? because ashe's hidden passive actually confirms that.

Also, no Pink dotted line for Shyvana/jarvan?

Jace/Vi need a speculative line.

Pentakill needs to be worked in somehow, as that is an official band in the lore. (Sona, Karthus, Yorick, Olaf, and Mordekaiser)

As far as organization:

Freljord would probably fit better at the bottom, not top, of the lefthand side of the map.

Shouldnt Poppy be with Demacia, and Janna in Piltover (switching their origin symbols), to keep a standard consistency for the chart? (there are 6 for being with their aligned faction, 4 for being with their native faction)

Actually, Leona <3 Diana is official, but not in the main timeline (the one where Diana murders the Solari High council), basically, if the high council was more accepting, then the Radiant Dawn and the Scorn of the Moon would have had at least a 1 night stand already.
The Ashe/Tryndamere line is gone because I didn't feel it really fit as their marriage is political. Aside from the Ahri thing, there's nothing else to suggest it so I didn't consider the evidence as strong enough to warrant it. So it's gone until further clarification is provided.

Is there anything in the lore or through a Red post about Jarvan and Shyvana? I thought their pairing was just a fan-based thing (as opposed to Zed/Akali and Diana/Leona, which have some amount of evidence from Reds to support it).

Same goes for Jayce/Vi.

I forgot about Pentakill but have promised to put them in, so I still need to do that.

Why do you think Freljord should be moved? I have most of the smaller regions along the bottom, but I'm not opposed to shifting things around to optimize the image.

The chart isn't really strictly about origins. Champions are placed (as best I could) within the region they have the closest relationship with. For champions with secondary affiliations, they get the symbol. That's why Graves isn't in Bilgewater for instance, though he does its symbol above his head.

Engrailed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWGrulz View Post
what;s the symbol above cho'gath's head? I can't locate what it is referencing.
Yeah I need to include that. It means he's currently imprisoned within the Institute of War (a 'W' with bars across it).

toapat

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engrailed View Post
The Ashe/Tryndamere line is gone because I didn't feel it really fit as their marriage is political. Aside from the Ahri thing, there's nothing else to suggest it so I didn't consider the evidence as strong enough to warrant it. So it's gone until further clarification is provided.

Is there anything in the lore or through a Red post about Jarvan and Shyvana? I thought their pairing was just a fan-based thing (as opposed to Zed/Akali and Diana/Leona, which have some amount of evidence from Reds to support it).

Same goes for Jayce/Vi.

I forgot about Pentakill but have promised to put them in, so I still need to do that.

Why do you think Freljord should be moved? I have most of the smaller regions along the bottom, but I'm not opposed to shifting things around to optimize the image.

The chart isn't really strictly about origins. Champions are placed (as best I could) within the region they have the closest relationship with. For champions with secondary affiliations, they get the symbol. That's why Graves isn't in Bilgewater for instance, though he does its symbol above his head.
The choice of the possitioning of Ashe+Trynd in the Wedding/crowning ceremony (Ashe is reaching up to Tryndamere, not having Tryndamere kneel, to be crowned) art suggests more then "Just Politics". So does the rampant "Just Politics" and the hidden passive.

shyvana's Last line in her lore cant really be taken any other way. Quinn has no context (just that Jarvan =/= Expectations), Shyvana litterally wants to have his kids,

her ult having specific dialogue against both Cait (obvious) and Jayce (something behind that)

Freljord needs to be moved because, while a major faction, at least in terms of organizing the chart, its connections are all at the bottom of the chart, not the top, adding unnecessary clutter.

Voodoo Lands and Shurmia Desert should also be adjacent, while moving Lokfar into a line with Shadow Isles and Demacia would allow for you to put the Pentakill box in.

The other problem is you have more of the migratory champions in their current faction then their native faction, Poppy, Janna, and Nasus are, however, with their native faction.

Engrailed

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by toapat View Post
The choice of the possitioning of Ashe+Trynd in the Wedding/crowning ceremony (Ashe is reaching up to Tryndamere, not having Tryndamere kneel, to be crowned) art suggests more then "Just Politics". So does the rampant "Just Politics" and the hidden passive.

shyvana's Last line in her lore cant really be taken any other way. Quinn has no context (just that Jarvan =/= Expectations), Shyvana litterally wants to have his kids,

her ult having specific dialogue against both Cait (obvious) and Jayce (something behind that)

Freljord needs to be moved because, while a major faction, at least in terms of organizing the chart, its connections are all at the bottom of the chart, not the top, adding unnecessary clutter.

Voodoo Lands and Shurmia Desert should also be adjacent, while moving Lokfar into a line with Shadow Isles and Demacia would allow for you to put the Pentakill box in.

The other problem is you have more of the migratory champions in their current faction then their native faction, Poppy, Janna, and Nasus are, however, with their native faction.
I'm not sure I understand the point about positioning during the coronation. I thought Tryndamere was a powerful political leader in his own right before marrying Ashe, just as she was royalty. Couldn't they both be standing out of respect because they're both powerful leaders. Furthermore, that very issue of the JoJ quotes Ashe as saying it isn't about romance. So for now there's no romance between them. But you never know.

Quinn's context is her joke and her comment in her Introductory Journal, but Shyvana's last line seems more about repaying kindness with duty and fealty rather than with love. I think I do have a friendly line between the two of them, which I think is probably appropriate for now.

Vi's comment to Jayce does seem like a taunt and I can think about putting something in between the two of them.

There are two lines coming off of Freljord to the bottom, and one is all the way on the left-hand side of the image (Voli/Zil). I think I will do some rearranging to clean up the mess in the middle that is Noxus/Ionia/Demacia/Zaun and Freljord could be moved to make room, but we'll see. I'd like to keep all the smaller regions together once I start moving things around.

Pentakill won't be it's own box. It'll be symbols above heads. I don't want to duplicate champion images.

Finally, about migratory champions, this chart isn't meant to be about origins. It's more about thematic affiliations and what makes the most sense in terms of affiliation.

toapat

04-08-2013

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand the point about positioning during the coronation. I thought Tryndamere was a powerful political leader in his own right before marrying Ashe, just as she was royalty. Couldn't they both be standing out of respect because they're both powerful leaders. Furthermore, that very issue of the JoJ quotes Ashe as saying it isn't about romance. So for now there's no romance between them. But you never know.

Quinn's context is her joke and her comment in her Introductory Journal, but Shyvana's last line seems more about repaying kindness with duty and fealty rather than with love. I think I do have a friendly line between the two of them, which I think is probably appropriate for now.

Vi's comment to Jayce does seem like a taunt and I can think about putting something in between the two of them.

There are two lines coming off of Freljord to the bottom, and one is all the way on the left-hand side of the image (Voli/Zil). I think I will do some rearranging to clean up the mess in the middle that is Noxus/Ionia/Demacia/Zaun and Freljord could be moved to make room, but we'll see. I'd like to keep all the smaller regions together once I start moving things around.

Pentakill won't be it's own box. It'll be symbols above heads. I don't want to duplicate champion images.

Finally, about migratory champions, this chart isn't meant to be about origins. It's more about thematic affiliations and what makes the most sense in terms of affiliation.
Tryndamere is swearing fealty to Ashe, but Ashe is letting him be equal (even though ashe, politically, controlled 3 tribes to Tryndamere's 1). The fact that it appears to force her to stand on her tippy-toes to even place the crown on his head is cute, not serious.

Also, in an interview, people can lie, expecially if someone like ashe has practice from explaining how her hair is now snow colored instead of blond (Blue tint being an emotional response of love for ashe).

The things you are refferencing give not even a smidge of context to Quinn's thoughts on Jarvan (only that she had different expectations of the prince, and that Valor says something she finds offensive to vocalize). Shyvana's lore states giving him the power of the dragon inside, something that itself doesnt make particular sense in the context of being his personal bodyguard, but makes perfect sense from the perspective of "wants to have his kids". I dont take Kitae's shipping of Quinn/J4 as canon (as she is only shipping when doing so). I do however view the Iron Stylus' comment on Diana x Leona semi-canonical because he specifically states that while likely, it wont now because the girls have something to ruthlessly beat the **** out of eachother over.

Pentakill could be arranged if Demacia, and the Shadow isles sandwiched Lokfar at the top with Quinn and Sona switching places as well as Hecarim and Mordekaiser.

Just a black dotted line for Vi-Jayce, anything more detailed is out of the question simply because it doesnt make sense.

MasqureMan

04-08-2013

Quote:
Version 1.4

Hi Everyone,

I am a big fan of the potential for engaging storytelling in LoL, but I often have a hard time picturing the interwoven lore in the game. I like big visual representations to get that kind of broad overview of something this complex, so I created a schematic to show how champions are affiliated and related to one another in LoL.

I know things like this have been done before, but I didn't see that there was anything currently being updated. I am hoping this is a useful resource for other members of the community who also find the lore engaging. You can also see from the image that there is still a lot of room for interaction amongst champions, although some like Singed are fairly well connected.

Please let me know if you find anything missing, as this is still very much a work in progress (and likely will always be).

Thanks!

Updates:
4/07/2013 - Version 1.4 is up! This incorporates much of the Freljord conflict developments, but is still subject to change based on what we hear in the coming weeks.

4/06/2013 - I am currently updating to v1.4 and will be incorporating all of the recent lore developments in the Freljord. All updated icons are in and Lissandra is present. The Ironspike mountains are also gone as both Trundle and Anivia (the only two inhabitants) have been moved into the Freljord proper. This opens up this area as a blank slate lore-wise, but it's unclear if we'll ever hear it mentioned again. I haven't tried to optimize the schematic to account for the missing space - instead I have just moved Olaf over to accentuate how removed from the world he is (as well as Lokfar).

3/17/2013 - Most feedback now incorporated - the image has been updated but I'm keeping the version # as 1.3. Down to the nitty gritty now in terms of anything not on there. Zac and Quinn added. Please continue to let me know if I've missed anything or if you think something should be added or if you're confused by anything. Thanks for all of your feedback and support!

3/16/2013 - Version 1.3 is up! I have yet to incorporate all of the feedback you all have posted here and on reddit. These changes are forthcoming, but I first wanted to release the new version which is (hopefully) color-blind friendly and has an icon system for a cleaner presentation of champions with multiple affiliations. As always, your feedback is welcome! Thanks!

3/9/2013 - Still working on the next version, with a specific focus on three key areas:
1) Creating symbols for each region in order to have a simple visual reference for champion's with more than one regional affiliation (simple, unique symbols for every region have been created - still in the process of adding them/rearranging the layout so everything looks a bit cleaner (see #3)

2) Updating colors to be more color-blind friendly (Colors have been updated - should now be more clear while still retaining usage of color to distinguish relationships).

3) Adding missing connections/re-jiggering the layout to be more 'clean' (this is a big one - the current layout is somewhat haphazard. I wanted to standardize things a bit more before releasing the next version but I think this will end up being an ongoing process in favor of a quicker release).

2/22/2013 - I will be posting a new version tomorrow (2/23/2013) that incorporates some of the feedback received and some additional features as well. Thanks again!

Old Versions:
Version 1.3
Version 1.2
Version 1.1
I saw this on facebook one day via leaguecraft I think. Awesome work!

Yanicmb

04-08-2013

this is aweosme thanks alot for posting this, also what is the relationship between taric and ryze i havent seen or read anywhere that mentions them knowing each other