Zed Ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhSavior

02-19-2013

So I've been playing Zed a lot for the past few weeks and he has become one of my favorite champs. The only thing about him I'm not to fond of is the way his ult works.

Everything about it is cool and fine except for the pop at the end. I've had so many kills taken due to people finishing the person I ulted before my ult actually popped to give the killing blow. I don't mind assists but there have been games where every person I ult was finished off by someone else, and with Zed you need all the kills you can get so he will do reliable damage late game.

Anyone else had this issue? I'm open to suggestions if anyone has found a way around this shortcoming.

Mister Simple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

But that delay needs to be there because before it activates, you do additional damage ... Unless you'd prefer it do damage instantly but I think it's a useful mechanic.

Kinda reminds me of Talon or Swain's E where your damage is amplified for a bit --- pretty useful for continuous damage on champions but I don't think it needs to be reworked. The ability to be untargettable is all you'll need for it

ROKAF JE

02-19-2013

You don't get amplified damage, actually.

Not until your ultimate detonates

McFace

02-19-2013

Try using it when you first jump someone or when they try and run? Seems like the best time to use it.

LogicalTautology

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
You don't get amplified damage, actually.
"After 3 seconds, the mark will detonate, dealing physical damage equal to 100% of Zed's attack damage plus a percentage of all magic and physical damage dealt to the target by Zed and his shadows while the mark was active." (Emphasis mine)
Source: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Zed

TerrorToad

02-19-2013

Had that happen to me before but no big deal as it hasn't happened that much. I can see how it can get annoying if it keeps repeating, though.

ROKAF JE

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
"After 3 seconds, the mark will detonate, dealing physical damage equal to 100% of Zed's attack damage plus a percentage of all magic and physical damage dealt to the target by Zed and his shadows while the mark was active." (Emphasis mine)
Source: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Zed
That's not a damage increase during the time it's ticking, though, which is what I was referring to.. So downvoting for nothing ftw.
If it doesn't break, you get no extra damage.
This is related to the original post, because he is discussing his kills being stolen before the ultimate detonates. If you actually did get amplified damage during the timer (+50% phys/magic) it would be considerably stronger with less reliance on the detonation, and lower chance of killsteals.
My statement is 100% valid.

Trust me, I know Zed, and it doesn't even look like you play him.

no its patrick

02-19-2013

do it in the beggining of the fight

jKon16

02-19-2013

zed's ult's purpose is to assassinate someone and he has decent mobility to do that. try building blade of the ruined king and use its active after you pop ult on a squishy target (apc,adc, not support) that you can single out from the team. use the ult to go in asssassinate and use w to get out. then help clean up and poke w/ q's. unless you are using your ult in the middle or at end of teamfights you should easily secure kills on squishies from 100-0 in the few seconds before your ult pops. noone else on your team should be super ninja assassin like zed so going solo on an adc in the back line is what your focus should be while your team protects your adc. zed's ult isnt for cleanup

Romantic Metro

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jKon16 View Post
zed's ult's purpose is to assassinate someone and he has decent mobility to do that. try building blade of the ruined king and use its active after you pop ult on a squishy target (apc,adc, not support) that you can single out from the team. use the ult to go in asssassinate and use w to get out. then help clean up and poke w/ q's. unless you are using your ult in the middle or at end of teamfights you should easily secure kills on squishies from 100-0 in the few seconds before your ult pops. noone else on your team should be super ninja assassin like zed so going solo on an adc in the back line is what your focus should be while your team protects your adc. zed's ult isnt for cleanup
zeds combo after ult is for clean up and chase