What is ELO hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

permeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

Ok if ELO hell is real and you only get paired with bad players then you?re also put agenised Bad players so if you are in ELO hell it is easy to get out if you are a good player as the other team is filled with bad players.

So easy win.

CWR

oLisKy

Recruiter

08-02-2011

Yes Elo hell exist, I have 1900 account ranked game Elo and this is because when I started playing it I won 6 game without loosig at 1200 elo, then I climbed more and more , On this account When I got to lvl 30 and started to do ranked I lost 3 in a row and dropped to 1080 cause I had a feeders/afk/leavers or just a couple of moron still laning at lvl 18 after 30mins past so now when I loose I still loose about 20-25points and when I win I only get +9, How can I get out of this If it keep queueing me with noob/leavers/afk, I think ppl that leave game should loose something like 50+ elo so they drop so hard that they cant queue with 1100-1200+ ppl so I can enjoy the game instead of raging on it.

Johatm

09-01-2011

Is amazing the amount of people that just rage when looking at forums. I'm a noob myself (25) and never got to play ranked. I seriously think that i won't do good there, but i wanted to know what ELO hell means. Some people just say things like: **** all the noobs, i have 2k ELO, im pro. Those so-considered pros, are actually somewhat responsible for those leavers, noobs, etc. People that have the experience on the game should try to make it more enjoyable for the noobs, not create hell on a game they're trying to enjoy. Also, from all noobs, you can get a very good amount of us that are stupid as well, consider themselves pro and end up feeding all the time without listening to a word of advice. We should just change our manners, so everything would be a little bit more comprehensible again, instead of being outrageous.

Elwasd

09-10-2011

ELO hell most definitely exist.

You can say its all in your head, but the thing is, Even if you have 1 REALLY good player, the idiots on your team who feed the other team can make it that they have such a huge gold lead that is doesn't matter what you do. Unless somehow you get like a pentakill then all the turrets, your moron(s) feeding the other team is like playing 4 v 5, since that one bad one will only be a burden instead of any real help. Frankly. I believe that people who get reported too many times in ranked games should be disallowed from playing them. They can play normals all they want, but not ranked.

I have a 1700+ ELO account that i just dominate with most of the time. This account, has dropped to below 800 b/c of the idiots i get paired up with, despite how well I do.

Warface

09-10-2011

i have no clue of my ELO, but i most definitely sure im in its hell because i have 2W/5L in ranked.
all because i had horrible feeding trolls (like a yi that takes only daggers, or a soraka that takes a flipping phantom dancer) im not a good player nor am i that bad, but most of my losses comes from my ****ty hardware lagging into oblivion (computer from way back in 2001).

since that last loss, i just went F*** it, im not touching ranked until season 2, when (hopefully) ELO's get refreshed to 1200. if not, well FML and im stuck with trolls, phantom-dancer-on-soraka noobs and flamming 8 years old.

Canuckboss

09-11-2011

thing is that the leavers and feeders are on your team and the other team and your odds of having a good team are higher if your truly better because lets say its 50 50 whether player is good or bad then your team should be better if your not a feeder so its all qq to say elo hell exists because youll average out to your true elo

Cabbage Foot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2011

Okay i read every post here, why? i donno i have issues it seems... Anyways. EVERYONE IS MISSING THE BIG PICTURE! You dont win games by carrying your team, that CAN be an option but its risky because guess what? somone else on the other team is trying to do the same team and they might get luckier then you with how bad their opponents are. The way you win is COMMUNICATION.

Yes funny, humans the social animals need communication to succeed. This isn't a single player game you need to take a commanding role when it is available and coordinate ganks and encounters. Tell ragers to shut the fudge up because their emotions are getting in the way of victory as well as making EVERYONE play worse because half their brain is paying attention to their drama. it dosnt matter what your team picks in ELO hell (less the 1200 rating?) because the enemy team will pick fece like champions too, and even if they dont they wonte know how to gear/use it properly.

Leadership will get you out of ELO hell. Skill will push you past it. Good team combos and implicit team work will get you even higher. At 1400 i make sure we have each role covered. 2 AD's 2 AP's 1 tank, there has to be 1 ranged carry and 1 meelee carry. in higher ELO a jungler is a must but not in low.

I play Kayle right now in ranked because i like her right now. Before going into ranked i played the shoozle out of her until i was comfortable. also for low ELO (and for high) dont force a player to use something he dosnt want to, your better off not having a tank or even and AD carry if it comes down to it. I know i played Ashe one time when we needed an AD ranged carry but i sucked out loud with her, i was not used to how she handled and my score eneded up beign something stupid like 2-8-5 at the end of the game when we eventually won but i didnt do much to warent the win.

FYI because of preparation/communication and telling the rager to shut up because he is making everyone play worse ive won 5 games in a row. Also NEVER RAGE. raging hurts your victory more then it hurts your victory to take a soccer ball to the groin in a soccer match. at least when you take a shot to the groin your team members aren't distracted by it only you are.

*disclaimer* I've only played like 21 games on ranked this season but i have well over 1k normal games under my belt. I played ranked in previous seasons long long ago before i quit and came back to this game. I belive back then I was in ELO hell probably, i was probably bad too, but who knows subjective memories and all....

TwistWrist

09-12-2011

Elo Hell as in an elo range of bad players is probably true.

Elo Hell as in an elo range where a good player can get stuck in because of bad players is bull. Because if the player is truly better than the bads, then he can pull himself out of that range.

SargentCannibal

09-13-2011

In games where an individuals Elo rating is determined by the success of the team that they are on and not on theiir individual accomplishments, Elo hell is not just a theoretical happenstance, it is a proven mathematical phenomenon. However, if said individual can choose his team mates, then the likely hood of Elo Hell occurring permanently is less likely. Dual Queueing is a great way to help get your elo up, as you'll be playing with people who's skill level you already know, and you can perhaps synergize your tactics better than if you solo queue and run into a team of huehuehue brazilians or what-have you.

EzraTwitch

09-13-2011

an excuse