Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

TheOddOne's Ranked 3v3 TT Tier list

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOddOne

Recruiter

10-28-2010

Quote:
Groosalugg:
Have you tried Urgot very much? I know he has a lot of problems in 5v5, but I think many of his shortcomings there are lessened and his strengths amplified. With an elixir to start he has a dangerous early game which I find can be at least as strong as the old Pantheon was.

He can check bushes with 2 abilities, one of which gives sight, and has great harassing. His ult I find is a lot more effective than it would be in 5s.

I'm not saying he is god tier, but could fit in with the tier 4 champions at least if he got some recognition.

I honestly haven't seen fatty since maybe 1 week after he came out in either mode, so I wouldn't know how well his poking would work but I figure it wouldn't be much different from Karthus who does more damage but tanks less. But honestly I'd have no idea what he's like until I try him or see him played myself as there are less Urgot players than TT players (active count:4) so that'll be hard to do.

Thorok

10-28-2010

trynd should be tier 3
1. hes hard to kill with his escape
2. he hits like a truck full of tnt (assuming you got the runes to back him.
3. hes open to jungle.
ulti...
4. mocking shout is a great de-buff since most champs on tt are ad.
hes a great tank killers because of crits+lifesteal he is able to out live most tanks beating on them as they will lack the damg to kill him.
5. he lets you 2 tank+carry as he is normaly able to be all the damg your team will need.

TheOddOne

Recruiter

10-28-2010

Quote:
ChiefMasterWhite:
Olaf is a little low imo, simply because he is so **** strong late game...When paired with the right comp he can carry a team very hard late game as compared to some of your higher placed heroes.

Also, you are missing Trynd...who is a very strong threes pick, especially if he gets a solo top. He is able to quickly take buffs, maintain strong regen in lane, and once he hits level 6 he becomes a huge threat for diving and nearly ungankable.

Olaf requires farm, except unlike Morde/Singed, it's significantly harder for him to amass it without being required to be full hp for a fight at lizard or dragon every few minutes. Most of the tier 3/4 champions either murder him when his ult is down (slows crush melee, so nunu/morg would obliterate him when his ult down) but even when it's on, he's likely not killing any of the beefy champions that occupy the higher tiers or is likely unable to catch the ones that aren't beefy.

I haven't seen much Tryn either but he falls in the category of Olaf as he shares the he'll constantly be slowed by a team running disable spam champions like mundo/nunu/annie/xin/morg. For that reason alone, almost all the melee dps are considered low tier because of their ineffectiveness against someone picking faster/blink/slow spam champions.

fuffychan

10-28-2010

needz moar evelynn

No, seriously. Eve is a lot more useful on TT then SR since theres less people to deal with and shes a good 1v1 champ/ganker.

TheOddOne

Recruiter

10-28-2010

Quote:
Thorok:
trynd should be tier 3
1. hes hard to kill with his escape
2. he hits like a truck full of tnt (assuming you got the runes to back him.
3. hes open to jungle.
ulti...
4. mocking shout is a great de-buff since most champs on tt are ad.
hes a great tank killers because of crits+lifesteal he is able to out live most tanks beating on them as they will lack the damg to kill him.
5. he lets you 2 tank+carry as he is normaly able to be all the damg your team will need.

1. Given
2. Only if he either farms very well or manages to be the first one focused and the enemy team lacks what I've said in a previous post (disables/escapes). If you look at most of the champions in tier 3/4, they all have either fast escape moves or slow/disable spam enemy champions thus making him waste time walking to the target when his spin is down.
3. The thing about nunu/mundo/warwick/udyr type jungles is that they're fast and often close to full health. Since the early game of TT tends to be a numbers game of CS (which champions like singed/morde are great at), Tryn will either fall behind or be at a low health for most of his camps opening him up for the gank from the opposing jungler.
4. Most of the champions in the higher tiers actually have significant damage from abilities rather than auto attacking, hence why blind has been a weak disable for months. It'll be unlikely he'll be able to outtank anything if the opposing team runs slows or disables to slow his attack/lifesteal.
5. Doubtful unless he manages to get farm which other champions can do significantly better.

The Green Amoeba

10-28-2010

Do you believe Nasus is absolute fail? His SS is certainly less useful because of the decrease in game time, but very few people can 1v1 him when fighting in his Spirit fire, and he is a filthy tank. He seems to me to be a very good character, though better in 5v5 obviously.

Thorok

10-28-2010

Quote:
TheOddOne:
Olaf requires farm, except unlike Morde/Singed, it's significantly harder for him to amass it without being required to be full hp for a fight at lizard or dragon every few minutes. Most of the tier 3/4 champions either murder him when his ult is down (slows crush melee, so nunu/morg would obliterate him when his ult down) but even when it's on, he's likely not killing any of the beefy champions that occupy the higher tiers or is likely unable to catch the ones that aren't beefy.

I haven't seen much Tryn either but he falls in the category of Olaf as he shares the he'll constantly be slowed by a team running disable spam champions like mundo/nunu/annie/xin/morg. For that reason alone, almost all the melee dps are considered low tier because of their ineffectiveness against someone picking faster/blink/slow spam champions.

melee champs are best on tt because of the tanky nature they have over the ranged conunter part. as for trynd, he has a very strong slow+debuff and a great chase with spin to win. he should not have ( or at least i dont) any problems chasing down people or starting fights. and if you let your oppenets get morg and mundo then your doing something very wrong to begin with. and again he adds power because of what he brings to the team.
you see him coming and have 2 options:
1. fight proly greatest carry in game (assumeing past lvl 6)
2. run and give ground.

if you see him in a team fight you have to kill him or let him kill you while you try to kill his to tank brothers, if you try to cc him, you proly got 1 hard and maybe 2 slows so a sash+cleanse will solve that. if you burn all the exhuast on him then great! he is such a threat you have to do what ever you can to kill him or cc him, opening up the gates for the 2 other guys on his team that you have been ignoreing.

you dont need a great farm with trynd to do well, a great farm just makes up for a lack of skill, you have have to hit for 700+damg on tt because your only trying to kill 3 people not 5

EmptyApartment

10-28-2010

just curious cuz i know your one of the top ranked in 3v3s, do you/any of your teammates or anybody you know for that matter stream 3v3 games? High elo TT as you have pointed is a lot hardet to find then SR.

TheOddOne

Recruiter

10-28-2010

Quote:
EmptyApartment:
just curious cuz i know your one of the top ranked in 3v3s, do you/any of your teammates or anybody you know for that matter stream 3v3 games? High elo TT as you have pointed is a lot hardet to find then SR.

The highest one I know of who streams is Sallah unless I'm mistaken. Me/L0cust/Frozt tend to not stream because our computers would probably lose over 50% fps outside of fights and my net is pretty fail.

Karnivore187

10-28-2010

i think you forgot to take teemo's astronaught skin into consideration when making this