Why arent people allowed to defend their cases?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnfnrf

Senior Member

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddlybearmewmew View Post

4 people in a premade spam the n word all game.. you say "god just shut the **** up kids"... you broke the summoners code you deserve to be banned.
I have never seen a case like that. Show me one, and we can talk about if the person deserves a ban or not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

embalmdk

Senior Member

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddlybearmewmew View Post
Not banned just curious.
They can defend as long as they keep a few rules and perspective in mind:

Retaliation is not a defense,

Adhere to the Summoners code,

Establish evidence they were not a jerk,

Don't be a jerk in the posting,

Don't be argumentative or disrespectful, people have an opinion and discuss these politely

Finally, have a case for discussion, if your matches have constant insults, abuse, or any form of slur the arguement is lost before it is even begun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RevealingLight

Member

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
The explanation? Either they broke the code, or they didn't. No amount of explanation is going to change that.. o.0
The code is very vague dude. My friend Revoult got banned and both he and I have no understanding of why he got banned. Nor have we received any explanation.\


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

embalmdk

Senior Member

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevealingLight View Post
The code is very vague dude. My friend Revoult got banned and both he and I have no understanding of why he got banned. Nor have we received any explanation.\
You posted in the other threads and received a number of responses. What you are implying has no relevance to this thread. If your "friend" was punished for no reason take it up with Riot. Opinions were given by a number of individuals who I respect suggestion same.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

powerbats

Senior Member

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueezeMeGently View Post
Sadly if people could challenge it would be a lot more work. Riot doesn't want to do work. If you had a hundred false complaints lobbed against you, but two legitimate games where you said something back to trolls, you'll be banned. That is how the tribunal works, and it is bull. That could simply be avoided if Riot had one person making sure someone didn't get sent to the tribunal on a bunch of false reports.

They don't do that though. That would require work and effort. It is a hundred times easier to simply automate, and let spam punish do it's thing. What do they care if a sizable percentage of bans are unfair and a joke? By the time an account is banned, they have usually made the majority of the money of that person they are going to make.

Let me repeat that:

By the time you have gotten banned by Riot, they have probably made their money off of you.

^^ That is the reason the tribunal works like it does. Business model. ^^

Read the posts riot makes, the contradictory statements, the copy and paste customer service answers, the wall of apathy towards paying clients who love the game. They are there to make money off you, and do not give a single flying **** about you. There business model is one that promises you a free game from people who care, but honestly they are just as mercenary about making a profit as companies like Blizzard and EA. Even worse really, because they have to convince you to spend money and then hope you get banned or go away.

I used to think it was them cracking down artificially on players and a willingness to hit a certain number of losses. I have come to realize something different.

They are trimming their player base to keep their business model as profitable as possible.

Do I need to repeat that part, or will anyone just give it some thought? How unreasonable is the tribunal in it's current state where you only need to say something mean spirited in ONE game, so long as that game is on the tribunal card when you get false reported there. Very. In fact, it's better to not even talk to your team outside the occasional ping, because you will get reported just playing the game as it is.

So why not fix it? Riot wants people gone. No Riot wants jerks like you gone
Perhaps it's that tinfoil conspiracy hat your wearing along with the psychedelic lemonade your drikning that's the issue.

What makes you so special that you along with a small minority, less than 5% or so of the player base that manages to break the rules and end up in tribunal, then out of that total less than 1-2% ever ends back up in tribunal.

Your paying to purchase rp doesn't give you the right to be an ass in game, no different then going into any private establishment and violating their rules your going to get booted out regardless of how much money you spend if your an ass.

Apparently that account ban must really sting since you know that your the only one to be at fault yet your over inflated ego won't let you admit it so instead you do what's natural for quite a few of you in rl you blame everyone else for your mistakes.

There's this thing called maturity, you know it's what happens when you grow up and stop acting like a spoiled whiny emo brat who throws tempter tantrums when they don't get their own way.

Seems like most of the community has managed to do that why can't you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GetOutOfMyHouse

Member

03-16-2013

I have said this before and I will say it again, people ultimately become banned because of bad players. It has been this way for quite some time now. If you ask a bad player their experience with league, they will tell you the community is horrible and toxic. If you ask a good player who puts their team on their back and reinforces their ability to win you will hear the community is fun and friendly.

Go to work today and decide not to do your job. When your boss yells at you, you gonna report his @$$ to riot as well? Don't think so.

It all adds up to bad players bringing out the very worst they possibly can in their community, bringing everyone else down with them. Resulting in all these plat+ "why was I banned" threads. That I will always support and fight for. It was not their fault to begin with and they should have the power to defend themselves. The power to ban shouldn't be in the hands of feeding garbage noobs who just got out of a game full of mad team mates, who are looking for an outlet for their anger, because they cannot accept the simple fact, that they are bad, and always will be.

The first stage of being bad is denial.

If someone wasted 20 minutes of my life feeding unintentionally, where is my option to report them. Since WHEN have any of you seen action taken on unskilled player reports. How often did you run into this feeder again? Tell me that before you downvote.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AFK in lol ftw

Senior Member

03-16-2013

Quote:
Title: Why arent people allowed to defend their cases?

Not this again!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grouchy as usual

Junior Member

03-18-2013

Because "I innocent, plis unban".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InmoniXian

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Having read though all six pages, I see something missing. Not one single post states anything that would justify breaking the rules where it would make a difference if someone got to say their peace. And in the end, this isn't a courtroom, it's a company stating that having you around is more harmful to the community then keeping you is.

So lets put the challenge out there. What do the supporters of "defending yourself" believe could be said that would make a difference? If you can't even come up with a theorycrafted situation in which defending yourself would matter, then it's just showing how having time to defend yourself is just a waste of everyone's time.