Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why arent people allowed to defend their cases?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LandCat

02-19-2013

I guess it's because there is no % of fault in the case. Each game doesn't have one guilty party, everyone who breaks the summon's code is guilty. There's no "I was provoked" defence or "I wasn't as bad as [X]".

Cuddlybearmewmew

02-19-2013

Quote:
LandCat:
I guess it's because there is no % of fault in the case. Each game doesn't have one guilty party, everyone who breaks the summon's code is guilty. There's no "I was provoked" defence or "I wasn't as bad as [X]".

meh. terrible design if you ask me but whatever I guess.

Xianio

02-19-2013

And it's the reductive arguments made by those getting punished by it that we can't stand about you clowns.

If a 4 person premade spams the N word and you say "god just shut the **** up kids" you'd never get enough of those games to warrant a trip to the Tribunal. Or, if that's the only thing you'd said you wouldn't get punished.

How do I know that? Because I do the Tribunal and I have pardoned cases which show exactly that.

I'm always down for improvements to the system - but your argument is uninformed and frankly quite stupid. How about you learn just the littlest bit about the system itself before trying to explain to everyone who knows it why it's broken.

Getsuei

02-19-2013

Quote:
Cuddlybearmewmew:
lol its the absolutism of the tribunal that i cant stand with you clowns.

4 people in a premade spam the n word all game.. you say "god just shut the **** up kids"... you broke the summoners code you deserve to be banned.

Correction, you vented once and that is allowed in most cases. Show me where that is the only thing that was wrong? I have not seen a case where the only thing in the banning was a single swear word.

As for the OP, retiliation isn't ok. They started it first - Everyone else was saying worse stuff ; those things are not valid arguments. Sure, you can defend yourself, but as with all cases of this nature you should use the least amount of force necessiarly(spell check that.) Muting and reporting cover almost every situation I can think of. Responding in a way that isn't going to start a fight is another.

Cuddlybearmewmew

02-19-2013

Quote:
Xianio:
And it's the reductive arguments made by those getting punished by it that we can't stand about you clowns.

If a 4 person premade spams the N word and you say "god just shut the **** up kids" you'd never get enough of those games to warrant a trip to the Tribunal. Or, if that's the only thing you'd said you wouldn't get punished.

How do I know that? Because I do the Tribunal and I have pardoned cases which show exactly that.

I'm always down for improvements to the system - but your argument is uninformed and frankly quite stupid. How about you learn just the littlest bit about the system itself before trying to explain to everyone who knows it why it's broken.

except thats the problem with the tribunal If you say you have to be bad ALOT to get suspended, your right. But the problem comes in with the "ONE STATEMENT IN ONE GAME IS WARRANTING A BAN".

So you will get 3-4 cases with nothing wrong , from stacked bull **** reports, and then you will have one iffy game at best, that gets you banned. and thats the problem.

if the tribunal actually took into account every body in the game, it wouldnt be a problem.

Getsuei

02-19-2013

Quote:
Cuddlybearmewmew:
except thats the problem with the tribunal If you say you have to be bad ALOT to get suspended, your right. But the problem comes in with the "ONE STATEMENT IN ONE GAME IS WARRANTING A BAN".

So you will get 3-4 cases with nothing wrong , from stacked bull **** reports, and then you will have one iffy game at best, that gets you banned. and thats the problem.

if the tribunal actually took into account every body in the game, it wouldnt be a problem.

Depending on the statement, yes one statement can be a punishment. It all depends on the statement:

1) Shut the **** up and play kids

2) I hope your ****ing die irl

Those said by themselves, can you guess which one would normally get pardoned and which one wouldn't?

Do us a favor, please provide a reform card(just one) that backs up your evidence. I dislike pointless back and forth arguments and I am pretty sure you are the same way.

Xianio

02-19-2013

You mean after getting reported between three and twelve times more than the average player.

BrightNooblar

Recruiter

02-19-2013

Quote:
Cuddlybearmewmew:
lol its the absolutism of the tribunal that i cant stand with you clowns.

4 people in a premade spam the n word all game.. you say "god just shut the **** up kids"... you broke the summoners code you deserve to be banned.

Why not mute them, then report them?

Also i don't tend to see people get punished for one line of text. Typically they are being a jerk throughout the game, and have other games none too pleasant. Plus whatever the threshold is to even get placed in the tribunal.

BillyTheAttorney

02-19-2013

Has your pride been injured by a loss?

Are you banned because your jungler didn't gank?

Do you really mean well and you're just misunderstood?

Contact the law offices of BillyTheAttorney. Let the Tribunal know that you mean business.

BillyThe Attorney will only get RP if you get unbanned. Call now to see if your case qualifies.

(Riot pls. I have a business model and everything)

Cuddlybearmewmew

02-19-2013

Quote:
BrightNooblar:
Why not mute them, then report them?

Also i don't tend to see people get punished for one line of text. Typically they are being a jerk throughout the game, and have other games none too pleasant. Plus whatever the threshold is to even get placed in the tribunal.

because at that point, it doesnt matter what i say. the game is ruined and there no differential between right and wrong from what I do after that point.

if your whole argument is "WELL WHY DIDNT U SAY CUDDLY UNICORN SNUGGLES INSTEAD"? they you have a really really rough life ahead of you.