Why arent people allowed to defend their cases?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cuddlybearmewmew

02-18-2013

Not banned just curious.

20 Sèven

02-18-2013

I too would like to know the answer

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddlybearmewmew View Post
Not banned just curious.
The evidence tends to lead little to no explanation.

Also for the hundred or so "I didn't deserve this ban, here is why" threads I've read, they all deserved it, except that one random euw case, that lyte had already pardoned manually before the thread got made.

Cuddlybearmewmew

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
The evidence tends to lead little to no explanation.

Also for the hundred or so "I didn't deserve this ban, here is why" threads I've read, they all deserved it, except that one random euw case, that lyte had already pardoned manually before the thread got made.
lol its because they arent allowed to have an explanation

Dunkin Demon

02-18-2013

Would be a good idea. Like whenever someone reports you in the lobby, you should be notified so you can read the report and WHAM COUNTER-REPORT!

Shelzin

02-18-2013

Quote:
The explanation? Either they broke the code, or they didn't. No amount of explanation is going to change that.. o.0

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
People tend to post explanations in threads here. It doesn't do much to change peoples opinions on the matter. The issue isn't so much that people don't get a chance to explain/defend, but that the people who get punished tend to erroneously believe things like other peoples misbehavior, or it being normals, or some such, is a valid explanation as to why they don't deserve a punishment.

Ladayen

02-18-2013

Theres not really anything to defend. It's not a matter did they do it.. the chat logs are presented and 100% accurate. It states without bias what was said.

If you've spent any time at all really you'll notice people try to "defend" themselves in a few different ways.

1. Deny Deny Deny. - This is just foolish as again the chat log are 100% accurate.
2. Ok yeah I said that, so what I have freedom of speech. - This is private property. You do not have freedom of speech.
3. I was just stating the truth. - Telling someone they are bad may be true, it might not. Either way the statement is completely useless and only fosters negativity.

These 3 excuses will probably cover 95% of cases. Change the wording a bit, maybe even twist them or stretch them a bit but it's all the same. To spend resources on a system which would serve no one really doesn't make any sense at all.

Lyte has said numerous times that he personally reviews dozens of cases on a weekly basis. He stated once that he had found a total of 3 cases where the ban was undeserved so he overturned it.

Dunkin Demon

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladayen View Post
Theres not really anything to defend. It's not a matter did they do it.. the chat logs are presented and 100% accurate. It states without bias what was said.

If you've spent any time at all really you'll notice people try to "defend" themselves in a few different ways.

1. Deny Deny Deny. - This is just foolish as again the chat log are 100% accurate.
2. Ok yeah I said that, so what I have freedom of speech. - This is private property. You do not have freedom of speech.
3. I was just stating the truth. - Telling someone they are bad may be true, it might not. Either way the statement is completely useless and only fosters negativity.

These 3 excuses will probably cover 95% of cases. Change the wording a bit, maybe even twist them or stretch them a bit but it's all the same. To spend resources on a system which would serve no one really doesn't make any sense at all.

Lyte has said numerous times that he personally reviews dozens of cases on a weekly basis. He stated once that he had found a total of 3 cases where the ban was undeserved so he overturned it.
You have great wisdom.

Cuddlybearmewmew

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladayen View Post

lol its the absolutism of the tribunal that i cant stand with you clowns.

4 people in a premade spam the n word all game.. you say "god just shut the **** up kids"... you broke the summoners code you deserve to be banned.

12345 ... 6