Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why isn't Vayne first picked or banned?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best LeeSinga NA

02-18-2013

this is assuming vayne gets to 1v1 at 60 minutes in

6u3ssWh0

02-18-2013

Easier said than done...

I think people who praise vayne that much should buy her and play her...

her lanning phase its one of the worst

unless your team plays protect the Vayne theres nothing you can do when 2 bruisers jump in front of you, you burn condemn then you burn flash but they can still catch you pretty easy.

if you build damage you implode and explode in teamfights, if you build health and defenses theres nothing you can do against that 2 items bruiser.

overall late game its scary but can still be killed pretty easy and 3 items vayne tickles 2 items bruisers.

ln My Jawwdinz

02-18-2013

Quote:
The Almighty CK:
u real ? LOL this guy must be 500 elo

silver 4.. close

ƒan

02-18-2013

Even Veigar has better base stats than Vayne. She does become very hard to kill late game, but this will only happen if you let it happen.

iMRts

02-18-2013

Quote:
ectb:
Vayne with quick silver sash can kill anyone 1v1, including pesky melees such as Nasus, Jax, Tryndamere, etc. The only way Vayne could die is if she gets nuked by 5000 AP Veigar.

Enemy CC/exhaust -> cleanse with QSS -> another CC? -> summoner cleanse -> enemy closes gap -> knock back into a wall, causing a stun -> ult -> Q -> auto attack -> Q -> auto attack -> Q -> auto attack. There is no way Vayne could lose to ANYONE.

r u bronze ?

KireAB

02-18-2013

Sucks early game and, honestly, sucks late game unless you have "protect the Vayne" team comp and enemy comp doesnt have enough divers. "Protect the Kog" is better than protecting Vayne. Oracles -> CC -> dead is pretty common in teamfights with that range.

penguin

02-18-2013

ppl too busy condemning kills away to get good at her kit/mechanics

good vayne players are really scary.

AngryMuffin

02-18-2013

Quote:
ectb:
Vayne with quick silver sash can kill anyone 1v1, including pesky melees such as Nasus, Jax, Tryndamere, etc. The only way Vayne could die is if she gets nuked by 5000 AP Veigar.

Enemy CC/exhaust -> cleanse with QSS -> another CC? -> summoner cleanse -> enemy closes gap -> knock back into a wall, causing a stun -> ult -> Q -> auto attack -> Q -> auto attack -> Q -> auto attack. There is no way Vayne could lose to ANYONE.

Match ups. What you described is a late game scenario, but, that being said, you actually have to get to late game for said theory to work out. The reason why one champion isn't always picked over every other is because they might lose the lane, giving their team a severe disadvantage and preventing late game from even happening.

Additionally, I've heard from a few people that the bot lane with the highest win ratio right now is MF and Taric, but I have no idea if that's true.

Babydrownerx

02-18-2013

Quote:
Rafikerus:
I'm sorry but i have to ban blitz an shen every game. And if my team says ban malphite i don't take the chance of saying i'll handle him i ban him. Because my team likes to cluster up. Wait what were we talking about?

you dont have to ban blitz anymore unless its low level unranked games... what's the worse that can happen... you get death gripped into an azzwhoopin?

i main with Voli ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

General Stinky

02-18-2013

They have skills too. can vayne 1 v 1 a fizz or vlad or khazix?