Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Solo Q Secrets #008] Kills, Kills, Kills… Using Smart Aggression Secrets

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leeaboo

02-20-2013

Interesting

ryzeonline

02-21-2013

Quote:
Gydeinn:
Your story reminded me of a game that I had a while ago, I was playing Nunu ...
On that note, if your support did exceptionally well, don't forget to thank them, or give them recognition. I can guarantee you or any one else on your team will get more congratulations than they will, even if they did a lot of the work as well.

Gydeinn! Fantastic story, and yes, the parallels are great! I feel you on this one.

And truly, the lack of.. support for supports is kinda of mind blowing.

I generally feel league is meant to be played with 4 FRIENDS, and sometimes I'm surprised solo queue exists lol

Respect to you, and I play a lot of ADC, mostly because I get sick of supporting an "ignorant" ADC who doesnt say a single positive thing about my very experience support play

Shadow Wolf 47

02-21-2013

YOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought you retired.....don't scare me like that! Another amazing read, keep it up man! Doin' great

ryzeonline

02-21-2013

Quote:
Shadow Wolf 47:
YOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought you retired.....don't scare me like that! Another amazing read, keep it up man! Doin' great

Ahhh, Shadow! Classic

Thanks for the love, man, and don't worry -- you can always read my wisdom over at RyzeOnline.com, I've written over 4,000,000 words in my life

(but it's more life-focused, and less LoL-focused )

Thanks so much for swinging by, glad you enjoyed the read!

Magnus Victoria

03-12-2013

hey ryzin, your articles are really interesting and true... You mind if we duo sometime?

Kopesh

03-13-2013

You sir have certainly made my day.I have read all your solo que secrets series with great interest and learned alot of very good things.You obviously came here to help us and you certainly helped me.By the looks of it,you are a good person who really enjoys playing lol and doesn't care if he loses,and thats what I appreciate on a person.All I can say is congratulations!

Could we duo sometime?I added you as friend

ryzeonline

06-30-2013

Quote:
Magnus Victoria:
hey ryzin, your articles are really interesting and true... You mind if we duo sometime?

Magnus Victoria, thanks so much for the support - I'd love to duo, add me in game "ryzeonline" - I'm on almost every night.

ryzeonline

06-30-2013

Quote:
Kopesh:
You sir have certainly made my day.I have read all your solo que secrets series with great interest and learned alot of very good things.You obviously came here to help us and you certainly helped me.By the looks of it,you are a good person who really enjoys playing lol and doesn't care if he loses,and thats what I appreciate on a person.All I can say is congratulations!

Could we duo sometime?I added you as friend

You nailed it, Kopesh, I aim to help and uplift, and I while I don't *care* about wins/losses, I put my focus on winning as much as possible (I have nearly 1000 wins so far, woo!)

I believe we duo'd already

Purpo

06-30-2013

The article had a very negative vibe. My beef:
#1: Car salesman
SMART. SMART. SMART. Plus, the over-dramatized story that was completely one-sided and the constant rhetorical questions.
#2: Ad-hominem
Constantly attacking the Vayne? Totally not negative? Here's the deal:
He was called a hyper-aggressive kill-chaser, a score-watcher who doesn’t make smart decisions, and an immature school-kid with an axe-to-grind and something to prove. Yet at the end, the thing that did it for me was this:
"Hopefully I’d shown him that I was a well-spoken, mature, open-minded support, who’s not stupid enough to get us both killed, instead of just him." Something to prove? Yes, but it's not the Vayne. An axe-to-grind? Yes, if you have to go and totally TRASH someone in a forum/book. Totally uncalled for.

Did he know that I’ve written pages on game strategy?
Writing does not simply equal execution. Anyone can write pages and pages, but it's a different matter to execute it successfully. Anyone can trash talk.

Did he know that I know Nunu inside and out?
Clearly, there was a lack of communication between the adc and the support. Whether or not the adc is at fault can be debated, but the situation could've been avoided COMPLETELY if there had been communication in the lobby and in-game as to your playstyles. Supporting is not about warding and buffing, it's also about communicating (including using pings) because the adc is focusing mainly on csing, harassing, and looking for opportunities to secure kills. I think it's questionable of whether you knew your support inside and out. A support is a more team-oriented player than ANY other role. A support makes or breaks his adc.

Did he know that most of my 750+ normal wins were played with one of 5 platinum players I’m friends with, and that I’d learned support playing along side them?
Did you play 750+ support/adc games? What does HIS ELO have anything to do with your supporting, and what you learned? Supporting is intense, it's a role of its own, and it's no good blaming the adc for anything. You also constantly reference OTHER players in your articles in order to justify that YOU, indeed, have skill. They cannot account for the mistakes YOU make while you play. Solo Q is about playing with complete strangers. Clearly, all that is being advocated is to find friends to play with, which is dandy and fine, but the title could be renamed.

And even more importantly, did he know what SMART AGGRESSION was?
Apparently, there's more to this story than is being told. Was your jungler nearby? Were you and Vayne already 6 while Sona and MF were still 4-5? Differences in items that made the Vayne player know he would win the engagement? Or the fact that he trusted you to use your iceball?

And while I agree with what ZenTroll has to say, it still irks me that you CONSTANTLY REPEAT "the smart way." Does the author lack confidence that he has to constantly reassure himself and the reader of HIS intelligence, or is it to sell a product?

TLDR; OP overreacting to situation, sounds like QQ and a scam to sell the rest of his product. Even though it may have some decent tips, a whole ton of condescending and name-calling, and self-righteousness. If I had to guess, OP's response to Vayne was to point out Vayne's "mistake" in the most offensive, totally not my fault kind of way, prompting Vayne to feel as if he'd "been slapped in the face." It doesn't help OP's case that he's Bronze V.

Also, I'm selling my book on how to raise a baby from womb to tomb, even though I'm only 11. Thanks, check it out on eBay, even though they are just experiments to try on your baby. Here's a GOOD question: Do YOU know how to RAISE a BABY?

DohJeff

07-01-2013

VERY well written and informative post, don't stop spreading the knowledge!