Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Playing ADC in season 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cry1

02-18-2013

Is probably the most dreadful experience in LoL I've ever had. You contribute so little to the game unless you get atrociously fed. You have to stay back so far behind your backline you probably won't even even 1/3rd of your teams damage, and even then you get dived by 2-3 champions that have some effective HP of around 6k-10k+ and have literally nothing you can do against them. There is no champion or combination of champions that can peel this stupid and ridicuously strong champion type that is the season 3 bruiser.

Playing ADC in season 3 feels like nothing more than blindly following an archaic meta. The amount of times I can remember an ADC having as much influence on a game as a bruiser is so small that I don't even see the point of having an ADC anymore.

It's the most painful role to play as, and everyone expects so much from them because of the way they use to be, but they just feel outclassed by virtually everything Riot keeps doing to game balance.

OBITWIZZLE

02-18-2013

:shrug: I've had good experiences so far. positioning is key. That and hoping their team doesn't have 5+ gap closers.

SafeSecks

02-18-2013

forst blood is fun

gsai

02-18-2013

Its practically exactly the same except Corki is bad.

Cry1

02-18-2013

Quote:
OBITWIZZLE:
:shrug: I've had good experiences so far. positioning is key. That and hoping their team doesn't have 5+ gap closers.

Every time I play ADC I end up having to go against something like Urgot, Vi, Nocturne, Akali

zeroempathy

02-18-2013

Sorry buddy but every single game I win its our ADC shredding the team mid-late game. If the enemy has as much health as you are talking about and you cant deal with them, then you and your team are way behind.
And if they really have 10k health wouldnt BOTRK make you a monster to them?

Mike17032

02-18-2013

I agree with the OP, and I have largely stopped playing LoL in S3 because I no longer find my role fun. Why start out weak and squishy just to be average later? Just pick a bruiser or AP and be good the entire game instead.

Cry1

02-18-2013

Quote:
zeroempathy:
Sorry buddy but every single game I win its our ADC shredding the team mid-late game. If the enemy has as much health as you are talking about and you cant deal with them, then you and your team are way behind.
And if they really have 10k health wouldnt BOTRK make you a monster to them?

I almost never see ADCs doing anything other than cleaning up what a bruiser already did. If your ADC was a bruiser instead you'd still have your mates alive, and would actually scale better.

And I said effective 10K health. And even steal BoTRK sucks because it doesn't add to your itemization. If it did AD damage it would be different. Much different.

Pyrrasu

02-18-2013

Quote:
Cry1:
And I said effective 10K health. And even steal BoTRK sucks because it doesn't add to your itemization. If it did AD damage it would be different. Much different.

Quote:

UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks deal 5% of the target's current Health in bonus physical damage (max 120 vs. minions) and heals for half that amount on hit.
UNIQUE Active: Deals 150 (+50% of Attack Damage) physical damage to target champion, heals for the same amount, and steals 30% of the target's Movement Speed for 2 seconds (60 second cooldown).

It does do physical damage, and they're also adding attack speed to it to act as a replacement for PD/Shiv in ADC builds.

zeroempathy

02-18-2013

Interesting opinions, I must be playing a different game