+5 Points for a win?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ex3 Sneaky

02-17-2013

I played a ranked duo queue 5v5 and we won, I had 65 League points, and the game gave me +5 for a win? Why only 5? ..I know have 70 points, I am in Bronze division 1, and this means I need approximately 6 victories in a row to simply get to my promotion series? Please help, is this a glitch? ....5 points..

Joreus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

You're trying for a league promotion, points greatly slow down as you near 100. That and you might be playing in an ELO below your league rank.

Ex3 Sneaky

02-17-2013

Dude come on though this is ridiculous.... Winning 6 games in a row is harder to do than getting the promotion itself, your sure there isn't a malfunction going on?

Joreus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

Well not 100% sure you don't have some sort of extreme case going on, but points per game vary anyways. It's to slow down people who don't actually deserve to change entire leagues, rather than just divisions since your league title always stays with you, but you can lose a division.

Ex3 Sneaky

02-17-2013

I see, still seems a bit overboard to me.. I'm not even sure if I'll ever get this with 5 points per win..

Magnumsmash

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDiAnToRi View Post
I played a ranked duo queue 5v5 and we won, I had 65 League points, and the game gave me +5 for a win? Why only 5? ..I know have 70 points, I am in Bronze division 1, and this means I need approximately 6 victories in a row to simply get to my promotion series? Please help, is this a glitch? ....5 points..
Its not a glitch. Your MMR is catching up to your Bronze, Division I, so it will take a few more games. You must have lost a lot of games in a row and by looking at your past 15 games it seems so. So its not Riots fault, you just have to grind it out and become just that little bit better. Any one can do it, even yourself, so keep it up and dont get down on the game or yourself.