@Riot Why are afks still assigned random champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

I don't care how small a percentage of games have afks in champion select, it is still a problem. People can enter champ select and things can happen. Internet connections can fail, stuff can come up, there are several possible reasons for afk after the accept/decline screen. When one of these reasons comes up and someone goes afk, why are they assigned random champions? I have thought about this for a while, and cannot think of any reason that this can benefit anyone. By being assigned a completely random champion, you can be forced into a champion you have no experience with or one that absolutely does not work with your team comp. Or the people could just be afk the whole game because they were afk in the first place.

This has existed since beta and has always been complained about. The queue accept/decline thing was a start, but this annoying random champion way to deal with afks is still problematic. Why doesn't it force a dodge upon anyone who doesn't choose their champion in time? If not that, what about a second accept/decline thing at the end of champion select right before the loading screen, where declining would cause queue dodge penalty? Even something as silly as at least randoming an afk into one of their most played champions would be better than the frustrating system that currently exists. There are many possible solutions to this, the code is even partially already there, so do we have any hopes of seeing a solution to this? Can we at least hear what you guys think about this?

tl;dr Afks should not be assigned a random champion, they should be forced to queue dodge or a second accept/decline thing should exist at the end of champion select.

Leave a bump if you can

@Morello @IronStylus @Riot Terablo @Phreak @Xelnath @RiotPenguin @Griftrix @Xin it to Win It

EDIT: Also, one other very frustrating thing. Enter game, game bugs and you have to restart client, suddenly a massive patch appears, wait 10-20+ minutes and then finally get back in game. Why are you forced to patch when you're in game? Is there any possible system that could work around this?

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

bump

Best Fizz EU

02-17-2013

bump

Best Fizz EU

02-17-2013

bump

Wrath of Kon

02-17-2013

I really like this post. Instead of random picking make it a forced dodge on them

Abbachibi

02-17-2013

I agree, maybe not with the forced dodge, but there should be another queue at the end of champ select instead of the countdown.

Unban Auspexa

02-17-2013

Why not?

I always random when I'm first pick in ranked

Best Fizz EU

02-18-2013

bump

Best Fizz EU

02-18-2013

bump

Best Fizz EU

02-18-2013

bump