Evelynn Sucks...Or does she?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farital

12-04-2009

I've done quite a bit of reading on the forums where people complain and gripe about how Eve isn't a viable character except in noob raging. As an eve player myself, these posts concern me simply because they ignore the reason why eve can actually be viable, even in higher tiered play.

We've heard a lot of arguments that because she's a stealth character that she is gimped, to this I point to the minimal range of Oracle Elixirs, the fact that you can TELL who has the elixir and the fact that if they have to buy an Elixir or wards, you are making them essentially waste money. Coupled in this argument is the idea that because you're a stealther you must play recklessly, this is extremely far from the truth, in fact, it's my believe that eve is much more of supporting character than a stand alone solo.

With that out of the way, people then point to her extreme squishiness, and how it hampers her greatly in the early game. This is true, eve doesn't farm well at the beginning, because the enemy can almost always harass her better than she can harass them. Some people take hate spike first and smite to try to compensate for this, but it only helps marginally if she is playing a good team. In order to stay viable, eve has to be able to jungle at least a little, BUT her success in middle game is surprisingly not nearly as closely tied to the early game as some would think.

I play at a decently high skill level. I get matched with pre-mades in the upper twenties if not thirty. Though level isn't an accurate depiction of skill, I was 8-1 at the writing of this post, playing with much higher levels at a very low level. Call me a noob all you want, but I firmly believe that these principles apply to higher tiered games.

There have been a number of matches where my team doesn't do well in the early game. We get pushed back occasionally, lose towers sometimes and playing squishy eve usually without smite I end up with few if any kills and 20-50% killing blows compared to the enemy team. This all changes once eve hits 12. With a maxed hate spike, a maxed ravage, a stealth and a spite and malice, eve becomes a middle game engine of destruction even with only +500 mana and +20-60 ability power.

Eve becomes an incredible supporting dpser when she can pop into a 4 vs 5 fray and nuke the weakest target with the help of her teammates, pop spite and malice and proceed to turn the tide.

Due to her determined killer passive, her ability to stealth into different places meaning unseen on the mini-map, her high movement speed (especially with the boots of mobility) she makes for an excellent pusher at this stage. Hate spike decimates waves of enemy creeps, and the moment she hits a tower she can kill it with just one spite and malice over approximately 20 seconds to 40 seconds. Map awareness is vital though to ensure her survival.

Even if the enemy has oracles and can see eve, her stun and nuking ability is worthwhile to turn the tide of 5v5 fights. Sure she can't stand up to 3-2 or 5-1, she ISN'T supposed to. Eve is not supposed to go alone, she only functions with the support of her allies, and with a good team can make some pretty awesome synergy.

Eve needs four basic stats to be a successful champion.
Health
Mana
Ability Power
Movement speed

Once she has movement speed and mana, she can start helping her team in very significant ways by repeated nuking, stunning, lane pushing and some scouting. If she ever gets all four she's quite the formidable opponent.

That's why I think Eve is a viable champion, because she is made to be a supporting dps, not the lone hero that owns everyone in pug games. When the tactics change to more skilled games, so must the tactics change in how you play your champions. Perhaps the next time you want to bash eve because you saw someone who played her awfully or you tried using the tactics you've grown accustom to in lowbie pugs. A good eve in a good game isn't going to go 14/2/x or 25/3/x but rather probably something more in the range of 3-8/2/23

Geofforava

12-04-2009

Hush you, Eve is a terrible champ.

Proletaria

12-05-2009

Just to give you an example of why she is bad. I was in a solo que'd game (yes yes, i know) today where an opponent eve went 19-3-4 and absolutely wrecked us mid-game. However once the late game team battles got rolling she was forced to retreat constantly for fear of being smashed. The fact she was fed didn't mean squat to two beefy tanks, and some carries who had the presnce of mind to get a veil and oracle's. We pulled out a very easy win after stomping her team 4v5 a lot arond the 30min mark. She just couldn't effectively do much but open on one champ for the stun and attempt to finish the job while we immidiately gunned her down (usually took about 3 seconds).

Basically yes, shes a nice solo asassin against soft targets, but the reality is that most games evolve into roaming team battes where shes not useless, but certainly less effective than most since she relies entirely on stealth to keep her frail body safe from the other champs.

Max Pita

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-05-2009

Try trinity force ( +dmg, +life,+ move speed, super buff of atack every 0.5 secs), get atack itens and a bloodthisrter) now u are unstopable.

Willz0r

12-05-2009

God, attack speed and Eve in the same sentence, what is this BS? AP stun+ravage + HS spam is way more effective.

boni

12-05-2009

I often play Eve, and I have to agree with most of the points. My Eve games normally start with us being in a bad situation, but normally we're tearing their team apart mid to lategame. Often the enemies are afraid of you, because they can't see you, when you're with your team, but you have high burstdamage and DPS.
Not only can she push towers down with Malice and Spite, Lich&Bane + enemy creeps also do the job. Just hatkespike and you'll do insane damage to the tower.
Although I haven't played her for the last 20 games or so, she still is one of my favorites.

Krrr8or

12-05-2009

Eve just like Twitch is not really a "bad" hero just a useless one in team fights. Nothing will change that until AoE spam ulti's are not as strong.

Charmicarmicarmicat

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willz0r View Post
God, attack speed and Eve in the same sentence, what is this BS? AP stun+ravage + HS spam is way more effective.
Having tried attack eve a couple of times, i can vouch for it's effectiveness.