@CertainlyT I give up on Zed

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AHeroNamedHawke1

02-17-2013

Edit: Two points
A) I stopped playing Zed and went up 4 divisions of Plat
B) I just watched Zed fail to deal any damage to a 400 HP TF using his entire combo because TF had Seeker's Armguard

Clearly a great champion

He just doesn't cut it.

I've been trying to make him work at Plat for some time now, and I give up.

Zed is supposed to be a glass cannon assassin who can mid or top. Use your shadows to harass and make plays. Take out a key target in a teamfight and escape.

Except you cant.

No matter how fed you get, you cannot carry a game as Zed. sure you might be able to instagib a carry in a teamfight mid/late-mid game, and do some aoe damage, but you will quickly become a ninja punching bag.

His laning is absolutely awful until 4-6. You do 0 damage to anyone that opens Cloth 5 (which everyone can because hur dur Seekers Armguard), your W is on a massive CD.
Your Q is hilariously bad, being narrow, slow and short ranged. You rely on W/E combos to harass because of how unreliable your Q is.

You cant duel bruisers in lane, and your primary harass method is also your escape. And on a 23 second CD. You are forced max W second because A) your Q is terrible and B) The CD and energy return suck until you get levels in it. And you are reliant on it for harass/gapclosing/escaping.

In lane against an AP champ, they will simply start cloth 5, rush Seekers Armguard and Zhonya's, and you will never be able to trade with or duel them. All you do is waveclear and try to roam.

Then we move to teamfights
Most teamfights usually boil down to this

You ult the most fed carry
They get 300 points of shield/heals from someone
You EQ ignite AA and then get stunned
E again and try to W away, usually dying
Most of the time your target survives unless you are massively fed

Carries build warmogs now, and Zed needs AD to be relevant. He suffers from Talon syndrome of being poor in sustained combat (Dont even try to tell me his E is good for sustained combat, you're OOE after 1.5 combos). They will likely also have a Bulwark on their team.

Oh and lets not forget

[CENTER] Zed as a champion is completely countered by QSS, Zhonya's, and Intervention. [/CENTER]

If the enemy team has any of these things, you will be completely useless. The only thing you can do is splitpush. Until they send a bruiser with a decent gapcloser/sticking power and kill you anyway.

Zed has poor CC, his W is on a massive CD, he is ult reliant and is gated by energy more than any other energy champion.

Even with his increased popularity, his winrate is subpar as ever.

There is no reason to pick Zed in any game over Akali, Diana, Katarina, or most AP mids.

blitz4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

Sup Hawke, bout damn time we are finally on the same page on something. Reynfall and I have been arguing basically what you said for weeks.

Personally, I think his actual power level is sufficient. It's simply in his mechanics. His kit design and presentation just don't match his gameplay, and he has a major conflict of playstyle. I can honestly say that I am genuinely bewildered about why Zed is even an energy hero.

AHeroNamedHawke1

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz4 View Post
Sup Hawke, bout damn time we are finally on the same page on something. Reynfall and I have been arguing basically what you said for weeks.

Personally, I think his actual power level is sufficient. It's simply in his mechanics. His kit design and presentation just don't match his gameplay, and he has a major conflict of playstyle.
The potential is there, but he is held back by so many things it isn't even funny

Borigrad

02-17-2013

If it makes you feel better. Riot feels it necessary to nerf his E and make his laughably bad Q only slightly better. Not easier to hit, not faster, not more cost efficient, just do more damage.

Zed's mid game is atrocious as well, he simply can't get tanky enough while doing enough damage to actually do his job. By the time late game rolls around you'll get bursted down so fast by someone like Lux or Anivia, that the ADC just melts you in 3 seconds.

Glorkle

02-17-2013

Personally I think he's good, although I'm not plat so I can't really say much.

Borigrad

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorkle View Post
As far as lolking is concerned, he has a 47 percent win rate. It's not all the information but it's a good basis for where zed sits and makes riots nerfs unjustifiable.

AHeroNamedHawke1

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorkle View Post
He can be good in certain situations, and he is good at farming. But that doesnt matter if an assassin cant assassinate.

Yma Sumac

02-17-2013

It's true

he's actually forced to adapt to meta by going warmogs and becoming another tanky derps that facerolls in teamfights

His W and R is just a fancy Gap closer. and he spams E for tons of damage (tm)

it's kind of sad really

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

Just saying but the new BortK is going to work really well with Zed. The on demand nuke helps his ultimate, and the AS + % current dmg just helps him anet some more dmg during ult.

Personally, I just think that Zed is just wayyyyyyyyy too dependent on his ultimate for damage, without Ulti he cant do anything.

anyways, I've seen him work in korean touneys quite okay, but its still hard to say.

Borigrad

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yma Sumac View Post
It's true

he's actually forced to adapt to meta by going warmogs and becoming another tanky derps that facerolls in teamfights

His W and R is just a fancy Gap closer. and he spams E for tons of damage (tm)

it's kind of sad really
but he E doesn't even do that much damage. It's barely more then an auto attack. With a ridiculous Energy cost and somewhat long cooldown for his main source of damage.

1234511 ... 27