how to fix "pvp.net patcher kernel stopped working"

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freelagg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

If you're of those people who went out to fix the error pvp.net patcher kernel stopped working is because before entering the lol launcher opens up that sign. you should do this.

Well, first you must go to this folder, with the client closed.( C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.193\deploy ).
Then open the file league of legends, and wait 5 minutes, then open league of legends normally and hope for 5-10 minutes or wait for it to open only, so take time but the problem is fixed

Hellbound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

can you please explain it with more detail and clearer, i have this problem aswell and i would like to fix it

bossaru4490

03-23-2013

you right click on your lol launcher and click on open file location and then follow freelaggs directions... it didnt work for me though but it might work for you

bossaru4490

03-23-2013

right click on your lol launcher and then click on open file location then follow freelaggs directions... it didnt work for me but it might work for you so yea.

HarbringerGwyn

04-25-2013

Hello, to my knowledge there are several routes to take.
Firstly, the simplest, is to run as admin. A simple function that most users have knowledge of.

If this does not work i recommend secondly to follow these steps.

Go into your League of Legends folder in C:/Riot Games
Open up the "RADS" folder.
Open up the "Projects" folder.
Open up the "lol_air_client" folder.
Open up the "releases" folder.
Open up the folder that's in there. It changes every patch, but contains the same stuff.
Delete the two files named "S_OK" and "release manifest"
Open up the "deploy" folder.
Delete the "logs", "META-INF", "lol.properties", and "LoLClient.exe"
Restart your Patcher.
It will repatch the recent patch you had just downloaded.
This will usually fix it. If not I suggest trying to do a repair from the patcher's options. It takes from 10-20 minutes.

(courtesy of Tru3che)---this helped me with my issues.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=52018 ---contains much information on how to troubleshoot.

Also, http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

disabling the user account has been known to help.

KnightSorenEh

05-22-2013

It helped! Thx , HarbringerGwyn for the information.
I think once you do these steps though you gotta repatch everything? Or was that just me , either that or it was an unexpected update
Today is 5/22/13 and Aatrox is about to come out if anyone else is having this patch :P
-Soren

MrHairyPickles

08-08-2013

Go to the address below in a command prompt or explorer window:

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.admin.exe

Click it, open it, whatever you got to do to open it.
Here you are launching LoL as an administrator, for me it opened correctly and began updating without problems.

I'm on a Windows 8

BigNoseNate

Recruiter

10-12-2013

^ This solution worked for me

I went to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.admin.exe

I'm also on a Windows 8 computer

hawktro

11-02-2013

Worked for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHairyPickles View Post
Go to the address below in a command prompt or explorer window:

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.admin.exe

Click it, open it, whatever you got to do to open it.
Here you are launching LoL as an administrator, for me it opened correctly and began updating without problems.

I'm on a Windows 8

Carebear

11-10-2013

On my machine the problem is that non of the riot engineers seem to understand what UAC is. They have set up the folders without granting write permissions to "Users". So when you launch the patcher, it cannot update. It gets access violations, and crashes.

the problem is that the Access Control List needs to be set to allow a user to write to those folders.

You can circumvent this by right clicking on the shortcut, and selecting run as administrator.

Its too bad Riot employees turn of UAC and act like everyone else on the planet should have an unsecure computer like they do.

12345 ... 7