Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Login screen performance issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WillfulNemesis

02-17-2013

Whenever I get to the login screen It lags very badly. I don't mean it loads slowly, I mean the animation is slow and has horrible framerate. When I type the letters are slow to show up in username and password.
This has never happened when I use ILOL.
When I am in game I get ~60 fps on max settings without vsync.

I have a mid 2012 retina macbook pro
OSX is version 10.8.2
CPU is i7 3615m
8GB of ram
The GPU is Nvidia GT 650m, which starts being used when I get to the login screen, however in ILOL It only uses the Intel HD 4000 at this point
The only software I have running at this time, experiencing the problem, is the client (at the login screen) and google chrome with 2 tabs open.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

02-19-2013

Hi WillfulNemsis,

Thanks for the report. This was a bug we found during our initial testing and fixed but it may have regressed. I'm working on testing it again now... and tested.

It looks like it's still a little bit slow for me. The animation is fine but I do get a slight lag on the keypresses. From your description it seems very different on your end. Can you check Activity Monitor and see if you are running low on CPU/Memory/Etc? Also can you post your Serial No. so I can get more specific specs on your computer? It's located on the bottom of your Macbook.

I'm glad to hear the game is working for you .