New Leagues is killing League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirBetalot

02-17-2013

I've always enjoyed LoL.

I've been playing since the end of Season 1. I am no PRO player by any means, the highest ELO i was ever at was 1435, but I think I understand team comps, map control, knowing how to play support (strange everybody hates it), etc..

I believe its impossible to earn points in these new leagues.

I was placed silver II. I won a few, lost a few, got to my placement match for Silver 1. Thats when everything has gone down hill....

First Bo3 i get an AFK at start. Second best of three I get a duo queue who didn't 'get what they called' so they go revive and afk at the start of the game.

Now I have fallen into silver 4. Let me sum up my morning experience thus far in the League.

Game 1 - Game is pretty even, though our jungler is a bit agressive. He has died a few times being this way. I am playing mid. Get some nice ganks bot and am 5-1. Top is holding their own. Bot is losing a bit, but its only 15 min into the game or so and the scores and towers are pretty close. Our jungler is now behind, yet is picking fights. Goes 2-6, complains no one will help him when he ganks, and goes afk. 20 minutes into the game. It's still pretty even, especially when your mid Morde is fed, but you can't do much once its 4v5. They realize this and group and win the game even though we somehow were ahead in kills.

Game 2 - A bit frustrated I get into the next queue and during champion select I explain my last game. How we could have easily won except we had our jungler pull a feed and leave. Everyone says 'Yeah what do you expect, its LoL.' I am second pick so I decide I will jungle Cho. My main. Apparently someone called top, and didn't get what they wanted, so the game loads with no ADC. I've seen worse I think to myself. So I power jungle and go 4-0 helping all my lanes get an advantage. Yet, we still have no ADC. Their MF has it pretty easy bottom and yeah, we lose again.

The bigger problem

It appears for every 1 set of good teamates. I am paired with 3 sets of trolls, feeders, afks, ragers, etc. I can't remember the last winning streak I have had. In the silver leagues it appears the trolls outnumber the people who are playing somewhat competitively so the odds of getting a decent set of teammates is very low.

This has made the game not fun at all. I don't even know how you would go about fixing it. I find it impossible to get earn any points. I am curious on how anybody is every graduating to gold.

• I try to play the nice guy and fill roles during champion select - this leads me to supporting an ADC who is new typically.
  • I try to play spots I am best at - calling a spot doesn't matter becasue if your bottom pick someone will take it.
  • I then will just play a spot even if its called, because of consequences from the first two bullets - someone 'called' that spot and now picks same spot anyway and trolls whole game.

The trolls of this game makes me want to go play a game I actually pay for. I'd gladly pay a bit of money to not have to deal with this type of community.

What happened to League of Legends and when did it become League of Trolls?

Zorlog

02-17-2013

well u are lucky if u get 1 good game out of 4. I would say about 90% of the games I play have and afk, intentional player that loses it for u or guys that will just no play a team game. Of course I am in bronze but still.........

SirBetalot

02-17-2013

How does anyone even make it gold if that this is the case? That is what I don't get. I've been pushed back to Silver2 once, then comes the onslaught of players who are just in it to troll.

How/what kind of penalties would fix this problem?

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

@ Title

No, it isn't.

I went Gold from 700 as a support main, my friend went Platinum playing only Jax.

laxjoh

02-17-2013

I think you are having really bad luck right now. I've been on a bit of a losing streak but I NEVER get afk'ers. I've gotten afk'ers/leavers probably twice in the past month. And we won both those games even though they afk'd since the beginning of the game. You can still be the nice guy and delegate roles and LEAD your team. You just have to convey your words carefully because people get butthurt over things like "Can you please ward tribush? I feel like they are about to gank" and you get a reply "f u nub"

SirBetalot

02-17-2013

So when you play only jax. And someone calls that lanes / is ahead of you in picks. You jax anyway? I'm just trying to find a way to get wins stacked up. When I call something and I am lower in pick order, chances are I won't get it. Should I pick it anyway? Then I become the troll?

SirBetalot

02-17-2013

Well, just got done with yet another game. I play support, help my graves get rolling, but our jungle Akali goes 3-9 and my top rengar goes 2-7 after a nice 8 min DC...

I don't get it. Is it just straight my luck with people I get to play with? I can not get good team mates. Period. I guess its its just me and my luck, not the game.

If thats the case, why even play a game based on luck?

Ferily

02-17-2013

I'M in the same case as u. Got plenty of mean guys, thats terrible.

SirBetalot

02-17-2013

Well, to take this one notch further....

In the queue I was just in. I call mid. Everything is going fine. We have the ADC, we have the jungler, we have the Top... Then our 4th pick randoms to Twitch. He says, oh ****, was AFK. I ask him to dodge plz. and he says. Nah we got this...

Not to mention this was a game where I am playing on 0 points and will get put to silver 5 if i dodge. Luckily i was duo queue with a friend, and he dodges for me.

I am convniced this game is a) broken in the new leagues or b) i have the absoulte worst luck of all players.

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBetalot View Post
jungle Akali
I think I found the problem^

Seriously, the complaints need to stop. If you want to complain, tell your parents.

If you really do not have a good time in solo queue, play ranked teams or normals. End of story.