[Discussion] Uldyr Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TomatoBisque

Adjudicator

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligr View Post
Why? Care to finish the argument?

Tiger does the same damage passively, just split into mini attacks, which is great for last hitting creeps. On champs, the passive bonus does not provide a benefit, but nor does it hurt. Only problem might be with on-hit effects of items and such. But that works agains all champions, not just amumu or sion.
Because the damage is split into 3 attacks, that means Amumu's Tantrum is applied 3 times (the -5 damage, maybe the Tantrum CD reduction as well?) and gives Sion's passive (% chance to block X damage) more chances to proc.

BrentClagg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-03-2009

If the on attack items do not trigger off the 2nd and third hits, why would the on attack reductions work?

Almitt

Adjudicator

12-03-2009

i did a succesful test with an attackspeed build,
Build
- Berserkerís Boots
- Emble of Valor
- Zeal
- Zeal
- Malady
- Emblem in to Stark's fervor
- if needed get Dancers from both Zeals

This does require some foresting, but with emblem and turtle that should be no problem.
The skillbuild i have found most effective is main turtle for foresting and also do alot of Bear, but the order is not really important.

When taking on harder creeps in forest use a combo of bear and turtle, this way you will take very little dmg, if any.

you will not get alot of early game kills, but when you have a chance, pop a bear stance and go into a lane for some ganking.

relkin

12-03-2009

Ok just played a practice game and this is what i have figured out for this champ. If you wanna kill Champs go Bear and Phoenix heavy. Bear is so you can catch up and stun and Ph is for serious damage every 3rd hit! Also your going to need either phage or Frozen mallet/trinity early on for max damage with any stance. I used turtle when i was low health because it is basically like good life steal. Tiger i used on turrets and such, turrets can't dodge and dont proc any defensive abilities and the 20% passive attack speed increase is monster when hitting those things. The recommended item list for this character isnt all that bad actually I used.

Berserk boots -> bear will give you enough speed boost end game
Phage -> slow
Sheen -> for ap and a nice passive
Zeal -> you can see where this is headed
Trinity -> best item i think for this champ
Last Whisper -> attack speed will help on this champ and damage is nice
The Brutalizer -> cheap but effective
Guinsoo's Rageblade -> since my main focus was Ph stance more AP is good plus nice damage bonus!
Phantom Dancer -> if you dont have enough cash for this go with another Zeal

Deenoelgone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

After playing a few successful games(with people not bots) with Udyr, these are the items I usually get:

1. Berserker Greaves
2. Sheen, Phage, or Zeal(depending on the team)
3. Upgrade to Trinity Force
4. Madred's Bloodrazer or Frozen Mallet
5. At this point its just a judgment call

As far as skills go, I like to go with Phoenix and Turtle(Phoenix before Turtle) with maybe a point or two into bear to keep up with people. Tiger Stance is almost always the last thing I get, the attack speed bonus is decent but not good enough. The active for Tiger works great End-Game combined with Trinity Force. A lot of people say to use Tiger for killing turrets, but switching between Phoenix and Turtle works just fine.

For the most part, I stay with a lane partner until level 5 or 6 which is when I start jungling. I notice quite a few people talking about mana problems. I only have issues with that early game, at which point getting the golem buff or Sheen solves it.

BudNBurritos

12-03-2009

Udyr blows and needs some reworking. Im usually always in the positive when it comes to kills with him. But I usually always need someone backin me up. And it team fights Im usually just lucky and get in the last hits cuz of bear or tiger stance. Anyways he srsly needs some work done on him hes useless. Better off playing another hero if you feel like contributing to the team.

Rampart

12-03-2009

I can see him being useful. The problem is that he needs items to reach that point. Otherwise, he hits like a pansy. And with the way the game keeps getting shorter, and shorter, and shorter...

Dahras

12-03-2009

Yeah I really don't know why they split tiger's attacks. The good news s that it doesnt really reduce the damage done (unless you fight ammumu or sion) because armor is a percentage reduction but it really seems pointless to me. Sure, it helps with last hitting, and makes his punches really cool, but that could just have been an attack animation.

On that note though, I don't know why everyone hates on tiger so much. Sure, if you're just going to sit there hitting people, bear is better, but if you are taking attack damage anyways (and you're getting sheen/trinity force) his activate is insane! Say you have tiger 5 (2.5x), and a trinity force with 100 (don't know his exact base damage) base damage you do

(Base*5)+(+Damage*2) or (100*5)+(20*2)=540 damage instantly for basically no mana, an attack speed buff, and you can just switch back to bear. Plus, you really don't need that much attack power, you can just go for AP (phoenix focus) or whatever else you want.

I was actually considering a new built that goes for Tiamat, Trinity, Grieves, and Brutalizer. I'd focus equally on Tiger, Phoenix, and Bear, with only a bit of turtle. Use tiamat to basically make Phoenix annihilate creep waves, and in team battles stance dance around, going tiger for the activate every time its up, and then transitioning into either bear for support or phoenix for aoe.

Ace04uries

Recruiter

12-03-2009

Did a few games with this guy. Interesting playstyle all and all. For kicks, I did largely a Phoenix dominate strategy with a couple of Sunfire Capes with Sheen / Trinity Force and Berserker Grieves. Swapped stances as necessary and had Exhaust and Ghost as the summoner abilities. It was rather effective for the most part, though, not certain how much of a fluke it was or not.

If anyone else is willing to look into the Sunfire Capes, I'd be interested in seeing what the results were like. =)

Handbananna

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudNBurritos View Post
Udyr blows and needs some reworking. Im usually always in the positive when it comes to kills with him. But I usually always need someone backin me up. And it team fights Im usually just lucky and get in the last hits cuz of bear or tiger stance. Anyways he srsly needs some work done on him hes useless. Better off playing another hero if you feel like contributing to the team.

Whatever you say champ, but just so you know you're wrong.