Testing the waters of Hitbox streaming.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuri Ono

3 Weeks Ago

So basically because of the whole Twitch nonsense thing I thought I'd go and test some alternative sources for Dominion streamers to explore should they wish. If this winds up being a decent option this will likely be my new stream thread/home; and I'll update it later as such. So feel free to stop in and help me figure out all the pros/cons of this route.

Also be aware that I cannot use Mic at the moment because my headset is fragged. Technically Kero's computer is behaving but there's a strong chance I won't be able to chat during the games themselves if it goes wonky.

Thanks for your time/patience.

-Saku

ValdorianNA

3 Weeks Ago

hitbox looks good on the first view.

Penteano

3 Weeks Ago

Pretty good. Only thing I didn't like is that logging with Facebook is not working it keep asking me to login when I want to follow or chat

Sakuri Ono

3 Weeks Ago

So for anyone curious here's what I think after a session with Hitbox.

-Basically seems to be a smoother version of Twitch.

-From what I've been told popping out a stream is a lot more seamless than Twitch.

-Also apparently the Broadcaster gets a slightly larger font size than everyone else. So you have some form of room control that way in terms of getting the important text through.

-On that note...you can IP Ban people from your stream. Much <3's for this feature. Sure it's not a perfect ban but it helps keep most trolls from simply re-making accounts to spam your channel with.

-The Dashboard is much better. You basically get Partner functionality from Twitch for free. It has tools for Social Media advertising, making sticky notes, polls, and even Giveaway tools. There's even tools to run ads. Why you'd want to as a freebie...dunno. But apparently you can.

-Yes, you can make recordings. No, I am not sure how long these last. I still need to test this feature.

Personally...I think I really will swap over to this one. Even if Twitch suddenly says "Just kidding!" about their new policy I think this site has better tools and aesthetics. Thanks everyone that stopped in today~.

Hypnos8

3 Weeks Ago

what happned to twitch to you guys want to change it?

squirrls

3 Weeks Ago

They deleted a lot of VODs w/o warning ****ing over a lot of Speed Runner's VODs.

They are now scanning VODs for music that isn't independant (getting plenty of false positives) and when they find it they mute your VOD in 30 minute intervals.

They limited the length of VODs ****ing over a lot of Speed Runners.

Koravel

3 Weeks Ago

I am setting up hitbox to work, we shall see.

squirrls

3 Weeks Ago

I have access to my roommates computer for the week and will be trying to stream for once. Maybe I'll try out hitbox since it is all pretty much the same to me.

Sakuri Ono

3 Weeks Ago

Going online. Gonna see how well the recording feature holds up today.

Sakuri Ono

2 Weeks Ago

Well, did get the recording to work finally. Gonna go live again, see if I can get it to save a clip longer than 48 minutes. XP