Evelynn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuzi

02-16-2013

If you haven't bothered to look back, after her remake, Evelynn kept getting buffs. But her last nerf took it too far. The current health just completely messed her up. I'm okay with range and CD, but not the health. It's an ultimate, and to be honest, the slow doesn't really make up for much when it can't kill anyone. Here's a post from after her remake:

Moving along, we had some confirmation that Evelynn buffs are on the way! Here is what Statikk, the game designer behind the recent Eve changes, had to say about the Widowmaker:
"We agree we released Evelynn a bit on the weak side.

What we also believe though is that this new Evelynn still has a large learning curve and things may look worse at the moment to some players than they really are.

We're overall happy with how she is functioning, though she definitely needs some fine tuning. We're confident we can get her into a good place without something as drastic as say re-introducing a stun on the kit.

There are 2 primary buffs we plan on pushing next patch for Eve:

1) Reduce the time she needs to get back into her stealth
We built enough natural counter-play to her stealth that this just seems excessive in disallowing her to play the game she was meant to play.

2) Significantly reduce her ultimate's cooldown
We loaded a ton of her power into this spell, and Eve is very reliant on good use of this spell to succeed in all phases of the game.

Why not just give the damage back?? Please?

Whispy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Because her ult is suppose to start the fights not execute people. The whole reasoning of giving her a shield per person she hits with it. Learn to work with it and not qq?

DarkApotheosis

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerņ View Post
Because her ult is suppose to start the fights not execute people. The whole reasoning of giving her a shield per person she hits with it. Learn to work with it and not qq?
With a super long cool down, you wont be able to use it to start fights..

ErosAoA

02-16-2013

I agree. The damage needs to come back. They should just put her back the way she was.... It would solve everything.

Clowns Suck

02-16-2013

yeah put her back to the easymode stealth superspeed massive damage free ELO machine. That would be lovely -_-

Troy242621

02-17-2013

Don't really see anything underpowered about Evelynn, though there are two things that irk me.

Hate Spike: Why bother having a low cool-down when it swallows mana faster than Britney Spears gets through an all you can eat buffet line? Sure you can still spam it, but it actively punishes you for it. It's not a big deal, just a little inconsistent in its design. One stat encourages spamming it then the next discourages it.

Agony's Embrace: If my understanding is correct, it was designed to be an opening attack (Hence the % of remaining HP damage, the shield and the slow down) and not an execution attack. However, with the long cooldown and pitiful damage output, it is pretty lackluster. This is the bigger of the two issues, but not a deal breaker, at least not to me.

If anything, I just want a cooldown reduction on her ultimate. It seems like whenever I need it, it's always on cooldown. It's also her only CC, so as far as ganking is concerned,...She really needs it. Especially since she is SUPPOSED to use it to initiate combat. Too bad we never can XD.

Mythuniend

02-17-2013

why are you all complaining about the cooldown on her ult? just build Cdr

Troy242621

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythuniend View Post
I wasn't. I was pointing out it completely contradicts what Riot wanted the ultimate to be used for. Since it's always on cooldown, you can't use it as an opener very often. Kind of defeats the purpose, especially since it IS her only CC and her job is to gank.

DarkApotheosis

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythuniend View Post
Cool down reduction on an assassin seems pretty silly. Most of the time those items don't give enough ability power but a lot of mana regen.. There's only one cool down reduction item on her recommended items list..

Troy242621

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkApotheosis View Post
Cool down reduction on an assassin seems pretty silly. Most of the time those items don't give enough ability power but a lot of mana regen.. There's only one cool down reduction item on her recommended items list..
It is, but I don't think buffing Eve is a good idea because she'll get nerfed afterwards, leaving her worse than she is now.