Updates to the League System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

8thful

02-16-2013

Thanks for addressing the issues I have been voicing! How can one not love Riot?

Maglad One Chain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

I won 44LP today, then lost 43LP.
But not from losing games
I lost them from dodging

Teammates
Picks Cassiopeia
Picks Garen
Picks Fiddlesticks with Smite
Picks Sona
I pickDraven

Cassi: "What the **** are you doing, sona, Im support!"
Garen changes his summoner spells to go with smite, and announces hes jungling

*Dodged*

Next game

Im first pick, I take Cho, so the other team cant tell if Im jungle, top or mid.
I announce I am top
Teammates
Picks Garen and announces hes top and I should mid
Picks Kayle and announces shes top
Picks Jayce and announces hes top
Picks Teemo and announces hes top

*Dodged*

Next game

Teammates
Picks Akali and announces shes jungle. We are all "....ooookay" then she says "I wanted to try this. 1st time Akali"
Picks Malphite and announces hes jungle. Akali starts whinning and announces shes trolling so shes going to watch tv and doesnt care if we report her for being afk

*Dodged*

Do I really deserve to lose 98% of all the LP I made today, just to dodge THOSE guys? RIOT PLEASE get rid of that!

Fakage

02-16-2013

i honestly think this fuking leauge system is trash. they need to make a new playlist labeled "if you suck so much fuking dick at this game, play here" there is nothing more frustrating than playing all day just to make it to your promotion games then getting the biggest ******* known to man kind on your team. i consider myself to be an "average" player i am no pro. but some of these kids i get matched with are on another level of retarded. ****s getting old

Mameman

Recruiter

02-16-2013

I am glad for this. I guess it's time to climb.

AfflictedTran

02-16-2013

Hmm glad about the fix with losing 24 lp and winning only 5. Still, I had 0 points and only gained 7 from a win. Then 4 and 5 the next 2 games. what the ****...

yungMARE

02-16-2013

How long does your grace period last after entering a new division or tier?

LadyKitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
You'll no longer see a single loss wipe out all of the LP gains from five or six wins when you're close to 100 LP.
Damn. Just a few days too late. Oh well, I made it to plat last night anyway.

LoLTayo

02-17-2013

I have a change that I and some friend I play with would like to see. We sometimes get annoyed at having to remake the party every time we want to play a game. Can it not be changed to keep the players in a party? If someone wants/needs to leave then they can be dropped from the party and a new player can be added. It would make going from game to game much faster and less annoying for people who are trying to play in groups.

Rathadin

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Hey all,

Earlier today we hotfixed in some updates to the League System. These changes are intended to address some valid complaints about the harshness and frequency of demotions as well as frustrations surrounding the discrepancy between LP gains and losses for many Division I players. We've also included a few bugfixes. Here's the full list:

- Increased the requirements for being demoted so that demotions will happen less frequently
- Increased the length of the demotion immunity grace period that occurs after being placed in a new division
- Players and teams that are demoted will now have 75 LP in the new division rather than 50
- Tweaked LP gains and losses for players and teams in Division I who haven't passed the additional checks to qualify for the next tier
--- LP changes from both wins and losses will now be reduced in this situation, rather than just wins
--- Reductions in LP changes will now kick in earlier and more gradually rather than only starting near 100 LP
- "Loss forgiven" during server issues will now prevent demotions as well as series losses
- Summoner name changes are now properly handled by the league system
- Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause players to gain more LP than expected in Challenger tier

As always, we'll be monitoring the effects of these changes and we'll be making further tweaks over the coming weeks, so feel free to post your thoughts on the current state of the system once you've had a chance to play some games.

Thanks and gl hf!
These are excellent changes... now if you would just allow us to dodge during promotional series...

This will be the 4th time I've gone up for Silver 1 division. My very first game that I am loading into right now, I get AP Ezreal mid and top lane AP Tryndamere...

Surely you can see the need to dodge without penalty... -_-

Blindsorcerer

02-17-2013

I'll give you a new ****ing update. How about not allowing surrender in promotion series matches because people surrendering because its 4-8 and you're down two turrets is ****ing BULL**** and weak as ****. To have to grind 8 more games because people couldn't ****ing play out a not completely one sided match is absolutely enraging, punishing and incredibly demotivating to deal with. I honestly want to uninstall this ****ing game after that happened, it was my 3rd match in the best of three and it needed to be a win. Maybe it wouldn't have been a win anyways but what the **** at least give me the chance to try for it.

tldr; crying kids ****ing suck so stop giving them power with the surrender vote. people need to man up and play out games that aren't pubstomps in their favor.