Updates to the League System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemonFox23

02-20-2013

Nice and thanks for designing the game for us!

Madam Pomfrey

02-20-2013

What I still want to be fixed is the way the matchmaking works for promotion series.

I know it's always based on MMR. But to play vs Siver III to qualify for Bronze I is not fair. And sometimes both can be in a promotion series. So silver wins go to Silver II. Bronze loses remains in Bronze II from the same game.

MMR should not matter in promotion games. All it should matter is Divisions. You play vs players in your own Division and/or against you want to promote to.

"But you can promote 2 divisions in one series". Not if you are in Division II or I and not for the average player. Only players that got placed pretty low compared to their MMR or they lost a lot of games in their placement games.

The average player will be forced to play very important games with very different quality of rewards. Like TTDV plays TSM. If TTDV wins they enter LCS, but if TSM wins the same game they win the WC.

And if you will tell me that the average MMR of the teams is still almost the same I will can also tell you why that it's not fair for him. But that's for another post if anyone brings up that argument.

TheCøøkieMonster

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Hey all,

Earlier today we hotfixed in some updates to the League System. These changes are intended to address some valid complaints about the harshness and frequency of demotions as well as frustrations surrounding the discrepancy between LP gains and losses for many Division I players. We've also included a few bugfixes. Here's the full list:

- Increased the requirements for being demoted so that demotions will happen less frequently
- Increased the length of the demotion immunity grace period that occurs after being placed in a new division
- Players and teams that are demoted will now have 75 LP in the new division rather than 50
- Tweaked LP gains and losses for players and teams in Division I who haven't passed the additional checks to qualify for the next tier
--- LP changes from both wins and losses will now be reduced in this situation, rather than just wins
--- Reductions in LP changes will now kick in earlier and more gradually rather than only starting near 100 LP
- "Loss forgiven" during server issues will now prevent demotions as well as series losses
- Summoner name changes are now properly handled by the league system
- Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause players to gain more LP than expected in Challenger tier

As always, we'll be monitoring the effects of these changes and we'll be making further tweaks over the coming weeks, so feel free to post your thoughts on the current state of the system once you've had a chance to play some games.

Thanks and gl hf!
Can you please now comment on your dodge penalties changes for the community?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3007733

We have been polling and taking opinions on a Pregame Vote Kick Option to counter trolls in pregame.

In season 1 we were punished by dodges through ELO loss, in season 2 there was no elo loss due to Riot saying it was too harsh a punishment and so instead a dodge timer was given at invreasing intervals. Season 3 however you have come with a punishment 10x as harsh as season 1. This gives trolls all of the power and the reason people dodge is due to players trolling other players in pregame lobby, threatening to feed, afk, and other such abuse.

I myself have dropped down to check out the situation and I can vouch that if you drop down to Bronze V and check out behaivor...the entire bronze division is filled with trolling and games being ruined by other players making it near impossible witout extreme luck to climb back out of....a true elo hell without pregame vote kick.

In essence...you are allowing trolls to harass and go unpunished and even when reported if you check my reports through email and the ticket system... you will see screenshots supporting the pregame behaivor in that low ranked area. Yet it is in my opinion that you and your peers at Riot ignore and allow the harassment which is to put it in plain terms illegal and a breech of your own summoners code that you as riot must also uphold.

Please come to : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3007733 and comment as well as ask some of your peers at Riot to take a look at and what we suggest is a in game survey upon login for all community of Riot to vote and comment on.

You can take that time to survey on other things as well...like ARMA ranked

alfrediu190

02-20-2013

wow i just had a game where malphite afk and i lose 19 lp hate it when 4v5s happen nothing u can do about it riot should make a new leaver system

Tenshu

02-20-2013

AND....... the system is still bad. GG Yegg.

Kaoblast

02-20-2013

I've been at 90s LP in Silver 1 and I am gaining 2-3 pts per win, and I just lost 11 for a loss. I don't see how it's possible to get to promotion now. System seems broken to me .

luarigab

02-20-2013

this is so frustratingm, i was rising in bronze div VI 3 wins in a row i had 25 point then i lose 1 gmae to lose thouse 25 point next game another lose and kaboom im back to division V. thats not fair. mainly because the teams set ups sux . anyway I know lot of ppl quiting ranked because is so unfair right now.

Duke Bellorum

02-20-2013

System is still not working as stated... Started out today at Bronze I with 90 LP... win 3 games rewarding me with 3, 2, 2 LP respectively. Lose the next game for -18 LP. If you say that something is being fixed. Please fix it.

Purgation

02-20-2013

Guys, earlier I thought it was better but it is still just way too unstable. Was near the top of B4, lost 4 out of 6 games and I'm demoted to B5. When I get promoted again (and no doubt I will, probably in just a few games) that will be the 9th time!!!!

You need to make the bands wider - - ideally based on real data about how much players tend to fluctuate up and down.

If you really can bounce between bands like this, you might as well just go back to the old system.

When I read about people gaining 2 or 3 LP for 3 games in a row and then losing it all or more in one game, I cringe.

You're matchmaking isn't good enough to fairly apportion such big swings in LP based on the match up.

TheCøøkieMonster

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTenshu View Post
AND....... the system is still bad. GG Yegg.
Yegg is avoiding to comment lately....especially on the vote kick pregame thread....

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3007733