@Riot, can we actually talk about Janna?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

guitarnoob16

02-21-2013

yess riot...i want a reason to use the victorious jana skin !!!...

Asdioh

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
Also I'm not sure you can get away with no boots ALL game. She has the luxury of delaying them and holding onto her T1 boots longer than pretty much everybody else, I agree; however, when team fights come, you will have to use Zephyr one day or another, and without at least T1 boots you're going to become a very slow floating beauty.
But as a gold-starved support, it's so nice to not have to buy boots! It's also nice to move faster than boots of swiftness garen, without buying any.

Aeolian Melodies

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
But as a gold-starved support, it's so nice to not have to buy boots! It's also nice to move faster than boots of swiftness garen, without buying any.
But as support Janna you're going to have to use Zephyr's active one day or another. It's a very powerful slow. If you use it in a chase (when your team is chasing down someone) I guess suddenly becoming super slow isn't such an issue, but if you're using it to slow down someone chasing your team or diving your carry, you're suddenly a very yummy target.

Farstride

02-21-2013

Bump for this, Riot needs to address her

Pistallion

02-21-2013

i agree. as a adc main, i cringe when my support is janna. i feel like i cant win my lane if she is my support. back in the day, it was fine being passive in the very early levels, because after a while a janna lane becomes very strong. now its a joke. shes never picked in the pro scene for a reason.

blitz and leona imo are more designed as supports than anything else, even though they might have been pruposly designed for other reasons. but champions that arent support are even better than her now, and that needs to change

revert the Q knock up nerf and the Ult push back nerf and shes fine. idk about the sheild being broken and the adc still has the AD + thing, it kinda was OP

OvernightSiren

02-21-2013

Looks like according to CertainlyT, the live team considers Janna to be balanced.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/02...-creative.html

We should all just pick her nonstop so they can see her winrate go down statistically.

Kazral

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightSiren View Post
Looks like according to CertainlyT, the live team considers Janna to be balanced.

We should all just pick her nonstop so they can see her winrate go down statistically.
Wait wait wait, is he saying that because AP Janna is a viable mage pick, support Janna needs to be weaker to compensate? Please tell me I'm reading that wrong.

Edit: I was reading it incorrectly. What he wrote about has nothing to do with support Janna, it is merely a discussion of AP solo lane Janna. Here is the main quote. "It's not [Live design's] fault that balanced supportive solo lane mages tend to see less play compared to balanced pure carry solo lane mages.".

KittyKatOp

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightSiren View Post

He was only talking about AP Janna, not a single word was uttered in this thread about support Janna which is what the OP is talking about here.

Anyway, I agree with the OP that Janna's been hit way too hard :/ it's cool that they're looking at her now but I can't help but feel they're doing it wrong, I don't think her mana costs are really the issue.

XSparkleFistX

02-21-2013

bump. WTF RIot. Read this ****, you ass bums.

Vichar

02-21-2013

I'll bump this for you, too. I used to play Janna almost exclusively as support because she was so good. But where she is now, I only pick her as a counter to some kind of AOE zoning problem the other team is posing (countered by Janna's ult and cleanse). Otherwise, she is horribly outclassed by other supports right now.