The cold, harsh truth.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Slime Appears

02-16-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...66486#30666486 - Thread for ARAM Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
As the dude who led up getting the map out from the design side, seeing all this support is awesome. <3

I'll poke around in the office about this again. Making a new queue isn't a trivial task since there are a lot of moving pieces (load testing, player stats, matchmaking rules, etc.), but a thread this size makes arguing for the necessary resources a lot easier.
Also, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...15959#31315959

huehuehuehue

For the record, that ARAM thread was started in July 2012, and has reached 500 pages. Our own ranked dom petition started back in January http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...light=petition has a mere 82. Also note 5 red replies to 0.

gg

AK47WOLF

02-16-2013

Have you ever considered that asking for ranked in Dom is a double-edged sword since there are too many cheesecake tier champions to ban, and the only way you can account for the rest is to mirror pick them, which is impossible in ranked draft?

Not criticizing, just wondering.

A Slime Appears

02-16-2013

I'm not saying I want ranked right now. I actually think ranked should come after other things, although having it regardless would probably be better than nothing.

My point had more to do with the fact that the ARAM thread came 7 months later yet got about 6 times more signatures, and 5 red posts the dominion counterpart never got. Essentially "this is why dom feels like a redheaded stepchild". I'm sure that's obvious to some. This thread is for everyone else.

Brack "We just need to flip the switch" Har made the post though, so who knows how it'll actually turn out!

AK47WOLF

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
I'm not saying I want ranked right now. I actually think ranked should come after other things, although having it regardless would probably be better than nothing.

My point had more to do with the fact that the ARAM thread came 7 months later yet got about 6 times more signatures, and 5 red posts the dominion counterpart never got. Essentially "this is why dom feels like a redheaded stepchild". I'm sure that's obvious to some. This thread is for everyone else.

Brack "We just need to flip the switch" Har made the post though, so who knows how it'll actually turn out!
Oh yeah, I'm aware the thread is to draw attention to Dominion's ignored status. I'm just genuinely curious what you (and others) thought about the double-edged sword thing. If it's a legitimate concern, etc.

Waii Nosferatu

02-16-2013

I am speechless...

no..wait..(pardon my french but...)

W.T.F.

sghdzkjfghsdkjfghlskjghdjfdkfghdkfdga

Can't tell if I should be upset or sad..

Still, I will pray for ranked someday...

Edit: Oh wait, its just matchmaking? doesn't mean ranked right?

A Slime Appears

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Oh yeah, I'm aware the thread is to draw attention to Dominion's ignored status. I'm just genuinely curious what you (and others) thought about the double-edged sword thing. If it's a legitimate concern, etc.
Ah yes. I do think it is. I worry about the lack of support and tutorial, as well as balance issues, scaring away any new users we'd gain from having a ranked Q. You know, the stuff that's scaring people away now >_> those things would have to be fixed first for ranked to be a "true" success, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waii Nosferatu View Post
I am speechless...

no..wait..(pardon my french but...)

W.T.F.

sghdzkjfghsdkjfghlskjghdjfdkfghdkfdga

Can't tell if I should be upset or sad..

Still, I will pray for ranked someday...

Edit: Oh wait, its just matchmaking? doesn't mean ranked right?
Oh yeah, it isn't a ranked Q. If it was a ranked Q I wouldn't have made this thread because I'd be outside Riot HQ with a pitchfork and torch. It's just sad seeing a mode that exists largely for lulz get a Q when dom needs some love before there is no one left to love. Although if hide and seek gets one (ranked or not) I'll probably commit seppukku.

Malah

02-16-2013

The cold, harsh truth is that ARAM has no queue at all, so their people are going to be just a bit lourder about trying to get one at all. Do note the time difference since those reds said "we'll ask" to now. (For those that didn't bother, it was four months ago)

Dominion's already got a queue (two, in fact) and there are a lot of people who just do not care about getting ranked compared to those that do when we have other issues to worry about. I might bother signing that petition if we didn't have a mountain of other problems to address first, and I haven't for that reason.

Cauldrath

02-16-2013

I don't know how the ARAM forum is, but the fact that there are hundreds of threads requesting ranked and thousands of threads complaining about champions moving those threads off the front page means that it's really hard to get a lot of support into a single thread.

At the time I'm posting this, the ARAM forum's last thread on the front page is 6 days old, while Dominion's is 3, so it seems like the Dominion forum makes new threads at twice the rate from that extremely limited sample.

Maybe we should all just agree to have discussion about ranked in a single thread and then downvote all the others into oblivion after posting a link to the preferred thread? Not sure how to best handle the constant necroing, though.

Genericke

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...66486#30666486 - Thread for ARAM Q.

Also, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...15959#31315959

huehuehuehue

For the record, that ARAM thread was started in July 2012, and has reached 500 pages. Our own ranked dom petition started back in January http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...light=petition has a mere 82. Also note 5 red replies to 0.

gg
What annoys me is that this is posted in GD, and not the ARAM forums (and yes, there are ARAM forums). There's something about GD that's conducive to visibility and getting responses. It's a good thing dominion threads that get posted there and gain traction remain in GD and receive the same sort of visibility.

FDru

02-17-2013

There's another sad fact that you missed, and that is that ARAM is probably more popular now than Dominion has ever been in its lifetime.

That said, you're comparing apples to oranges, since a small handful of competitive players are the only ones clamoring for ranked Dom, and probably 99% of ARAM players are begging for a queue, since not having one directly affects everyone playing it.