'Division Hell' guide by S2 elo 1200, S3 Platinum player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slippers

02-20-2013

Bump!

Interceptor09

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundayMonday View Post
There's still totally luck involved. I guarantee that you will not win with players actively griefing on your team. Get two of those in a row and it negates your win streak and keeps you trapped in your division. You have to be good AND lucky!
yep

HasNiceThings

02-25-2013

There is a lot of good information in here. A lot of players could learn a lot from this.

Luck Wizard

02-28-2013

Excellent info! You get to the root issues. To get out elo hell all you have to do is start asking yourself "how can I win the game" rather than "how can I win my lane". Force a win down your team mates throats by excellent ganks. Take your tower down as quick as you can and go help destroy the other lanes. Also spending your money on aura items if you are ahead is a great way to share your gold.

My favorite saying/motto is "If you trolled the other team as much as you trolled your own team you would be platnum right now."

Another thing which goes along way is a 10 minuit break between ranked games, shake yourself out before playing the next one. This helps so much because it helps you 'reset' so you dont play as if you are fed when you are not, and also so you dont play with any negetivity left over from a frustrating loss.

Azellos

02-28-2013

I like this guide, it's very helpful.

On a side note, i'm in gold 2 right now and i swear i've seen more trolls in the past two weeks than i ever did in silver/bronze/whatever.

Slippers

03-02-2013

It seems to me as if people don't care about trying as hard anymore once they hit a new tier. This makes it difficult for other players who are still trying to climb up, to climb up and have a enjoyable experience. The new system is fun in the sense you compete with others, but You cannot drop below division 5 (even though your MMR drops) so I think the amount of 'trolls' (AD LeBlanc in ranked) have increased because they don't care anymore :/

Slippers

03-21-2013

A great way to win matches is to support when needed. I don't care if you're first pick. If your last pick cannot support or no one in your queue for that matter, go support. Having a great, reliable support is 20x better than having someone who hates support with all their heart. I am currently 9 wins and 4 losses as Janna, and 8 wins / 3 losses as Leona. I make awesome plays at botlane and literally hand feed my ADC.