Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Live Design - PBE context thread for 2/15/2013

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Durandral

02-15-2013

Thanks Xypherous! That cleared my confusion about the topic

I'll have to try it out when the patch hits.

ZodiacKiller20

02-15-2013

Wait Xyph don't you have any comments to make about wriggles and how it is always more efficient to keep it at razor stage and not upgrade it?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-15-2013

Quote:

Wait Xyph don't you have any comments to make about wriggles and how it is always more efficient to keep it at razor stage and not upgrade it?

This thread is purely about the current PBE changes and what it implies for this patch.

Noric

02-15-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
Garen is among a very special group of 10 or so champions that are statistically much much stronger than his compatriots.

That's pretty much it - we had a choice of hitting durability or damage, so we decided to hit the free durability in lane.

1. Consider the damage type that Kitae's does.
2. Consider which class gets MR / Level and is likely to have built heavy MR.

3. Consider which class is likely to get the most autoattacks off in a fight.
4. Consider which class wants the least amount of autoattacks to kill a target.

5. Consider which class wants an ideal single-slot item to provide relevant damage for the entire game.
6. Consider which class wants to stack multiple damage items to be relevant and wants to have as many multiplier "hooks" as possible.

I always forget about BoRK being physical damage - that change really made a big difference. Almost everything else seems to apply to BoRK however (i guess the %current being weak against low champions coincides with wanting to take less attacks to kill someone - however if you can chunk them that hard anyway the % damage might not have even been needed)

Faptain Teemo

02-15-2013

The kingblade from yesterday was pretty sweet. This newest iteration should give better lifesteal as the target's hp goes down? Sounds good. I like the idea of it competing with other attack speed items, and with how naturally slow ADCs are, the 4 second speed steal looks nice.

I am concerned though. Is there an issue with BotRK being a first big item on players? I think it's a nice counter to Warmogs which costs about the same.

Greyfauxx

Recruiter

02-15-2013

So Bork will only take effect if your actual AD stat goes up? So woudlnt this be great on people with AD increasing passives? Like Zed?

Taoist Magic

02-15-2013

IMO Trist has been a bit under the radar
These buffs might make her see more use.

Well, you know how it goes with AD carries
endless cycle of FotM nerf/buff

I wonder how boosting attack speed on a champ that has an attack speed steroid will go

Akava

02-15-2013

I like the Cutless change, mostly because as Akali by time I got Cutless 99% of the time I was able to go straight to Gunblade. It almost felt pointless to even have Cutless there. Now I will be able to get to Cutless faster and take advantage of the slow eariler.

This is assuming Gunblade loses 0 stats. If it does, then this would actually suck a lot.

RadicalEdward4th

02-15-2013

By nerfing Taric's supporting ability (both early and late game), and then adding incentive to build non-support items, I'm thinking people won't bother taking him bot. Even if you want to support with him, you need to stack absurd amounts of armor to be equal to what he was before, its weaker early game and unlikely to compare late game especially with a support build.

So what if everyone just takes him top or jungle and builds manamune and sunfire, will you just leave him as a bruiser or try and force him back into support? I just really don't want to see him become a gimped champ that doesn't really fit any role, especially considering this is coming off being the best all around support in the game.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-15-2013

Quote:

Is there an issue with BotRK being a first big item on players? I think it's a nice counter to Warmogs which costs about the same.

From testing - while it's an ideal first big item on some attack speed focused bruisers (like Irelia and Jax) - the item is only really a threat damage-wise late game, due to how the passive scales with the health of the target.

However, on carries, typically a BT or an IE is a much better first item choice for overall DPS at the time in which you would get those items - That is, while BoRK might be the ideal damage item if you have a single damage item fighting 4000 health targets, if you rush BoRk - it's almost always the wrong choice because no one breaks the health threshold when you rush it.

Quote:

I just really don't want to see him become a gimped champ that doesn't really fit any role, especially considering this is coming off being the best all around support in the game.

The benefit of being the best all-around support in the game is that, even if you get nerfed, you go from 'best all-around support' to 'a good support comparable with others.'

Quote:

This is assuming Gunblade loses 0 stats. If it does, then this would actually suck a lot.

Gunblade actually got 2% lifesteal - because Cutlass now has 12% LS. Why am I allowed to just randomly add 2% lifesteal to the final item? Because overall, during the build-up - you tend to be much weaker... kind of.

The combine cost is also pretty hefty now and somewhat unwieldy to finish - hence additional premium due to opportunity cost.