Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Live Design - PBE context thread for 2/15/2013

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greyfauxx

Recruiter

02-15-2013

SO how does bork interact with Quinns passive or Dravens Q passive? Does it do there normal Damage or the augmented damage amount?

DreadnaughtXER0

02-15-2013

Also since you guys clearly love the league of warmogs, why not bring in Kitae's Bloodrazor ffs

badeed

02-15-2013

Can you explain more about taric's W changes 10% of total armor? or 10% of bonus armor

Durandral

02-15-2013

Xypherous, I have a question with the new Blade of the Ruined King.

I'm a big Riven fan (Great job with the champ) and if I built the item on her, would the new "lifesteal" effect of Blade of the Ruined King proc with her passive? Example, Riven has 200 AD at lvl 18. With a passive proc, her AD would be 280 when hitting a target. Would the Blade's effect proc with 200 AD or 280 AD? Sorry if that is a confusing explanation. Thanks!

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-15-2013

Quote:

Xypherous - Are you not worried that the change in sustain type on BoRK will turn it from being an item well used on ADCs against bruisers to an item best used by bruisers?

The item is best used against bruisers. I'm not particularly worried about it *who* uses it to kill bruisers - only that bruisers have someone to fear.

We're definitely aiming for the rest of the statistics to synergize slightly better with heavy autoattackers. Granted there are some attack speed centric bruisers in the lot but on the whole, the statistics push it to be slightly better for ranged carries.

However, the fun of PBE is that actual games pretty much outweighs any amount of coherent theorycraft arguments I could do.

Quote:

Also since you guys clearly love the league of warmogs, why not bring in Kitae's Bloodrazor ffs

Kitae's is the ideal bruiser item to use on squishies - so I'm not sure how it helps.

Quote:

and if I built the item on her, would the new "lifesteal" effect of Blade of the Ruined King proc with her passive?

Doesn't interact with her passive at all - her passive adds damage, it doesn't actually increase her total attack damage

However, her ultimate will enhance this effect at the moment, as her ultimate enhances her attack damage.

Noric

02-15-2013

Quote:
Vandite:
I think it's to help both sides, Buying it on a bruiser when you're behind and they buy a warmogs wont feel as bad as it did in the past

Maybe - but when you look at champions like jax that were already building BoRK or you look at champions like irel that could turn into sustain lane trading machines(max w means more heal, cheaper cutlass means a pretty strong early sustain time that transitions perfectly)

Also consider the buff to the active - doubling the slow duration is going to mean more if you are 1 bruiser chasing an adc than if you are an adc getting jumped on by 3 bruisers.

Thaddeus Maxwell

02-15-2013

Did Vayne's late game really need to be stronger...
I feel like a good Vayne can practically 1v5 40 minutes in, even if you shut her down in lane

ParagonShepard

02-15-2013

Could you give a reason behind the Garen nerf? I'm guessing tank Garen but just wanted to know the actual reason.

Edit: Actually nvm about tank Garen it seems more like you guys wanted to nerf his early lane.

Noric

02-15-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
The item is best used against bruisers. I'm not particularly worried about it *who* uses it to kill bruisers - only that bruisers have someone to fear.

We're definitely aiming for the rest of the statistics to synergize slightly better with heavy autoattackers. Granted there are some attack speed centric bruisers in the lot but on the whole, the statistics push it to be slightly better for ranged carries.

However, the fun of PBE is that actual games pretty much outweighs any amount of coherent theorycraft arguments I could do.

Kitae's is the ideal bruiser item to use on squishies - so I'm not sure how it helps.

I can understand that giving a better counter to hp might bring back other playstyles *cough*burst casters*cough* so i hope it goes with that.

As for the AS heavy benefit - Don't forget the synergy that AA resets has as well.

Why is Kitae's a good item against squishes but BoRK not?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-15-2013

Quote:

Could you give a reason behind the Garen nerf?

Garen is among a very special group of 10 or so champions that are statistically much much stronger than his compatriots.

That's pretty much it - we had a choice of hitting durability or damage, so we decided to hit the free durability in lane.

Quote:

Why is Kitae's a good item against squishes but BoRK not?

1. Consider the damage type that Kitae's does.
2. Consider which class gets MR / Level and is likely to have built some or heavy MR.

3. Consider which class is likely to get the most autoattacks off in a fight.
4. Consider which class wants the least amount of autoattacks to kill a target.

5. Consider which class wants an ideal single-slot item to provide relevant damage for the entire game.
6. Consider which class wants to stack multiple damage items to be relevant and wants to have as many multiplier "hooks" as possible.

7. Consider which class will pretty much always have a Last Whisper in their build at end-game.