Akali is getting rediculous

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kanoba

02-15-2013

Riot how can you leave a champion so broken for so long her ultimate is just stupid lets go over some reasons why

First reason, not only is it practically always up it always seems to be at three stacks
Also why the complete reset of stacks on the respawn?? as if it didnt charge fast enough??

Secondly, its too long a range for something that doesn't need to be set up with a previous hit, like Lee sin's Q needs to land a skillshot same with Diana's ult it just seems akali can turn up anywhere she please's and pick up kills a champion with a comparable build is katarina but she is so easy to interrupt and focus making her high risk high reward type of AP mid , where as when akali gets focused she can either shroud (inb4 ward) but more often then not just ult to a minion and safely get away

Thrid, Her ult Negates escape and escape mechanisms
heres a list of things she can still ult to you after hit with or after using

Bind - ult and kill
flash - ult and kill
dash - ult and kill
sprint - ult and kill
Jump - ult and kill
Jump over a wall - Ward then ult and kill
Sheild - ult then kill abit slower
tumble - Ult wait for invis to wear off and kill
Stun - wait then ult and kill
Slow - HAH ult and kill
Invis - might get away safely but probably ult and kill
Knockback - oh just 1 of my three stacks gone ult some more then kill
Zonhyas - wait then ult and kill cause my lichbane will proc again on my next ult anyways
Silence - wears off but still in range for ult and kill

i think you get the point all of these become so much less effective as escape mechanisms again akali is this exception made for other champs?

The Cooldown is so ridiculously low even with out CDR how can she be balanced riot every game ive played against akali she ends up with a ridiculously high score unless she is trolling on purpose my first game with akali ever i managed 8/2 she is really broken riot please

what NEEDS to happen, her CD needs to be increased, the free stacks on respawn needs to be removed and her free stack on a killing blow needs to be removed then she Might be balanced.....

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanoba View Post
Bind - ult and kill
flash - ult and kill
dash - ult and kill
sprint - ult and kill
Jump - ult and kill
Slow - HAH ult and kill
Zonhyas - wait then ult and kill cause my lichbane will proc again on my next ult anyways
Ashe so stronk!

This is how she kills you no matter what you do!!!!

Bind - ult and kill
flash - ult and kill
dash - ult and kill
sprint - ult and kill
Jump - ult and kill
Jump over a wall - E then ult and kill
Slow - HAH ult and kill
Knockback - 600 range!!! ult some more then kill
Zonhyas - wait then ult and kill cause my lichbane, oh wait nvm she's AD, wait ult kill with aa
Silence - irrelevant, she wouldve ulted by now but shes just gonna aa you to death either way

NERF PLOX

kanacho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanoba View Post
Riot how can you leave a champion so broken for so long her ultimate is just stupid lets go over some reasons why

First reason, not only is it practically always up it always seems to be at three stacks
Also why the complete reset of stacks on the respawn?? as if it didnt charge fast enough??

Secondly, its too long a range for something that doesn't need to be set up with a previous hit, like Lee sin's Q needs to land a skillshot same with Diana's ult it just seems akali can turn up anywhere she please's and pick up kills a champion with a comparable build is katarina but she is so easy to interrupt and focus making her high risk high reward type of AP mid , where as when akali gets focused she can either shroud (inb4 ward) but more often then not just ult to a minion and safely get away

Thrid, Her ult Negates escape and escape mechanisms
heres a list of things she can still ult to you after hit with or after using

Bind - ult and kill
flash - ult and kill
dash - ult and kill
sprint - ult and kill
Jump - ult and kill
Slow - HAH ult and kill

i think you get the point all of these become so much less effective as escape mechanisms again akali is this exception made for other champs?

The Cooldown is so ridiculously low even with out CDR how can she be balanced riot every game ive played against akali she ends up with a ridiculously high score unless she is trolling on purpose my first game with akali ever i managed 8/2 she is really broken riot please

what NEEDS to happen, her CD needs to be increased, the free stacks on respawn needs to be removed and her free stack on a killing blow needs to be removed then she Might be balanced.....
Everything you have stated is wrong... Akali is one of the weakest champions when it comes to CC counters, as the majority of her damage comes from her Q and other spells... This means silencing or stunning or even binding can prevent the majority of her damage... Any CC really would be effective at rendering Akali ineffective.

Chijoku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

I've been playing Akali for about a year, and she's the closest thing to a main for me.

What normal players fail to realize is that Akali is actually a very easy champion to shut down. She relies heavily on the opposing champion making mistakes. In reality she has several drawbacks, which I am going to list for you.

- Her pre-6 is extremely weak. This is primarily her time to farm. She will become devastating if you let her farm. You need to exploit this to its to fullest extent while you can. Play agressive with her and she most likely isn't going to be able to trade and CS effectively. Most mid and top champions are capable of putting out more damage then her pre-6.

-Don't get near her shroud if you can help it, or if you know you can kill her. It only has 8 seconds of effect, and a pretty lengthy cooldown after. I've lost count how many times I've been normal/ranked games where people will just stand in it and slowly get chunked for health. It has a slight slow, so the longer your in it the bigger risk you will die (derp).

-Get your jungler to gank Akali when her shroud is down pre-6/Isolated in the jungle, and a swift gank will end her easily. Again putting pressure on her pre-6 will be a good way to make sure she doesn't snowball like so many people seem to complain about.

- Vision wards are your friends with Akali. This is her only escape next to minions with shadow dance, and her main escape pre-6. Shroud is basically jesus for a good akali. Put a vision down ward in a fight or pre-6 and you will notice how easy it is to kill her like any other meele champion.

- Akali has 3 max shadow dance charges and gets one per kill/assist, which doesn't have a short CD on the recharges until later on. You still have breathing room to kill her when she is level
7-11 due to the semi-lengthy CD.

- Try and not fight akali with the creep/minion wave pushed in your favor. This will allow her to jump around and escape your CC/ganks/damage when she needs to. If you are going to fight her try and get her isolated and throw a pink down, boom she's screwed if she can't burst you down.

- The best way to counter Akali is fortunately what is very popular in the current meta. Akali is the queen of squishy killers, so just get health a bit earlier and you won't find her as much of a threat at all as long as you don't give her too many advantages to capitilize on you. Again Akali is a champion that relies on your mistakes to quick close in and kill you.

-If you are playing ADC, make sure to stick with your team at all times during mid game/always try and create distance from her in team fights so she doesn't jump on you/stand around your tanky bruisers. One of the biggest mistakes I see is an ADC standing too close to walls/getting isolated and picked off, Don't give her the oppurtunity and she won't be as effective. Same goes for squishy AP carries. Map awareness ftw.

I could probably list more, but it's late lol. Just like countering any champion you exploit her weaknesses broheim. She really isn't OP, or she would have a much higher win rate then 51%.

<3

OE KingOfWolves

02-16-2013

I love akali and I love playing the bad ones. Buy a vision ward, lure her into what she thinks is an easy, kill drop that ward and watch her implode from not knowing how to akali without it. Seriously only a long time akali player knows how to fight without stealth. Easy tip if she is doing well before 6, she is not noob and at 6 you better be careful. If she is constantly flinching away from harass and aggressive movements pre 6 she has no idea how to live without her full kit.

Also if you can lure 1 dance before a fight you can eat her alive.

Fluffy1

02-16-2013

while 8 seconds is a very long time for her shroud it is also pretty much the only thing keeping her from CC stunlocks

Alithalor

02-16-2013

I almost can't believe Kanoba is level 30 and has nearly 400 Ranked games... Any Akali player would argue

Stun - Dead
Pink - Dead
Tanky Team - Dead
AE - Dead

If you think Akali is broken you must have a terrible time against Khaz who can do more burst in one leap.

Sevamortner

02-16-2013

I think akali is only op in blind normal's due to derps not spending the money on pinks and how very easy she is to play.

Due to the constant qq'ing on these forums i feel she will soon join Shaco on the bench of i suck at everything but these (blank) 5 levels. Instead of just nurf sticking her, is there a way to make it more rewarding to have to think about how to spend her skills. Possibly, instead of 3 stacks of her ult, make it 4 and remove cdr effect on her ult but if you use it on a minion it uses 2 stacks not 1, if you use it on a champion that is not marked by mark of the assassin it also burns 2 stacks. This would reward smarter play and discourage willy-nilly diving around the battlefield.

I don't know, it was a spur of the moment idea, Thought id toss it out there tho its likely be suggested before.

Imintohardscifi

02-16-2013

Shes not easy to shut down because shes guaranteed to get/steal at least two kills in every teamfight so she'll always snowball. If akali has any CC on her team she has no worries because her ult is more OP than darius ever was

rootsoflust

02-16-2013

It is not cool when u burn your escape and flash and other summoner spell and still get caught by her then burst from 100-0...........
How can Riot not NERF this?