Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Que Dodge (Ranked) Point Penalty?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veelia

03-02-2013

I think they should make the dodge times goes up to like an hour or something to /discourage/ people from joining a game, screaming for top or mid, and just leaving when they don't get it. But I don't agree with the lp reduction.

DrugzSexHoez

07-06-2013

30 min wait is ridiculous. i dodge once every 50 games. i should not be punished

EDIT: and how am i a junior member when i have been playing before season one was in full effect way back when jarvan and nocturne were first introduced.... i was already a level 30 then

Whoa There Betsy

07-06-2013

1. Dodging games during champion select is NOT a feature that Riot built into the client and should NOT be abused by players to pick games where they have the best chance of winning. Notice how you have to exit the client completely to "dodge?" There isn't a leave lobby option while in champion select. Therefore, Riot's intention was for everyone to follow summoners code and cooperate.

2. Having no penalty would mean dodging any game in champion select you didn't feel was optimal for you. Enemy team comp op? Dodge. Didn't get role you wanted? Dodge. Troll on your team? Dodge. People would be dodging in every match. Think about it. In ranked at lower tiers, amumu, Shen, malphite get banned a lot. Say the enemy team gets all three and you know there is no penalty for quitting. So what are you going to do almost every time? Dodge. We need penalties for quitting games.

3. The dodge penalties are minimal. -3Lp and 15 min ban for first dodge? Not bad at all. The only thing that changes if you dodge multiple times in a row is the time ban increases. It used to be worse for promotion series. If you dodge during that it cancels the whole promotion. Now you lose one game which is fair. It prevents players in their promotion from cherry picking the games they think they have the best chance of winning, which is completely unfair.

Dodging isn't cool. The bad definitely outweighs the good if dodging was free to do. The system would be heavily abused and getting into a match would take much, much longer.