What to do if "Server is Busy"?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zurock007

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume Rapide View Post
Well said man, Well said.
is anyone else getting the "forbidden web page" when you click for more info under the server status?

StingrayShuffle

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kigal View Post
Players who pay for riot points should not have advantage of server ques. Believing you are a member of some exclusive front of the internet line club is absurd and arrogant. You paid for points and you spent them in your way of choosing. In no way does this entitle you a guaranteed spot over other users. This logic is flawed, and if implemented would result in nonpaying member to be unable to play during peak usage regardless of their in-game prowess. The purpose of this game is to promote friendly competition, not let the rich buy web time.
No, the logic isn't flawed. To him, it may be an excuse from him to play over others therefor seeming arrogant. However, it would theoretically increase riot's income. One of the major rules in the service industry is to keep your biggest customers happy. Why? You might ask. Well, because they're the ones giving you money. Any company that requires capitol to stay afloat needs to have an income and it is most frequently among the top driving factors in that said company's service. Riot didn't make the game with the sole intent of "promoting friendly competition". Money is every business' motivation. "Friendly competition" is merely a description of their good. Your post, more than who you responded to, was arrogant. His post was an excuse to be put in front of non-paying members. However, his logic wasn't flawed and he talked down to nobody. You're ill-thought-response was of the same nature, but your post was illogical. Think things through next time, Bud.

Gøggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurock007 View Post
is anyone else getting the "forbidden web page" when you click for more info under the server status?
Yup, you're not alone on that one.

Captain Fishy

01-18-2011

Quote:
Yep, im also not allowed to get in even the website is down. Riot please fix this today.

Titanium Apple

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulVision View Post
Jesus Christ, at least give paying customers priority. I know probably a majority of the people who can get in right now haven't paid a penny while I have bought both the Collector's and Bundle as well as bought $70.00 worth of RIOT Points.

IDK why I wasted so much money on a company who could care less about its customers.
OMFG I hate these ******s that say "could care less" THINK ABOUT IT. You are saying you care about it, so you CAN care less about it because your care level is above 0. It's "I couldN'T care less" implying you don't care at all, so you can't care any less. These uneducated people should be insta-banned.

OT: It's designed to be a free game, paying customers shouldn't be given a priority over non payers. And yes, I DO pay.

SoupOrJuice

01-18-2011

Either way, it doesn't let you log-in to the server until AFTER you get a "Server is Online" message, so really it won't know if you bought RP or not when you're getting the "Server is Busy" message so unless they change this order of connecting/logging in then it's a moot point.

alexdeathfiend

01-18-2011

thank you riot for taking over 3 hours to fix servers that always have problems

GeneralMitch

01-18-2011

Same here forbidden

BeastKilla01

01-18-2011

Quote:
yes im also getting this. and how many people payed for this game? i got it free from the website.

Skurwiwij

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

omg always after patching i got PMS