Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Chilean people speaks spanish?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChrisSeraph

02-15-2013

Hi I'd like to know what language does people from Chile speak, because I know some Spanish and I've ran into some people that speak a language that I don't understand (sentences like "sep y k wea ql&quot, when I ask them they say they're from Chile, so I'm curious is it like Brazil where they speak portuguese or is it some native language?

And it was K

02-15-2013

They speak Mexican!

Vivid

02-15-2013

It's Spanish. Much like English has its slang and acronyms and shortcuts when typing on the Internet so do Spanish speakers.

Fallen1994

02-15-2013

its spanish but they are tlking lk dis bcs thy dnt use as mny wrds nor lttrs

Merluza00

02-15-2013

I'm argentinian and I have problems understanding them.
They write in SMS format all the time and use words like "wea" to make reference to anything. Like "wea" can be a champ, an item, an adjective...
they also spam "ctm" or "concha tu madre" all the time on every sentence.
so you need to understand their terms.
"sep y k wea ql" is a short chilean form of "si, y que wea culeado", which means "yes, and what a wea bro". And I dont even know what wea means in that context.
We have less problems comunicating with brazilians and even northamericans than with chileans

romcruz

02-15-2013

Argentinian too and agree whit Merluza00 xD they speak spanish too but is hard to understand... not only cuz use of shortuts when typing, they just use words that really doesnt exist (we have the "che" too... but its only one they have so many much). So that, plus spanish is one of the hardest lenguage to learn must make you dont understand they most part of the time.

Pitufito Dell

02-15-2013

Yeah, In chile ppl speak spanish, but here are a group of people that we call "Flaites" that are usually society scums (thieves, scamers, murderers) whit no education that use 2 insults or bad spelled words per word they write.

VaIshe

02-15-2013

Not all Chilean people speak like that, I atleast, don't use those kind of words to communicate and speak a more "neutral" spanish to say so because I have friends from different countries.

"sep y k wea ql" would be translated more like "Yes and what, ****er" or something like that.

EDIT: What Pitufito said.

Pitufito Dell

02-15-2013

Quote:
Merluza00:
I'm argentinian and I have problems understanding them.
They write in SMS format all the time and use words like "wea" to make reference to anything. Like "wea" can be a champ, an item, an adjective...
they also spam "ctm" or "concha tu madre" all the time on every sentence.
so you need to understand their terms.
"sep y k wea ql" is a short chilean form of "si, y que wea culeado", which means "yes, and what a wea bro". And I dont even know what wea means in that context.
We have less problems comunicating with brazilians and even northamericans than with chileans

That sentence means "Yes and what's the problem "insert insult here""

SilverLegends

02-15-2013

Im Chilean, we speak spanish, thats slang bro.